September 17, 2014 | 1272 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Relastin Eye Silk

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by WorkinMom3Sons

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the other reviewers, product had big time hype and was featured in this month Allure Magazine's best of beauty issue as "dermatologist recommended"... I want to know who's recommending this because I want to make sure I stay away from their offices. I ran out and bought it and package said "this will work where others wont"... yeah right, I will stick w/Shiseido.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Ciaobella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really expected more from this product since it was an Allure pick and had seen reviews elsewhere that supported it's claim to effectiveness.

Like a previous member stated, it felt like a primer. I've used several eye treatments before and I did notice a difference in the darkness under my eyes after a course of a day or so. But, in comparison to other products I've used - there was no significant difference in that aspect either.

Price usually doesn't phase me when I come to cosmetics. But, the amount and the way this product is dispenced is pathetic. I too had to turn the cap off near the end to try to get some of it out. When I first recieved this product I looked and it seemed like the dispencer was half way up already even though it was purchased new.

Very disappointed. I wish the marketing hadn't gotten me so excited about it. :{

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ForgetfulDebbie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On a recent out of town trip I managed to forget my usual eye product. I had a bottle of this tucked away in my travel kit and considered it a stroke of luck - fate - whatever..... I had purchased this based on raves I'd read but, truth be told, I never got around to using it since I purchased another eye product that I ended up loving right around the same time.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE HYPE THAT SURROUND THIS STUFF!!!! I didn't hate it - it didn't do any damage. But, it also didn't do a single bit of good. It feels like a primer. Doesn't penetrate, doesn't moisturize, doesn't do anything positive as far as I can see.

Also, I rarely complain about packaging, but this comes in one of those airless pumps that invariably fails to work. I had to twist it off and use a treatment pump from another product. Although this product isn't fabulously expensive, it's expensive enough to expect decent packaging. Grrrrr.

I ended up going to the drugstore and picking something up there. It didn't compare to my usual eye product, but at least it moisturized, which is more than I can say for the Relastin.

No matter what your particular eye needs are, you can do alot better than this stuff. I don't recommend it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2008 6:05:00 AM More reviews by 96932

Like some other reviewers, I purchased this because of rave write-ups in some magazines. It feels like the cream just sits atop the skin...and doesn't sink in. The texture seems very silicone-like.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by lovegoddess2004

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product seemed to work in the beginning. When I ran out I did not reorder. It only lasted me a few months and the results for the price were not impressive. After I stopped using it and used another eye cream I saw no difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Qupid

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because there was free shipping and no tax so I spent under $60 total which is good for me.

I also noticed a balling up and flaking off of the product, no matter if I used a little too much or not. I haven't noticed any improvement at all, and my daughter commented one day that I looked tired and had dark circles (!). I don't see how any product can claim to rejuvenate collagen production.

With all the money I spend on these useless creams, I may just save my money and invest in a little cosmetic surgery in a few years! It will probably cost about the same.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Initially this product showed improvement but that stopped a few months later. I bought this product 8 months ago due to the Allure magazine best of win, some good recommendations from well respected dermatologists and the pretty impressive studies/results they have on their websites.

I liked the texture at first in that it was smooth and for a few months, I did feel my under eye area was more firm and had more spring. Three months later the improvements stopped. Then I noticed the product wouldn't pump out of the bottle. I simply rescrewed the top a few times and that seemed to work. I noticed the formula started flaking off, balling up. I pulled this out from back of my shelf due to curiosity. The product won't even stay on the eye. As soon as I put this on my under eye area, it completely balls and flakes off! I've never had any eye treatment product in my 42 years do this! I can't even pass this product onto a friend or relative; only into the garbage. What a joke. AND a waste of money.

What do I use now? Past year - Awake Skin Renovation Eye for moisture - simply an incredible, superior product. For firming the under-eye, I just started using Kinerase Extreme Lift Eye and so far it's working great. Upper Eye, I use Isomers Intensive Eye Treatment - good job so far but it's only been 2 weeks. I was using Natura Bisse Diamond Extreme Eye ($175 for .7 oz) and it was nice but not good enough to justify the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by dawndelcastillo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to let everyone know that I have been using a great new product called Relastin Eye Silk.. I have suffered from puffy swollen eyes and have looked like i was carrying my luggage under my eyes. I recently discovered that I have an issue with sodium and water retention, which is frustrating because i have been using products to help get rid of that swelling for so long and it turns out to be a spice. Anyway now that my eyes are not swollen i am stuck with the skin remaining stretched and loose looking, what to do? what to do? I started looking into all the products out there and read a bunch of reviews and the one that got my attention was in Allure magazine. Relastin Eye Silk won the best in beauty award last year so I decided to read more about it and see what others are saying. Wow, lots of great things are being said. The research shows that it actually helps rejuvenate and help your body product Elastin, the key in keeping your skin elastic. so this said I decided to sign up for their 29.95 offer and see what the product is really about. First the texture is very unique, it goes on with a powdery silicon feel and doesn't leave your skin feeling oily or thick. I have been using the product for just under one month and I am really noticing that my skin snaps back quicker and doesn't sag near as much. Now that I have a good feel for the product and see that it works as well as everyone says I will probably move on to the skin revitalizer, which is supposed to be equally good.

visit the site for more information and if you end up trying the product please post some reviews, I am interested in having conversations with others who have the same issues with eye puffiness. www.relastin.com

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by lmarcam

bought based on Amazon reviews and Allure recc., but this eye cream is nothing special. I have oily skin so I like that it is not oily, and I have not had trouble with the flaking issue. however, it simply does not do much. It seems to help a little bit with fine lines, but not with puffiness or dark circles. Definitely not worth the hype or the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 11:19:00 AM More reviews by katgut

I really liked this eye treatment. As previously mentioned, this is not a moisturizing cream product, so adjust your expectations. The consistency is very unusual -- gel-like, but not a liquid and feels almost like a filler -- and it's this filler quality which really plumps up the skin around the eyes. The results for me are great!

I would give this product 5 stars, but it does occasionally flake off as has been mentioned in previous reviews. Regardless, I'm sold on it!