August 20, 2014 | 1999 users online

Fragrances - Darling by Kylie Minogue

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by DiJO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't believe people like this perfume.
It's just really...unbearable!! So strong and cloying!!!
Something like an immature girl wanting to appear sexy.

I got it as a present and I never use it. Even my mum doesn't use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Such a pretty fragrance very feminine floral and springy. I don't however own this anymore I used to when I was a bit younger it really suited me probably still would but I am more into food gourmand smells now like angel etc this was a nice perfume as part of me growing up though would never buy it again because the staying power wasn't good at all but this was a very pretty perfume which I found pleasant to wear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

'Darling' is a nice scent for everyday wear. It's nothing special though, just easy to wear around people. The scent is a fruity floral and is quite synthetically sweet. It smells a bit like passionfruit to me at first, but the sweetness mellows out quite quickly and I'm left with a floral-like scent on my skin afterwards. The lasting strength is average and will need to touch-up throughout the day like most perfumes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 4:19:00 AM More reviews by ticktockboom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a sweet 16th, I'm still in school and don't wear perfume often, but when I do...this is one of my go-to choices (I have about 5 bottles..all less than half used.-.-) Its much stronger than my fcuk her, so I save it for special occasions as I prefer soft scents. However the lollipop- and floral-overwhelm happens to really suit me, and reminds me of my personality when I spray it on (and dance) instead of sniff the bottle. I often get compliments from my friends that I smell good. However I prefer to wear it for special occasions only, as I find wearing it everyday= much too overbearing. The bottle itself is gorgeous...most original one I've seen so far as I'm a fan of rainbows and the "rainbow-oil-spill" effect- goes good on pink glass:) cannot say I dig the lid being plastic though, albeit I do like it's shape.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by DitaVee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After seeing all the poor reviews on here I just had to stand up for what is really my HG everyday perfume.

I'm a big Kylie fan so when this came out I had to try it even though I usually loathe celeb fragrances; surprisingly I fell in love with it and now years later I'm just finishing my 8 or 9th bottle and ordering my next. Fresia, Lily, Sandlewood and Vanilla some of my my favourite scents and I often find myself sniffing at my wrists to enjoy the scent!

This is a very light, candy-ish floral and I wear it all year round as my everyday work perfume. Perhaps it just suits my chemistry more than others but I find it to be unique on me and the scent last for hours. There's nothing like waking up in the morning and smelling this still on my wrists... I frequently get complimented on my perfume and love the looks of surprise when I tell people what I'm wearing!

I'm a migraine sufferer and perfumes can trigger major reactions in me, never once have I had a problem with this - I just adore it. Sadly Sweet Darling doesn't fair well on me at all, but the original cannot be beaten.

My other favourite perfumes for 'taste' comparison: Dior - Dulce Vita, Dior - Hypnotic Poison, Versace - V/S, Kim Kardashian - kk, Vivienne Westwood - Naughty Alice

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

DARLING is an uncomplicated blend of lollipop-sweet fruity notes and unidentifiable florals which never fully develop on my skin.

I can only identify the passion fruit in the top note [which can become sickly in warmer weather], the floral notes could be anything; the top notes dominate DARLING, and then the fragrance dies along with the fruit, leaving a faint scent of sandelwood, which reminds me of my brother's favourite after shave.

Scent notes; Passion fruit, freesia, lychee, lily, bonoria, sandalwood, amberwood and vanilla.

There's not much to say; DARLING is safe, flat and dull. The staying power is awful - it burns out within one hour. The bottle looks nice in pictures, but is cheap in real life.

It'd make an OK present for Kylie fans, as it's so mild that there is nothing for wearers to find disagreeable about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Miku1978

I received "Darling" as a gift and I really don't like it - I think it smells awful on me. It's not a strong fragrance but there is something in it that makes me nauseous. I would never purchase this product myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this, it's probably my favourite perfume. It's nice and sweet but not overwhelmingly so. It's also a bit floral and fruity... just lovely, I love it!

The bottle... it's supposed to look like Kylie's smile isn't it? Ha ha... ha. It's not like any smile I've ever seen. It could be prettier but I'm not going to cry over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by eilidhdawn05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this perfume!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's my everyday fragrance. Cheap and Cheerful. Don't understand how anyone doesn't like it!

xx

update: still loving it - smells fantastic - i love it so much!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by annicasmile

Lillies, fresias, passion fruit, litchi and of course; vanilla. A feminine fragrance with a touch of Spring :)