July 31, 2014 | 1132 users online

Styling Products - Alterna - Hemp Shine and Texturizing Catalyst

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by NanDeer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this. Makes my hair soft, shiny, controlled, anti frizzed.
Love the smell too.... The bottle is funny looking and a little unpractical.
I will definitely buy this again, as Ive become addicted to using it almost everyday.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2006 8:19:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

I bought this product the way most women buy hair styling products... we go in to the salon to get our hair done, our well-coiffed stylist smoothes this in our hair, and as our hair is amazingly blow-dried into a sleek and shiny style that we know we will never be able to re-create, he raves for a good 10 minutes about this amazing potion: ("We just got this in this week, I've almost sold every single bottle that we have, everyone I tried this on with fine hair like yours bought one, ooooh, look how shiny your hair is! This just looks AMAZING, you just HAVE to buy this") Oh, the powers of persuasion. My credit card is easily in reach.... Ka-ching. I hope my stylist enjoys his commission.

And then you go home, and you put this in your hair, and you don't get the same amazing results as your stylist did. Your hair isn't as shiny, and it looks kind of limp. The second time, it's even less impressive. The third and fourth, your hair looks dull and boring you're wondering if it was the product at all that made your hair look so amazing. The fifth, you stuff it under the sink, where it will probably re-emerge in a few months or so. And so it goes

My stylist told me this doesn't have silicones in it... wrong. Which could explain why I each time I used it, it seemed to build up in my hair and look more dull each time. It's not a bad product, but it's an average one, and it doesn't perform well for the price. This is far from magic in a (tiny, but cute!) bottle. continued >>