August 28, 2014 | 1049 users online

Loose Powders - Juicy Couture - Decadent Dusting Powder

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2006 4:04:00 PM More reviews by gatinha321

I saw a Saks.com advertisement of the Juicy Couture Decadent Dusting Powder and I knew I had to have it when the description mentioned that the powder has crushed diamonds. I had no idea what it would smell like, and even if I hated the fragrance of it, I was still getting it. The diamonds sound like a shimmer lover's (which I am,unrepentantly, even at the advanced age of 32), ultimate sparkle ingredient. I had an exchange I needed to make at Saks yesterday and got the Dusting Powder unsniffed and untried. Diasppointingly enough, they had no tester out and the SA didn't act like she was going to make one. Come on Saks!! This is indeed decadent stuff. It's $55 USD for 3.4 oz--net weight, I believe. I like that the powder is separate from the puff instead of the puff containing the powder. The puff is topped by feathers and a bow while the bottom is more of a furry fabric, kind of like those furry but silky house slippers. I don't know how else to describe it. The first ingredient is Mica, followed by perfume. It also has silk powder, pearl powder, and diamond powder. Once applied, the powder doesn't look gaudy but gives a subtle glow. The diamonds are microscopic so that it's hard to distinguish them exactly, but I can see some tiny, shiny little specks. There is nothing gradeschool about this powder at all. I think Juicy Couture did an excellent job with this. The fragrance itself is quite interesting. I wouldn't call this foody and I wouldn't say it's strictly floral. I think the tuberose and creme brulee give it an interesting dry down, if powders can dry down. I'm not saying it smells like Miss Dior Cherie but it's a similar concept of a caramel note plus flowers. Here are the notes of the perfume from JuicyCouture.com:
• Top notes of mouthwatering watermelon, mandarin, and pink passion fruit combined with the sparkling freshness of bright marigold and green apple, enhanced by a splash of water hyacinth and crushed leaves.
• Heart notes of couture tuberose absolute wrapped in wild rose with sophisticated princess lily and creamy tuberose.
• Base notes of caramel créme brulée and vanilla meld with elegant precious woods and patchouli.

I really like this powder so far and as long as this isn't limited edition, I'll definitely buy again.