December 17, 2014 | 1884 users online

Conditioner - Burt's Bees - Color Keeper Green Tea and Fennel Seed Conditioner [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by zephyr74

I have thick wavy hair and wanted a paraben-free, natural shampoo and conditioner. This ISN'T it! It doesn't detangle at all. Returned it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First, I have to say that I absolutely love the way this conditioner smells. I also like the ingredients a lot, and while I will continue to purchase this to use a couple times a month, I don't think the overall value is there. My major problem with this conditioner is that you need a TON of it to get the appropriate slip to detangle even shoulder length hair and also to achieve a minimal amount of moisture. I have shoulder length fine hair, generally I use very small amounts of conditioner and leave it on for a short period of time to keep it from weighing it down. With this product I have to use SO MUCH to get merely satisfactory results. The shampoo, on the other hand, I love in every way. I have to use very little of it to get a great clean and it leaves my hair bouncy and shiny and lovely smelling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just started using this. i t did not fell like it was conditioning enough at first and did not have a lot of slip when I rinsed it out. Once my hair begins to dry though, you can tell how softening it is. It really smells so good too! This is a conditioner that I will definitely keep in my rotation. I love that it does not have silicone in it b/c I use quite a few different products that have cones in them, so it is nice to get a break from them. This is the first burts bees conditioner that I have liked. The others were not moisturizing enough. This one is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

This is so amazing. It saved my hair! I have been using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars and didn't find them moisturising on my extremely damaged ends. I got this to relieve my dry, tangled hair and it worked!

The smell is gorgeous, like a sweet lemon green tea. I washed my hair the night before and it lingered all day! Natural products normally have odd scents but this is perfect!

Although it is pricey, it is worth it. Definite repurchase.

Edit: So I thought I liked it, but I found it didn't hydrate my hair to that extra level that it needed. It was softer and but not silky if you know what I mean. Now that I have found a cheaper alternative that is more natural, I give this 4 for the scent and tries to minimise chemicals, it had expected results but did not go the full mile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Lately I have been really searching for a good shampoo/conditioner combo. I had heard mostly good things about Burt's Bees Colour Keeper so I decided to give it a try, and I'm glad I did!
This is a lovely conditioner that leaves my hair very healthy looking and feeling great, but not greasy. I love that it doesn't leave residue and build-up. I use it in combination with the matching shampoo.
I like the bottles, because you can see how much is left. This is not the case with many other shampoo brands. It has very natural ingredients, which is good. The smell is nice too, my hair smells clean and fresh after using these products. My colour looks good too. I would repurchase this for sure!

UPDATE: A year later and I still love this! I have repurchased several times. It really protects my colour and makes my hair very soft and healthy. It never leaves a build-up on my hair, my hair always feels very clean. I highly recommend this conditioner, and the matching shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this stuff too! i buy this and nutriese leave in conditioner only! i mostly use the bees but when in im a hurry ill use the leave in. this conditions my hair and doesnt leave build up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 12:12:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Fabulous light no-silicone conditioner that works well on *untreated* normal hair (slightly dry ends / slightly oily roots).

Reasonable plastic bottle, no practical issues. Good texture of product, neither too thin/slippy nor too thick. About two inches' dollop is plenty for shoulder-length hair. A major factor is the scent: as other reviewers have noted, this is a true green tea. I liked it, but scent's always a matter of taste, so sniff before you buy in case it's not your cup of tea. Work through hair (avoiding the roots), then rinse. I didn't wait around - I find that it takes me a minute or so to comb conditioner through anyway. Rinse, blot dry, and go. The smell only lingers a little (a shame, methinks).

The hair is happy with this conditioner. Absolutely perfect, and leaves my hair smooth, shiny, bouncy, wavy in a good way. Like in commercials. The only other completely cone-free conditioner that's made it as happy in the last couple of years was the Weleda Calendula (in process of discontinuation, and has the flaw of going off very fast).

The bottle claims to be for coloured hair. So I'm not using it for what it's meant for. My hair is virgin and fairly innocent of all treatment - blow-dried 2-3 times a year at the hairdressers' - but I've found that shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair tend to be gentler (avoiding those targeted at specific tints, obv., and the very heavily moisturising ones).

Loving it. Now using this in alternation with Aveda Brilliant, in my quest to get unhooked from silicones (the Brilliant has a small quantity of a lighter 'cone, way down the list) - moving from 1:1 to Brilliant only at weekends. And in an attempt to save money without sacrificing quality. Bliss - I'd nearly resigned myself to a lifetime of poverty to subsidise my Aveda habit, as it's shockingly expensive here in Ireland. Above all, the hair must be happy - and it is.

Costs EUR 11.00 for 12 fl.oz / 354 ml.

INGREDIENTS: water, centrimonium bromide, cetearyl alcohol, sucrose laurate, betaine, glycerin, honey, sclerocarya birrea (marula) seed oil, glucose, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) fruit extract, impatiens balsamina (jewelweed) extract, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil, myristica fragrans (nutmeg) kernel oil, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, rosa damascena (rose) flower oil, thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, polysorbate 60, fragrance, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

Not moisturizing enough for me. My hair is very long and needs a lot of moisture. This is too watery. But rather than tossing it I gave it to 8 year old niece and its great for her. I like that it doesnt have chemicals cause last thing she needs is a kids shampoo with pthalates.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by chicagochick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have below shoulder length hair that is naturally dark brunette with heavy honey blonde highlights. I originally used Pantene's products, but developed problems with my scalp & heavy product buildup. (Even used a clarifying shampoo once a week). It took a week of not using pantene to get the buildup out of my hair. This is a great conditioner and I love the difference in my hair. It is actually soft and shiny. I had to wash my hair every day before because of dealing with the "greasy" feeling, now I can go 2 to 3 days ( 3 days is pushing it) without washing it. The key to using this is making sure your hair is "soaking wet" and do not squeeze extra water from your hair before applying it. It rises out easy and smells great. Not sure about the UV claims, but love having a healthy scalp and healthy hair again!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2007 2:55:00 PM More reviews by robin72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good for conditioner-only washing, but wasn't enough to actually condition my hair, which is dry, medium-thick and wavy. I do love the smell.