October 25, 2014 | 829 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Maple Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by KB333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE these lipsticks! Great pigmentation. Very creamy and smooth. Some have scent and some feel minty! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Only downside is they have short lasting power, so need to re-apply every hour. BUTTT it's 1 dollar so common!!!

Check out my youtube review at youtube.com/xoKEEBUUxo

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by jonimingus22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this and wish the tube came with more product. I've read several reviews on the Luscious Liquid Lipstick and a lot of people don't like it because it's too "glossy" but supposed to be a lipstick. I like that it's gloss, but without the gloss if that makes sense. It does feel like a liquid-y lipstick going on but not too watery and glossy. I really like this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by kolwink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm strictly a Vaseline-or-Chapstick girl. Still, when a former roommate started telling me about E.L.F., I loosened the purse strings. Actually I thought she was joking: "what kind of crap goes into cosmetics that sell for $1?!"

Still, it WAS $1, and I didn't have to go through the agony of figuring out which one "my" shade was: I just bought the same one she used. Bingo.

That is seriously my biggest fear- ok, when it comes to any beauty purchase- and the one that paralyzes me and prevents me from actually making said purchase. The fear of not knowing which color will suit me best, and the reluctance to buy MORE THAN ONE and experiment.

Anyway, I am now the proud owner of two Maple Sugars. My mother-in-law is not a fan, because apparently it does not look like I am wearing anything. So I guess this is "like my lips but better."

Things I like:
- a pleasant minty smell
- a pleasant tingly sensation
- a "like my lips but better" color
- easy to use tube
- $1 price tag
- general availability at Target

Things I don't like:
- slightly sticky feel
- short staying power
- general availability at Target FAILED LAST TIME

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Vertandor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As other have said, more of a gloss than a lipstick, and the amount is small, but then the price is so good that doesn't really matter.

Maple Sugar is a lovely tint, a natural-but-better if you see what I mean. Slightly minty when if first goes on (quite refreshing) which fades after 10 mins or so.

Less sticky/cloy-ey than many lip glosses, very nice, and now my go-to everyday shade.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I loved this gloss very much UNTIL THEY ADDED a sweet taste to it. BEFORE it was just a minty feel, luscious texture, no sweet taste. Now its cr*p. So disappointed that they did this to something that was already perfect. Same with Perfect Pink. Its sweet. I have a feeling they probably did it to my number one Cherry Tart. Sad Sad Sad. Back to UD glosses which cost a heck of a lot more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Excellent formula - liquid lipstick is a pefect description as it's not sticky like most glosses even though the delivery system mimics a gloss. Can't beat the price, $1 - the only place that has anything for a dollar these days is Dollar Tree, which begs the question, why isnt ELF sold there?!
Maple Sugar, though pretty, is too light for me, but I won't hesitate to try another color or two :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by raspberrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first I really didn't like this. This isn't a lipstick, it's a gloss. I didn't really like the smell or the applicator. I thought I'd end up tossing it, but it ended up growing on me.

It's your average gloss. The pigmentation is okay with this color and the lasting power is about normal.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Lac3andLeather

I should have read reviews before getting this because I really thought it was going to go on with the pigmentation of an actual lipstick. Unfortunately, as everyone said, there is little color payoff - at least with the maple sugar one.
If you are familiar with the ELF studio mint lip glosses, it is pretty much similar to those. The packaging is similar to the Stila lip glosses - instead of the Stila lip brush, it comes with a sponge tip. The gloss feels a bit thick to me - but not in a bad way. It has a minty feel to it. It is not too sticky and adds a good feel to your lips.
For a dollar, you can't go wrong I guess. It does it's job but isn't life changing. However, great to hoard into your collection. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These Luscious Liquid Lipsticks are my favorite product by E.L.F. I use these every day. It has a very smooth texture, tinted but sheer and gives the lips a nice shine. It isn't gloopy, sticky or drying and I don't mind reapplying. It's an ideal item for me because I prefer to focus on my eye make up and wear neutral lip colors. Maple Sugar is a perfect pink/brown neutral for me. There may not be a ton of product but these are so cheap I can easily stock up. I keep them in my desk at work, at home and in my make up bag. It's so sheer & flattering, I'm planning to try many more colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by tessture

yes, it's clear on me, too, but it tastes great and looks nicely glossy, so for the price, I'm happy. Would definitely repurchase, though I might try some other colors and see if I get more tint. Fun and cheap. Works for me