August 27, 2014 | 1866 users online

Eye Shadow - TheBalm - Shady Lady Shadow Liner - Mischievous Marissa

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by sunshine36616

This is a beautiful little shadow. It is so soft and creamy. The color is gorgeous and the pigmentation is awesome. I got this when theBalm had their 1/2 off flash sale and I so wish I had gotten more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Mermaid861

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. It is the best --- the absolute BEST --- eyeshadow I have ever used. I have tried them all and this stuff tops everything.

To start with quality -- the product applies super smooth. It is even, never blotchy. Beautiful shimmer, without that tacky, chunky glitter. It has a beautiful, luminous sheen but doesn't use the glitter. It is honestly the best quality product I have ever seen.

This particular color is lovely. It's sort of a perfect hybrid of brown, peach, pink, and a little orange. I have extremely fair skin and very blue eyes, and this compliments my eyes perrrrrrfectlllllyyyy. However, I can see this color also being completely stunning on girls with deeper skin tones and darker eyes. It is truly a universally flattering base color. I use a light dust of white all over (with emphasis under brow arch and inner eye corner) and then I layer this as my base color. It works for a super smokey eye, with this TheBalm's Sexy Stacey, or for a lighter day look with my MAC Embark (which I thought was my HG eyeshadow...until I found this -- don't get me wrong, it is still my perfect crease color and allover build-able for matte looks, but just doesn't apply so quickly, smoothly, easily, and perfectly.). This makes a nice neutral base for pretty much any color combo, on any complexion. I had a drugstore brand similar to this color, but applying it was a nightmare. It went on uneven, too shimmery -- it looked dirty almost, and had chunky glitter. That color was also a little too pink, TheBalm's version doesn't give you "sick eyes" the way cheap versions of this color could. It gives you perfect emphasis and looks like a natural, but prettier, shadow.

I hate to brag, but....I wore my TheBalm eyeshadows to dinner one night, and a waitress (and fellow makeup lover) approached me to tell me how gorgeous my makeup was. She told me it was the perfect balance between looking natural and glam. She asked what I used because she wanted it too! She said as a makeup junkie she knew it wasn't just a sweep of one color......but it was the kind of look a guy would never think "Ew, too much sticky makeup!" And it's true, this stuff really helps improve your natural beauty, quickly and easily.

To top it all off, I got this in a set at TJ Maxx. It came with the Sexy Stacey, an "overshadow," a mascara, and a makeup remover. They are all totally outstanding. I got it all for a steal. But I am a convert -- I will look to TheBalm first for any makeup. In fact, I went out and bought several other products from the line today, because I was so impressed with the quality. It's a deal even at full price, because the makeup is how all makeup SHOULD be. I will review my new stuff once I get a feel for it, but I am almost certain that i will like it as much, if not more, than the products I have.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by sara942

This beautiful shadow is somewhere between copper and gold in color. It's got a subtle sheen to it but is not glittery. It is super silky, pigmented and blendable -- I was able to pat on plenty of visible color with just the tip of my finger--didn't even have to use eyelid primer! It's also enormous -- 3.4g -- bigger than some BLUSHES out there! I would happily buy it again as it works beautifully on the lid as a base and under the brow as a highlight--but it's so enormous I don't think I'll ever have to :) It makes a GORGEOUS smokey eye with the shadow/liner in the Sexy Stacey shade. another great product from thebalm!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by rediska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful luminous shade. Goes on smooth and silky, blends well and stays well.
Recommend it to anyone looking for a base for warm/bronze/brown make-up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HOLY crap, this shadow is gorgeous. It's an even better version of MAC Tan pigment (though I still love that one), if a little more peachy. If you have green or blue eyes this is a must have though I think it would work on everyone. The texture is amazing, so smooth and buttery soft. The pigmentation is outstanding. It looks like it should be frosty but it isn't, it's very warm and flattering. Big thumbs up from me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a nude / champagne color, one of those universal shades that can be used on everybody. I wasn't a fan of it though because it looked a bit too orange on my lids and the pigmentation was a lot darker than I thought. Good staying power, but not my style at all. Cute packaging otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 6:41:00 AM More reviews by JenniStarBrite

Mysterious Marissa is a great shade; I would say its almost a frost finish but the color is so warm. I am a naturally tanned latina and on me this color has some sheen and shimmer (NOT glitter!) but its a neutral; sorta golden peach;closer to a cool copper or light bronzer shade. This looks amazng on darker olive toned/golden brown skin.

I almost returned this because alone it doesnt show on my skin very well; super natural finish and for work I usually like a little more zing. But I have recently found that is an AMAZING layering piec. Its is very blendable especially with the plums and greens I like to wear for my faux smokey looks. I have also used this as a highlighter when I go dark smokey with my Mac browns.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by facebylace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this little gem at TJ Maxx! It's a pretty peachy like color. It goes on very smoothly. It is pigmented, but still very sheer if a soft hand is used. This is my first time using a product from theBalm and I'm impressed! I love the packaging it came in. It came w/ 2 other eyeshadows. Very cool :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by sumansaran

Mysterious Marissa is somewhat of an icey shade, except for the fact that actual color is much, much warmer and closer to a cool copper or peachy beige, almost like a bronzer actually. It has that perfect lustre/pearl/shimmer finish that I crave and love in an eye shadow because it makes it so much more blendable, layer-able, and overall, wearable. It can look a bit pasty on my lid, but less so on the brow bone. Its actually an excellent highlighter.

Because it's a warm shade, I tried it on my cheeks too and it actually gave a very nice shimmery glow. I think I'll use this shadow as a multi-purpose highligter/bronzer/magic marker of a product that I can just dot anywhere or under/over something else to make it pop a bit. Only recently bought it, but it seems like its a good repurchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ed100866

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this product in "Sexy Stacey" (a shimmering pewter). I have to say, I am very impressed with this brand. I love playing up my eyes and lips - and this eye shadow it outstanding. The fist thing that attracted me to the brand was the advertising campaign - I'm a sucker for things that look retro. Then I started playing with the shadows in Sephora and I loved the texture of the shadows! The color is vibrant and very shimmery - but not in a clumpy-glitter way. The shimmer is smooth and evenly distributed and the consistency is very rich feeling. Be careful when applying - a little goes a long way! I've used this as a shadow and as a liner and I found it great for both uses.