New York Color Makeup Brushes

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I hated these brushes so very much. The brush for applying my shadow didn't help it to go on smoothly at all. Oh goodness it was horrible. I also don't like the size. They are far too short.

When I tried to wash them, the hairs fell out a lot and just ruined my entire set of brushes.

I would not buy this ever again. Invenst in some good brushes, not this bad crap.

on 12/18/2009 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This stuff isn't bad. It's great for beginners. The only draw back that I can think of is how small these brushes are. Don't get me wrong...I prefer for my brushes, espcially my eyeshadow brushes, to be somewhat short. But these? My God. They're about as long as my pinkie, or so it seemed. Their size makes it hard to grab onto. But other than their short-stature, I have no complaints.

on 10/17/2009 1:56:00 PM

OKay if you're like me and can't afford your MAC or even Sonia Kashuk then this isn't half bad. for like 4 dollars you get-

eyeliner brush- I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. i hate using felt tipped liquid liner for some reason. with this BRUSH my line is really clean, super thin, and really even. HG eyeliner brush here!

blush brush- it'll do. the quality isn't great, the brush can be scratchy and coarse, but it still spreads the blush evenly. not complaining here.

eyeshadow brush- good for blending. no complaints here either

sponge tip eyeshadow applicator- okay this sucks. don't waste your eyeshadow and try to scrape it on wth this...

lip brush- really precise and small. a little too small for fat lipped ppl like me, but it's really good for a precise clean outline.

lash comb/eyelash brush- i hate the lash comb, the bristles are too fat and far apart and it just clups your lashes. I like the eyelash brush though you can make your brows go whatever direction you want.

so overall, for less than 5 bucks it's a steal.

on 9/30/2009 7:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I HATE these brushes there horable!!!! there stiff and when u wash them they get ruiend(I just trashes the blush brush) the rest of them are either in the trash or......lost *___ * so plz plz if ur looking for a chep GOOD Q brush set don't get this one

I have the one with the blush brush, eyeliner brush, lip brush, eyeshadow brush, and the sponge-tip applicator. It was only like, $1.99, so it's not that big of a deal.

I just started wearing makeup a month or two ago, so I have NO idea what a decent makeup brush is like. So don't count on my review too much :].

The blush brush, I use as a powder brush (I know, very n00b-ish.) And it's been giving me great coverage o____o.

The eyeliner brush is kind of hard to gather all the fibers together to make a thin line.

The lip brush is very good. I could use it to get to the corners of my mouth easily. I sometimes even use it to apply lip balm for fun xD.

I've never used the eyeshadow and sponge-tip applicator before, since I don't wear eyeshadow. (I'd look like I'm wearing too much makeup and look trashy.) So I have no comments on them, except that when I accidentally tugged at the sponge-tip applicator, I pulled out the sponge tip =____=. That's okay thought, since I don't wear eyeshadow.

The packaging was simple ; a bendable, thick plastic packet, with a piece of cardboard instructions inside.

I bought it at a Rite Aid for $1.99. I LOVE N.Y.C.

on 2/2/2007 9:14:00 PM

1. eyelahs brush sucks. NO SEPERATION only clumping
2. the eybrow brush is really unforgiving
2. the actual blush/broner brush is really stiff.
3. i havent really used any of the other brushes but they look just as cheaply made as the two above

but it was under $5.
just i what i expected.
for the price its decent.

I bought the On Location Makeup Kit. Luckily it was cheap, because it was terrible. The blush brush shedded all over my cheeks and chin and the other brushes didn't work either. Of course, what do you expect? You can't make good brushes for $4.

on 11/16/2005 4:15:00 PM

I was looking high and low for a lip brush and couldn't find a cheap one. My mom found this set for only $1.89 and I was flying high. I won't use the blush brush but I will use everything else. The lip brush is small but it works. I'm very happy with this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought eye shadow brushes (4 for $0.99 us) and they were just ok. the sponge tips started falling apart.

on 1/10/2003 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If you want a very small, cute set of brushes for your purse this is a nice set at a very low price.

Popular Makeup Brushes