October 23, 2014 | 1252 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - Daring Definiton gel liner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Sunny58

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not like this at all. It was my first gel (this is more of a cream tho) liner. too dry, even after I first opened it. I'd never buy this again.

The Sephora brand cream liners are really nice. I've had one for almost a year and it's still creamy. I believe they're only 10 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Cheesy17

I had never tried gel liner before and thought with the price of the avon gel liner it was an affordable enough to try out but even with the low price i still feel ripped off. i was able to get it for around $4 a pot and purchased it in brown and black. The gel was not soft and did not glide nicely or give a full coverage. the brown was so metallically it barely showed up and the black had to be layered for the deep black look. Ive tried different gel liners since then and they put the avon product to shame.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Atsparkler018

This was the worst gel liner I have ever tried. I had somewhat high hopes for this but I strongly suggest you look for another brand. This dried out within a day, and to begin with it was not very "gel" like. It was more like they molded a eyeliner pencil into a jar. Doesn't apply smoothly, if you can even get it onto a brush. Go for mac fluidlines, its worth the money .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I got this because I was thinking about trying out a gel liner, and decided to try this before I run off and buy a more expensive gel liner to see if I like it. (I was thinking mac blacktracks) I usually use pencil, and I went through a liquid phase, but that got to be too complicated for my lifestyle recently. I really liked this at first, however, as otherís stated, it was not what I was expecting. I also think it would be best described as a cream rather then a gel. I donít see anything gel about this. However, I was successful at getting this to work for a smudgy eye line, which worked well for me for a while. I did, however, feel like I was dipping into the pot too often, and I really had to work at it to warm it up by swirling around in the pot to get it to glide on smoothly. It just takes too long, and I donít find myself using it that often any more because of this, so I think I will swap it, since otherís seem to be making good use of it. The packing is very cute, but kind of bulky.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 12:28:00 AM More reviews by stitcheskisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is crap!It smudges way too easily and will not stay on my bottom lash line.It dried out way to fast before I even used half of it.I will never ever buy again!!!What a waste of money!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by kateecakes

I almost only wear liquid or gel eyeliners. I purchased this one because it was much less expensive than what I normally wear. Unfortunately it is not as nice as other gel liners. The consistency is difficult and makes application a little complicated. It seems very dry (as compared to other gel liners.)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by fwilmore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first gel eyeliner I have ever bought...in black. I hate pencil liners and liquid is so messy. I love this eyeliner in the little pot. It's called a gel, but it seems more like a thick cream to me. This lasts all day and does not crease. The wonderful thing is that it's buildable. I can do a thin smudged line or a thick, dark cat eye. The brush it comes with was useless to me...well except that I like to use it with brow powder to define my eyebrows. I use an EOB liner brush instead. I look forward to trying more colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by maxmommy2

I really wanted to try a gel eyeliner as I have the WORST time getting eyeliner to stay on my eyelids--liquid eyeliner is about the best I can do but not even that sticks around for long enough. Anyway, as this was so cheap I purchased it from the Avon lady. It just didn't impress me much...it doesn't look very black on (and I am very, very pale) and it smudges around. Also, when I wear this on my water line, it balls up in my tear ducts (yuchhhh!) and it looks like I have goopy eye gunk which is just not that nice really. It might work if you don't have oily eyelids, and it does glide on very smoothly so if you have the right skin you'd probably like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Classic_

Really good product, sharp, un-fading colour, glides on smoothly and lasts lloonnnggg. I find that it's a lot easier to make a 'cat's eye' look with this rather than w/ a normal pencil eyeliner. The brush allows for great agility, to get the arch and outer flick just right. Want to buy again but I can't seem to find it in the catalogues anymore...discontinued perhaps?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 10:44:00 AM More reviews by hayeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has become one of my favorite makeup products. I had never used a gel eyeliner before but I always wanted to try it. So when I saw this on Avon catalog I immediately ordered it together with its liner brush. I must say it is a great product. It has a slightly hard texture inside the little jar, like a dry cream, probably due to the fact that it is packed tightly. But when I dip my brush in it, it becomes softer, and turns into gel consistency. Using the brush, I am able to get a perfect and precise line every time, very thin or very thick, depending on what I want and how much I build it. And there's no need for tugging the delicate eyelid since the gel goes on so smoothly with the brush. If I want to have a less defined line, I go over the line with a brush lightly, creating a more smoked out line that looks more natural. Applying some similar colored powder eyeshadow also enhances the smokey and natural look and also prolongs the life of the line by setting it. But even when I don't set the line with powder, the gel eyeliner had great staying power. Kohl liners disappear after a couple of hours and smear to make a mess. But gel eyeliner stays put all day long... and possibly longer if I don't wash it off at night. Definitely a must have in any makeup bag...