Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 2/23/2015 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this after watching Goss Makeup Artists video claiming that it was the best primer ever... And I'd have to agree!!! I swear it's like they took glue and put it inside this bottle! I use it after my moisturizer and before my foundation (allowing 3 minutes in between like the directions say to) and it really works. with a lot of primers I don't see much of a difference, but this one does the trick. one time I wore it over night and woke up with my skin still looking the same & my mom even noticed then went out and bought herself a bottle. I think this product is underrated even though it is more on the pricey end. I recommend it to everyone!

on 2/12/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a nice primer. It helps the skin look more perfected. Sometimes I use it without any foundation because it makes the skin just look nice. Your pores are sort of minimized and your skin is smoother. But make sure you wait a few minutes before applying anything on top because otherwise it comes out kind of wonky. I wouldn't buy it again because it just doesn't do enough for my skin, especially for the price. I am still on the hunt for the HG primer. But I do recommend it if you just want slightly more perfected skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this as a primer. It doesn't do wonders for keeping oil at bay, but it doesn't enhance oiliness either. What it does do is makes my skin appear less flawed when wearing makeup. I can definitely tell when I forget to use this product or when I have to substitute it for another brand. This is the best primer I have found (better than addiction NV's babys butt and every single $42 Smashbox primer I have invested in (including the new pore minimizing one)). I have been using this for 10 years and finish every package while half empty Smashbox ones collect in my makeup box when I realize they don't measure up.

on 8/24/2014 8:03:00 PM

I had doubts purchasing this because it is expensive and never used Philosophy products before so this is my first product from them.

I don't like using foundation or having a lot of makeup. I prefer the natural look. My makeup routine before this was moisturizer and then subtle blush, concealer, and mascara. The Present is a great base for makeup and it's a wonderful product to use alone. I now apply this after my moisturizer. I let it dry for a few minutes while I get dressed or flat iron my hair. I never had problems applying it either,
A simple hand is all you need.

This dries and has a matte feel. It's not heavy. A little goes a long way. I prefer a pump dispenser with this because you can accidentally squirt too much into your hand. And for 30$, every ounce counts.

Bottom line is try this if you're into the natural look. It's great. I'm sure it's great when used under foundation, but that's not my makeup routine.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Once I let it dry on my face and put foundation on it leaves my face feeling amazingly smooth. It feels like I am not wearing much makeup, but I found out your foundation can't be too cakey. I use nearly naked by revlon and it works amazingly. I use this under my eyes to prime my concealer and it makes a HUGE difference on how it feels when I put it on. It just glides under my eyes and it makes it a smooth application. it makes my face very matte and does help with pores. However this does not make my makeup last, but it does not say that on packaging so they are not tricking you! This is literally meant to just prime your face and for that I love this product.

on 2/21/2014 11:38:00 AM

A lot of people seem to not like this primer but I LOVE IT. I have used Smashbox, Laura Mercier, Lancome, Sephora brand, Clarins, and drug store brands and I keep coming back to the Philosophy (most of those were samples).

The Good:
1) great matte coverage - sometimes I just wear this and no makeup
2) good at filling pores, smoothing lines
3) once dry, you don't have that slick/greasy feel

The Bad:
1) A pump would be better. Sometimes the product gunks up in the cap.
2) If this gets too hot, it will break down in to a watery mess. I left it in my suitcase, in the trunk, on a hot day and it was ruined.
3) You do have to wait 2-5 minutes after applying so there is that issue, but it's not a big deal to me. Also, you must use sparingly. Dumping it on is a big mistake.

I see other primers rated super high so I buy them or get a sample and the just don't compare. I know this doesn't work for everyone but it works for me!

on 2/11/2014 5:27:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

This primer is good, I got it from my aunt, who uses everything QVC airs. I never thought to use this brand because I sorta wrote it off as a "mature" rand but I am happy she let me try this. I also want to try other products from this brand now.

on 2/11/2014 10:57:00 AM

Due to minor discolorations underneath my chin, I need primer which allows foundation to adhere better ..... I have used some great brands however, none were the best as each one performed well in one area and not another such as Hourglass is great if you are using a lighter foundation or BB cream and Mally is great if you are using a thicker foundation or concealer however, can look a little cakey ...... I was watching Youtube videos and came across Wayne Goss' review the Present primer and I took his recommendation and purchased this primer and could not be more pleased ..... I have been experimenting the last few days by using this primer with lighter formulas as well as heavier ones and this primer works the best ..... it works so well that I do not even need a setting powder as I have needed with other primers ...... I do not have an issue with the smell as it quickly disappears and I have used the directions to wait a full 5 minutes before using my foundation and it blends in seamlessly and truly looks natural (no dryness or cakiness) ..... although I have only used this product 5 days now it has fulfilled my expectations and I have to give it HG status already.

on 12/8/2013 3:38:00 PM

I have tried at least 10 different primers, and this is the worst by far. Worse than the absolute bottom-dollar drugstore goop. It felt like smearing Elmer's glue all over my face and shined like it, too. In fact, Elmer's glue would probably make a better peel-off mask than this product makes a primer. Took it promptly back to Sephora after one week of trying to love it, with a mouth and jawline full of acne to boot.

on 12/5/2013 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Zits Galore! Not all silicone primers cause zits for me, but this one does.
Plus, the huge tube dispenses a crazy amount each time - a pump would be so much better. If I could use it. Back it goes for a refund.

Popular Primer/ Correctors