December 20, 2014 | 847 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by PMAR

I had doubts purchasing this because it is expensive and never used Philosophy products before so this is my first product from them.

I don't like using foundation or having a lot of makeup. I prefer the natural look. My makeup routine before this was moisturizer and then subtle blush, concealer, and mascara. The Present is a great base for makeup and it's a wonderful product to use alone. I now apply this after my moisturizer. I let it dry for a few minutes while I get dressed or flat iron my hair. I never had problems applying it either,
A simple hand is all you need.

This dries and has a matte feel. It's not heavy. A little goes a long way. I prefer a pump dispenser with this because you can accidentally squirt too much into your hand. And for 30$, every ounce counts.

Bottom line is try this if you're into the natural look. It's great. I'm sure it's great when used under foundation, but that's not my makeup routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by drugstoremakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Once I let it dry on my face and put foundation on it leaves my face feeling amazingly smooth. It feels like I am not wearing much makeup, but I found out your foundation can't be too cakey. I use nearly naked by revlon and it works amazingly. I use this under my eyes to prime my concealer and it makes a HUGE difference on how it feels when I put it on. It just glides under my eyes and it makes it a smooth application. it makes my face very matte and does help with pores. However this does not make my makeup last, but it does not say that on packaging so they are not tricking you! This is literally meant to just prime your face and for that I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by acxgal

A lot of people seem to not like this primer but I LOVE IT. I have used Smashbox, Laura Mercier, Lancome, Sephora brand, Clarins, and drug store brands and I keep coming back to the Philosophy (most of those were samples).

The Good:
1) great matte coverage - sometimes I just wear this and no makeup
2) good at filling pores, smoothing lines
3) once dry, you don't have that slick/greasy feel

The Bad:
1) A pump would be better. Sometimes the product gunks up in the cap.
2) If this gets too hot, it will break down in to a watery mess. I left it in my suitcase, in the trunk, on a hot day and it was ruined.
3) You do have to wait 2-5 minutes after applying so there is that issue, but it's not a big deal to me. Also, you must use sparingly. Dumping it on is a big mistake.

I see other primers rated super high so I buy them or get a sample and the just don't compare. I know this doesn't work for everyone but it works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by eeniemeenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This primer is good, I got it from my aunt, who uses everything QVC airs. I never thought to use this brand because I sorta wrote it off as a "mature" rand but I am happy she let me try this. I also want to try other products from this brand now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Due to minor discolorations underneath my chin, I need primer which allows foundation to adhere better ..... I have used some great brands however, none were the best as each one performed well in one area and not another such as Hourglass is great if you are using a lighter foundation or BB cream and Mally is great if you are using a thicker foundation or concealer however, can look a little cakey ...... I was watching Youtube videos and came across Wayne Goss' review the Present primer and I took his recommendation and purchased this primer and could not be more pleased ..... I have been experimenting the last few days by using this primer with lighter formulas as well as heavier ones and this primer works the best ..... it works so well that I do not even need a setting powder as I have needed with other primers ...... I do not have an issue with the smell as it quickly disappears and I have used the directions to wait a full 5 minutes before using my foundation and it blends in seamlessly and truly looks natural (no dryness or cakiness) ..... although I have only used this product 5 days now it has fulfilled my expectations and I have to give it HG status already.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by AngleDoux

I have tried at least 10 different primers, and this is the worst by far. Worse than the absolute bottom-dollar drugstore goop. It felt like smearing Elmer's glue all over my face and shined like it, too. In fact, Elmer's glue would probably make a better peel-off mask than this product makes a primer. Took it promptly back to Sephora after one week of trying to love it, with a mouth and jawline full of acne to boot.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Zits Galore! Not all silicone primers cause zits for me, but this one does.
Plus, the huge tube dispenses a crazy amount each time - a pump would be so much better. If I could use it. Back it goes for a refund.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by saharanights

This is the best primer I have ever used! My foundation looks 100% improved with this underneath and makes me look like I just have naturally great super smooth skin! I applied a thin layer of this all over my face and then let it dry for a bit over 5 minutes then applied my liquid foundation with my fingers and the result is a flawless younger looking skin. I have a few freckles (not very bad) on my face that still shows through my foundation as it is very sheer foundation but with this on, it's like it does not even matter at all as my skin looks so glowy and youthful. This never happened to me before! The Present is definitely a holy grail primer for me.

My makeup looks as great at 10 in the morning til I take it off 10 at night. I do get a bit oily on my t-zone during the day but I use a blotter and my makeup doesn't get disturbed at all. Looks very fresh again after I blot.

If you apply a moisturizer before this, wait for like 5-10 minutes before applying this primer. I usually do that for each layer on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Cherishedadvice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First things first, you must wait at least 5 minutes after applying a Pea size amount of this primer before putting on your foundation. You also have to pat it into the skin. I usually get dressed while its drying and by then I'm ready to apply my MUFE matte velvet or Revlon Colorstay with my flat kabuki brush. This primer is ok. I hate the smell, and this stuff is nothing like YouTube guru gossmakeupartist was raving about. I'm still looking for a good primer but I can make this work while I have it. I bought mine from ebay, but I recommend getting from Sephora so you can get your money back incase you don't like it. Also, I had no reactions to this primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by hanabi318

This primer has a different consistency to most primers I've tested, it's not the silicone feeling primer. It felt thick and tacky upon application and took a while to settle before foundation can be applied over. Because it's tacky on my skin, powder foundation went on blotchy. When I used cream or liquid foundation, it seemed to lift and rub off the primer off of my skin...looks like the residue when you use an eraser. It didn't do anything for me, one less useless product in my routine.