Banana Republic Beauty W Eau de Parfum

4.1

on 12/18/2014 11:43:00 AM

This has been my fragrance for over 10 years, and I still love it. It has a crisp, clean, warm spicy but subtly feminine finish and is an excellent scent for my professional work hours.

on 10/8/2013 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

At first spritz, i wasn't quite sure if i'd like it or not, the notes are kinda confusing.. but after a while, W O W.. the drydown is AMAZING!! Light, fresh, clean, yet sophisticated and professional... It has good longevity on my skin too!! I'm getting many compliments from both men and women, even brings a lot of confidence and good vibes everytime i wear it =)

I'm totally in love with this perfume!! Thanks for being my great buddy,, BR W!!

on 8/20/2013 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've gone back to this a few times over the years, and every time I try it again I wonder why I tried other scents. It's the perfect subtle floral: delicate, fresh, pretty. There's no cloying sweetness or anything overpowering; it's soothing without the sharp citrus or watery scent some "fresh" perfumes have.

Staying power isn't the best, but hard to get that in a lighter fragrance. You can get a 2 pack at Marshall's for $20 so reapplying isn't a big deal.

on 2/11/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I would always overlook this at Marshall's and TJ Maxx. Would see it all the time, but one day I got curious and started looking up the reviews. Reviews are mixed. I took the chance and decided to blind buy it. I am so glad that I did. It smells so fresh and clean. Like I just got out of the shower. It really does smell like an expensive soap. This is an every day, non offensive smell. I am very impressed with it's longevity and sillage, it really lasts. Got it at a fantastic price too, it had a double pack for 1.7 oz each for only $20, that's a steal. Now I think I will get the Classic also. Now the only downside is it has a strange annoying smell when you first spray, but it goes away fairly quickly, so wait for the drydown before you judge. I wish I would have bought this sooner, Love!

on 8/19/2012 9:37:00 AM

Another one of my go-to scents for over 10 years now. Despite that every bottle I buy cracks on the outer part, I still would like this on my dresser for a long time from now. The scent is classy, light and wearable on any occasion.

on 2/26/2012 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This perfume is definitely wearable. At first it is very overpowering, even bitter/stinkweed like in smell. But the dry down is great. It becomes crisp, sweeter, and the bitter smell dies down. However, like others have said... the lasting power is pretty poor. It lasts me 2-3 hours before I can hardly smell it....
I might re-purchase because I was able to get it for a great price and it's a good, clean scent for work. I've tried much better though, and I had higher expectations for Banana Republic.

on 10/22/2011 5:13:00 AM

i am so dissapointed with this..i love the smell, but there is no staying power..on me its pretty much disappear after 1 hour. not happy!

This is one of my favorite perfumes. I first got it in the 9th grade and 7 years later I still use it. It is so crisp and refreshing. Anytime I need a quick pick me up, it instantly energizes me. I love it for its unique mixture of subtlety yet staying power. It lasts a really long time, and it dries down to the same notes you start out with, which I personally love. I hate when perfumes dry down to a completely different scent from the one you originally fell in love with.

on 5/16/2010 12:17:00 AM

I loved this a decade ago and I still love it today. It was my signature for many years. Back then, I wanted something "chemically", clean, abstract, and appropriate for all occasions -- W was perfect.

(Later, I discovered Bobbi Brown Almost Bare and, except for W opening more sharply than Almost Bare, both are essentially the same perfume.)

I currently have two bottles of W and one bottle of Almost Bare ... because I am ridiculous. If I ever manage to find a more "corporate power" version of these, I feel certain I could take over the world. :)

I tried this on in TJ Maxx because I was interested in a new low-price perfume. (they had it on sale for like 20$) and come on, banana republic? this stuff must be top notch right? Ahem, a few seconds after I sprayed it, I had to keep sniffing my wrist to keep asking myself if I liked it or not. That's usually not a good sign. By the time I got home I was bordering on a mild headache and itching to remove this stuff with alcohol. And I did. The potency of this reminded me of a pine-sol like aroma. It is really bad. I could smell a little bit of flowers but it was mostly so spicy I couldn't bear it. Fail BR!

Popular Fragrances