April 18, 2014 | 1938 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Purple Eye Effects Kit

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2006 8:28:00 PM More reviews by michellabella

$25 sounds like a good deal for a purple matte shadow threesome, Midnight Cowboy cream shadow, and Big Ticket Metal eye sheen right? *Buzzer goes off* Uh, no, sorry, this eye effects kit sucks for multiple reasons. First of all, the amounts you get of each are teeny tiny. That shadow trio is like a Barbie compact. The metal eye sheen comes in a cute gem-like container, but when you open it, the amout of product is less than 1/4 of the package. I hate superfluous excess packaging! The cream shadow is the best value, but the cream inside is awful, almost too thick to be called a cream. Which brings me to my next complaint: the quality blew chunks. Big, garish, glittery chunks. The chunky glitter factor is off the charts. I expected the cream shadow to have a nice shimmer, but this looks like confetti from a New Year's party landed and stuck to your face. The metal sheen in the gem jar was dry as heck, I had to scratch the surface with my fingernail to get any out. The pressed shadows were basically chalk, and to add insult to injury--not even PURPLE! They were so grey and flat looking. Am I outgrowing Urban Decay, a line I used to love? *Sigh* Maybe. After being disappointed with my last couple of purchases & the line's declining quality, I might have to say goodbye to my old friend at least when it comes to the color department.