September 21, 2014 | 1262 users online

Skincare - Body - Keri Original Moisture Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Lilimommy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best lotion I have ever purchased! I have really dry skin and this does the trick!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by zhen11

I have had eczema and sensitive skin my entire life. I have used this since I was a child and continue to use it into my adult years.
Original packaging was a white bottle (varied in shape), typical to most body lotions, then they had changed it to black (which may have confused consumers, though it did look very nice) and now back to white (marketing issues with the unfamiliar black bottle?).
It has a nice fragrance, which is very light, but you can get it in unscented as well.
It is thick, but not as thick as other creams I've tried before (CeraVe - awesome!).
It goes on smoothly and relives dry skin instantly. I use it EVERYDAY after I shower and people who have brushed up against my legs and arms always compliment me on my smooth, soft skin.
For those who don't like the greasy feel, it may not be for you. It leaves a slightly greasy residue, but I feel like that makes it work and last longer.
A guy friend asked for lotion once and I gave him some. He said it was a bit greasy, but actually liked it because it was working unlike the non-greasy lotions he's tried before.
I stock up whenever I see it on sale to get the best bang for my buck and have used every last drop from every bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm befuddled by the small number of reviews for this lotion. It is a thick and very effective lotion -more like a cream, with a very pleasant fragrance. This is the lotion that was prescribed to patients with very dry skin on their lower extremities due to poor circulation. It's feels very soothing on the skin but it is also designed to be thick and act as a barrier cream. It is this mechanism that traps the moisture from being loss through the skin. live in a desert climate and I am predisposed to dry to very dry skin. I use it on my knees, legs, elbows, arms and upper back. All areas where I struggle with very dry, itchy, irritated skin. Once per week I use it on my entire body straight out of the shower after exfoliating with an exfoliation towel. Makes my skin feel like buttah and my lovey loves buttah. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by annely

I got this as a gift from a roommate who was moving out and didn't want to lug all her stuff back to her home province. This bottle was still almost full by the time she left so she didn't want to just throw it out, and ended up giving it to me along with a pile of other stuff. One day, I ran out of my regular B&BWs lotion and had to use something else for the meantime. I remembered that I had this and decided to try it. Since it was given to me, I don't know how much it costs.
I got this Moisture Therapy Lotion in "Original (Lightly Scented)". It has this type of "sweet" smell that I've noticed in many DS lotions and creams. The scent is subtle and pleasant, and doesn't really bother me.
The formula itself is very thick; thicker than many lotions I've tried before. It doesn't absorb into the skin very well and leaves this sort of greasy feeling. The worst part is that once this greasy feeling is gone, your skin feels dry again, if not more dry than it was before. A lotion that dries out my skin? Definitely a bust for me. Will not be purchasing or using again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by fwilmore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite body lotion. I always saw it in the stores, but really didn't give it much thought. I used it in a restroom one day when someone had left the bottle on the counter. I fell in love. I don't like it when I put on a lotion and wonder where it went. Personally, I like it when it leaves a little sheen or oil behind. It makes my skin glowy. This leaves some, but it's not overwhelming or greasy to me. It's very thick, and a little hard to spread, but that means that a little goes a long way. I like slathering my legs with it after shaving. My legs get so itchy, but Keri makes everything better. The smell is very pleasant to men and women alike. My husband likes it too. One of my favorite things about it is the black bottle. It looks so chic on my nightstand. However, the black bottles are being discontinued :( The new white ones just look like every other lotion out there. The black one set it apart from the rest. I hope they will bring back the black bottle someday. For now, I'm going to decant the product from the white bottles into my black pump bottle. Just wanted to mention that I don't like the Advanced fast absorbing formula. It's nothing like the original. I will definitely keep purchasing the original formula!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by gmb03

i live in a tropical country so just imagine how greasy it feels when i apply this lotion. ya it moisturizes my skin but i always dread the moment when im about to apply this. it definitely doesnt go smoothly. i am not exaggerating but i when i apply and spread this on my skin, i feel like im spreading honey on my skin. it kinda absorbs after 30 mins or so and you'll feel normal again but i really hate the application part. i hate sticky stuff. wont buy this ever again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by luckygurl32487

I bought this product because I ran out of body lotion and it was on sale (I'm not picky about my lotion, I'll buy what's cheapest) I have quite dry skin and I read lots of reviews from people who love this product but I can't stand how greasy it makes me feel. I don't know what it is about me since everyone seems to LOVE this product but I find it greasy, a bit sticky and that it takes forever to absorb.

It gives your skin a beautiful shine, like an oil, which would be great for your legs the summer but not when you're getting ready for bed.

Overall it does moisturize, but I find it very greasy and will not likely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Mickster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been going back and forth from this lotion all my life. But now I have finally settled on it as HG. I always wait until my skin is in horrible scaly shape...and then I pick up a bottle, and it cures me within a few days. It's not fancy, and it doesn't smell sexy...but it doesn't interfere with my perfume either. I just works. I'll repurchase this until the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2007 6:22:00 PM More reviews by kateecakes

Okay, i will admitt that Keri lotion doesn't have very good packaging. . . it also has a not so great scent. . . however, it is a great lotion!!! I like the fast absorbtion version of this product a bit better (orange on the label in place of the blue). Whenever I use this lotion my skin feel so healthy and young. I love it!

*UPDATE* I still think is the best body lotion!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 2:09:00 AM More reviews by sally35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extremely dry skin all over my body. I have been using Keri lotion for years & it is the only thing that keeps the cracking & flaking under control. My favorite is actually the fragrance free version that you can buy in Canada. They offer one in the States as well, but I believe that the formulation is different & I don't find it as moisturizing. I have tried pretty much every other moisturizer going (from drugstore brands to expensive department store varieties), but I always come back to Keri. I panic if I don't have at least 2 containers of it under the sink at any given time. I would recommend this to anyone as a very effective, inexpensive moisturizer.