October 25, 2014 | 1781 users online

Eyes - MAC - Cream Colour Base

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by babyxdee10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have these in the shades Nude, Pearl, and Bronze. Nude is great for great as a base for my powder highlighters and blushes, but that is about it. If you find that your MSF highlighters don't show up as well on your skin, this is great for it. I originally got it because I thought it would also be good as an eyeshadow primer but it creases sooo much after about an hour. Also, it is slightly darker than my skin tone (I am around NC 20/25). I use Pearl as a highlighter for my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, cupid's bow, and brow bone. There's not much else to say about it, it's pretty generic in terms of cream highlighters. I use Bronze in place of a powder bronzer during the summer because it lasts longer and has a soft shimmery finish which very pretty in the sun. It's a little hard to blend so you have to work quickly, I just use my fingers or sometimes a wet sponge to blend it out. Store these in a cool place, because if it gets too hot they start to separate and this clear yellowish liquid forms on top. I just wipe it off with a tissue or leave it in the fridge and it usually goes away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

Although this is good it's not the best highlighter out there, i much prefer macs strobe cream which i have reviewed, much much better, if you're a boy, if you're a girl this is very feminine and more of a going out product as opposed to a day product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by ilostmypanties

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I have cream colour base in Pearl which is a pearlescent white with a goldish tinge. I use it on my cheekbones, browbones, bridge of nose, and cupids bow, also sometimes as an eyeshadow base (if you use it for this purpose be sure to set it with a powder). I really love this product it's really versatile and I use it almost everyday in my makeup routine. The only bad this about this I would say would be when using it on my face, if I powder over it it will sort of look muddy. I have found that I can apply it over powder and it looks fine though. I defintely recommend this product and would purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by raindrop23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the idea of these but the ones I have are a strange mixed bag of tricks. The one I do really like is the Emanuel Ungaro Bougainvillea - gives a wind-bitten cherry pink flush that looks really natural on fair skintones. I also have Shell - which is basically a cream highlighter (and I don't really 'do' frosty so this one's my own error in judgement) and Fresh Morning.

Fresh morning is a dirty lavender tinged pink which is also uber pale. It's almost exactly my fair skintone but a touch too ashen. I have yet to find a use for this but I did try as under the eyes brightener & worked well there. Very strange colour for a face product. Maybe it's meant to amp up that pale canvas look?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by kmitch137

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Perfect for an eye shadow base, or for a light sparkle on your eyes by itself. I use the Shell base under all my eye shadows now, and you can really tell at the end of the day when your eye shadow still looks great that it is working! I stopped getting a dark line of eye shadow in the crease of my eyelid since I started using this!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by wakuplilsuzie

hiyas
i bought this mac cream colour madly magneta base and was told that i can wear it eyes cheeks and lips. Real reason why i bought it b/c its mulit-purpose. However, when i opened the package it said not to use for eyes. I was so upset then read the reviews how crappy it is for eyes, so im returning it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2010 8:04:00 AM More reviews by lyndseychaps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The colour was fantastic! However it remained sticky on my eyelid even after being set with eyeshadow powder. The whole make up look just kinda slid around my eyes, it was also creasing even after primer!
The price was reasonable, i would buy again but prob need to research how to use correctly also which is the best brush/tool to apply. Any advice would be great!
Lynds xx

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I want to love this product I really do but something is just not right.
I have Cream Colour base in 'Improper Copper' & unfortunately only after I purchased it did i see the website mentioned 'dont use on eye area'...well then, where the hell should I use it.
Yeah, i do get use out of it as a cheek blush during the summer & Id be happy if this was specifically what its for but its not. So my question to MAC is - why cant one use this colour on the eye ??
Id like to try this product in 'Pearl' because this you can use on the eye, as a highlight,on cheeks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this as an e/s base... but ended using it as a highlighter instead. It creases terribly as a shadow, but works incredibly as a creamy highligter when patted lightly on to cheekbones with your fingertips. I have this in 'Luna' which is a shimmery creamy white colour. I definitely want to try other CCBs - but I have a feeling with the tiny amount I use, this won't run out any time soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by yelrihs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have fair skin and I use "Luna" on my cheeks and the bridge of my nose after my foundation for a really dewy, fresh look. I then set it with a tiny bit of powder. I use the base sparingly so my whole face doesn't look metallic. It's great for highlighting!

"Pearl" is also very pretty but was my second choice color as a highlighter, because it's more gold than Luna, which is more white. I would use Pearl for a more sun-kissed, warm look, and Luna for a more porcelain look.

Pearl is similar to NARS's "Copa Cabana," highlighting/blush stick. Copa Cabana's shimmer is a bit less subtle than the MAC base. Both are pretty.