Dior Pure Poison Elixir

3.1

As with Pure Poison, the main player here is the jasmine. A LOT of heady, gorgeous jasmine. I get jasmine, vanilla, a hint of cacao, and some bergamot, with a hint of sandalwood in the drydown. It is Pure Poison, on steroids. I felt it was much stronger--in fact, a bit too strong for me. It did give me a headache with just a little bit on. It was not an unpleasant smell, so I didn't consider it a 'scrubber', but it was just TOO MUCH.
For some people who are wanting that oomph from their Pure Poison, this is definitely the ticket. Sadly, it is very hard to find, and while the atomizer is adorable, it can't be stored with the atomizer on, due to evaporation. Worth the money if you love jasmine, or if Pure Poison is your favorite. :)
(crosspost)

on 3/13/2013 9:14:00 PM

I like this version better than the original Pure Poison, it is richer, sweeter, less gardenia and more amber and cacao. The gardenia in the original is just too much for me, overall I do like it, but whenever I wear it I wish the gardenia wasn't so overwhelmingly powerful. This elixir version grants that wish, the gardenia is still there but it is quieter, more muted by the other notes. I find this scent perfect for spring and summer.

The sillage of both the original and the elixir version is quite good, as is the longevity. I Sprayed the tiniest amount this morning around 8AM before work and it is still going strong in the evening when I get home.

My one issue with this perfume is the sprayer, the bottle itself is gorgeous, but the atomizer does not work very well. On top of that I can't leave the atomizer on it, I have to constantly replace it after I use with the screw cap it also comes with, otherwise it evaporates way too quick. The presentation of the atomizer is beautiful, it's a wonderful idea, but unfortunately it does not work in practice...

on 1/17/2009 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have just finished a bottle of this. I love it, I feel feminine and attractive wearing it, and I get lots of compliments. I actually priced it for a repurchase today, it is so lovely, and when I run out of my other perfumes, I will buy it again.

on 2/4/2007 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok I really like this. no it doesnt smell much different than pure poison but i don't think it was really supposed to. It does have a richer scent on me. and I really like it. I love the bottle but idon't know if i really like how the atomizer sprays. i feel like i need to spray more than just my usual 1 ot 2 spritzes.

I had to thave this when I saw it on sephora's website. I have to wear both scents on different wrists to really describe the differences.

I just know that i feel beautiful when i wear Pure Poison Elixir. I am very glad i bought it even though i have 2 bottles of pure poison lol.

I will have to try this layerd with my pure poison body lotion.

on 11/21/2006 8:38:00 AM

I tried it last week and didn't like it. Completely unappealing, dull. Harsh edges, lacks softness and there is nothing original or interesting in it.

on 11/10/2006 4:33:00 PM

I tried this a couple of weeks ago at Sephora. I was really looking forward to trying it as Pure Poison is my one my all time fav. scents for me to wear. I was very dissappointed in Pure Poison Elixir. I thought it was going to be a richer, denser, and more heavy than the original Pure Poison. Unfortunately, elixir is none of those things. It seemed to me to be a watered down version of the original. No depth and no character like the original has.

on 11/9/2006 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Designed to be a deeper, richer version of Pure Poison, Pure Poison Elixir
also has amber, vanilla, almond, and cocoa bean. Elixir was just a chemical mess on me. I worry about materials degradation and fragrance evaporation with those balloon atomizers.

Popular Fragrances