November 24, 2014 | 1994 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Pure Poison Elixir

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I like this version better than the original Pure Poison, it is richer, sweeter, less gardenia and more amber and cacao. The gardenia in the original is just too much for me, overall I do like it, but whenever I wear it I wish the gardenia wasn't so overwhelmingly powerful. This elixir version grants that wish, the gardenia is still there but it is quieter, more muted by the other notes. I find this scent perfect for spring and summer.

The sillage of both the original and the elixir version is quite good, as is the longevity. I Sprayed the tiniest amount this morning around 8AM before work and it is still going strong in the evening when I get home.

My one issue with this perfume is the sprayer, the bottle itself is gorgeous, but the atomizer does not work very well. On top of that I can't leave the atomizer on it, I have to constantly replace it after I use with the screw cap it also comes with, otherwise it evaporates way too quick. The presentation of the atomizer is beautiful, it's a wonderful idea, but unfortunately it does not work in practice...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by jennybabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have just finished a bottle of this. I love it, I feel feminine and attractive wearing it, and I get lots of compliments. I actually priced it for a repurchase today, it is so lovely, and when I run out of my other perfumes, I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok I really like this. no it doesnt smell much different than pure poison but i don't think it was really supposed to. It does have a richer scent on me. and I really like it. I love the bottle but idon't know if i really like how the atomizer sprays. i feel like i need to spray more than just my usual 1 ot 2 spritzes.

I had to thave this when I saw it on sephora's website. I have to wear both scents on different wrists to really describe the differences.

I just know that i feel beautiful when i wear Pure Poison Elixir. I am very glad i bought it even though i have 2 bottles of pure poison lol.

I will have to try this layerd with my pure poison body lotion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2006 8:38:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried it last week and didn't like it. Completely unappealing, dull. Harsh edges, lacks softness and there is nothing original or interesting in it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2006 4:33:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this a couple of weeks ago at Sephora. I was really looking forward to trying it as Pure Poison is my one my all time fav. scents for me to wear. I was very dissappointed in Pure Poison Elixir. I thought it was going to be a richer, denser, and more heavy than the original Pure Poison. Unfortunately, elixir is none of those things. It seemed to me to be a watered down version of the original. No depth and no character like the original has.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2006 3:48:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Designed to be a deeper, richer version of Pure Poison, Pure Poison Elixir
also has amber, vanilla, almond, and cocoa bean. Elixir was just a chemical mess on me. I worry about materials degradation and fragrance evaporation with those balloon atomizers.