October 22, 2014 | 1423 users online

Pressed Powders - Naris Up - ACMEDICA Acne Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by ilusuens

This product claims to help pimples and control oil. While i did not break out while using this, i did not notice a decrease in the number of pimples on my face. Its oil control is so-so. I get shiny after 1-2 hours which is pretty sad. Its also not good to use if you have dry skin as it tends to emphasize dry spots. Best to moisturize well before using this powder. It has light-medium coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2006 2:31:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Acmedica Acne Face Powder is a line of two powders - yellow toned (to conceal acne scars) and lavender toned (blotting powder) both of which are absolutely excellent.

I recieved both in a swap, and as a breakout-prone girl I was highly excited about these. When I break out, it's important to me to be able to use cosmetics which won't harm my skin, allowing my skin to breathe. The 1st powder, the yellow one, is great for on-the-spot redness concealing and is intended for use in the t-zone area. The 2nd powder, the lavender one, is great for overall oil-control. Both powders need to be used sparingly, since they have light-reflecting pigments and tend to be a tad "shimmery". The lavender powder is by far my favorite - it controls oil while still leaving me "glowing", not reducing me to a severe matte finish.

I'm rating both these powders with 4 lippies. The yellow powder has a lippy reduced becuase of the amount of contained shimmer, the lavender has a lippy reduced due to the fact that it can't be applied concentrated (with a sponge), or it will leave your skin purple - it must be used with a brush in order to apply the correct amount.

continued >>