April 19, 2014 | 859 users online

Treatments - Avon - Advance Techniques Dry Ends Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This review is for the dry rescue leave in moisturising treatment, it does weigh the hair down which I think makes it a good treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by TwiPixie

I never really had split ends in my life but since lately Ive been using too much heat on my hair and a lot more products my grandma (who sells Avon) got me this.
At first I wasnt really happy because it has alcohol (so you cant ever ever use it before heat) and it looked to watery for a serum, I imagined it would have a bit of a thicker consistency.
Anyway I've been applying it just because it wont hurt and it smells ok but it doesnt make my hair look or feel any different. Again, I cant speak of the dry/split ends because I dont really have that problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This moisturizes my hair and my dry ends great! If I put in a generous amount at night, i'll wake up with the perfect amount in my hair, and it's great. But when I'm putting it on right before I leave, it gives me a natural shine to my naturally dull african american hair, and if I put it on before I straighten my hair it still shines. I'll always buy this again, for as long as they sell it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Possibly the best hair product I've ever tried. Avon is very hit-or-miss, but this stuff rocks my hair world. My hair is straight, fine and tends toward greasy. My step-DD's hair is thick, wavy and tends toward dry - yet we both love this stuff. You only need 2 small pumps for shoulder length hair. It's fairly light weight and not at all greasy. It makes my hair nice and smooth, without needing to always blow dry it. I also am using much less conditioner now, because this acts like an excellent one. I swim regularly, and this stuff is an excellent protection from the chlorine. Step-DD flat irons her hair regularly, and this acts as an excellent protection for that too. In short - it's cheap, non-greasy, eliminates frizz and lets natural body come through. My flat hair has MUCH more body now than when I used to use more conditioner. I generally use it on wet hair after showering, but it's also great on dry hair. That's the best part - even though it's a serum and it smooths my hair, I get lots of volume. I'm seriously impressed. INGREDIENTS:
cyclopentasiloxane
parfum/fragrance
phytantriol
phenoxyethanol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 3:10:00 AM More reviews by emgb

I love this stuff! It's affordable, lasts forever and it works. It leaves my hair looking healthier and does hydrate dry, split ends that I often have. I will buy this for as long as they sell it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by madean

This is a great product, it's very inexpensive and works excellent!!!
I bought it on sale online, and when I tried it, I was surprised. It conditions your hair especially the end, and anti-fizz. It also make your hair shine with a lovely smell. Will definitely buy it agian!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Amazing product! The only one that's light and doesn't leave the hair greasy at all!! Gives a nice natural shine, the hair is easy to comb and very silky. I've been using it for two years and will surely repurchase it. Great price, great value!

-----
UPDATE: Oh nooo! Avon has changed the packaging and the formula for this product! I hoped it would not affect the quality, but it did!
The new serum is not as light as the original, it feels a bit greasy and does not leave my hair as smooth as it used to.
I'll definitely not repurchase. I'll probably get the L'oreal serum instead...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by chelleywhite

Until I find something better I'll continue to repurchase this. It's a great, affordable serum which really does the trick on my over-bleached hair. I don't usually heat style my hair, but I straightened it yesterday. Needless to say the ends were a bit of a dried, fried mess, so I worked this serum into the ends and it smoothed and moisturised them really well . It's still smooth this morning, but I'm about to put more on to re-moisturise it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

PROS: Inexpensive, esp compared to other hair serums (Paul Mitchell, TiGi). Adds a nice amount of shine. Lighter texture than some serums (although I wouldn't recommend for fine hair).

CONS: Does not mend or nourish hair long term. IMO, smells a little strong at first but the smell fades a little (smells kind of like Skin So Soft?). I have short hair and use 2 pumps, which seems like a lot for a short bob haircut... but it's cheap enough to use that much.

Overall, if you're a fan of hair serums, give it a try! I would consider repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Fid

I wouldn't say that this works miracles on my hair but it is still a nice product! It is a lot lighter than a lot of other hair serums I have used and doesn't weigh down my hair or make it greasy in any way. It works well for getting alot of the frizz out of my naturally wavy hair and also smells wonderful. It does seem to make my ends feel less dry and brittle, which they tend to sometimes be because I flat iron my hair a lot. It is also really inexpensive though I do tend to have to use more product than with more concentrated serums.