November 27, 2014 | 1404 users online

Fragrances - Mary Kay - Affection

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Affection is the second perfume i have tried by Mary Kay and it is the second fragrance that i really like by Mary Kay. The first Mary Kay fragrance i bought was Dance to Life and that is a very floral. Affection is the total opposite. It is a spicey oriental fragrance and leans close to masculine. When i first sprayed it on i immediately thought of Coka Cola or Dr. Pepper.....probably closer to Dr. Pepper. I mean that in a good way though. Also, it reminds me of Chaos by Donna Karen too. Affection has a very fizzy feel to it and it is very, very long lasting.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by tootietootie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was given to me as a gift, the roll on version. I like it, but you have to put a lot on. Something in there is tart and sour, something floral and pretty ... nice mixture on me. I would not have purchased it, so it's something unexpected for me to wear, but I do like it's fruitiness.

It reminds me of a fresh rose smell when I smell it on my rose bush outside the house. Don't think there are roses in it although, but the flower smell in it is similar to a "fresh rose on the bush" . Doesn't last too long although, but hardly anything does on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 7:49:00 AM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the sexy bottle, and the stuff inside. It's very spicy not sweet at all. Oriental Spice is what comes to mind with this scent. I would wear this in the cold months, very nice smell in my opinion..It's pretty masculine

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by JWDoorKnockerReturns

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A bit pricier fragrance in the world of Mary Kay. Very lovely.
I'm bummed when I hear MK product put on par with something like Avon. They're not even in the same league IMO.
I'm normally not a big fan of "spicey" fragrances so I questioned whether I would like this or not. It is SO beautifully blended.
The other reviewer who said it reminded her of an "elegant woman's handbag" was spot on. I KNOW that sounds funny but it is true. This is such and elegant warm and pretty scent. Kind of like slipping on the coat of a beautiful woman. Warm...comforting...and relaxing.
I really like this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by nynaeve77

I really liked the smell of this perfume. It's in the floral-oriental style that I love. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to something in it; I get nasty hives wherever it touches my skin. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't own this fragrance personally, but I've sprayed it on myself countless times. My sister has it, her boyfriend gave it to her as a Christmas gift, and she hates it, but won't give it to me because it was a gift from her boyfriend. Don't you think that's the most unfair thing in the world? When someone gets a lovely fragrance, and they don't like it but won't give it to someone who does? Perfumes are meant to be enjoyed! Oh, well, I guess I'll have to purchase a bottle myself. It's a great warm fragrance, a bit strong at first, but not unbearable. I don't know about notes, but to me it smells like a very warm sweater or smelling the inside of an elegant woman's purse. Maybe you can't picture that, well, it smells elegant, expensive, femenine and warm. Try it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2007 10:12:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought an Affection set that came with a very pretty fragrance solid compact. This fragrance is heavy on the pink pepper note but I do not mind that at all. A slightly heavy floral oriental but not in an annoying way. Might buy the EDP form of this though I must complain as I think it's way overpriced at $50 for 1 ounce of EDP. I also agree with some of the reviewers below in this this does smell similar to Chanel's Chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2006 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Tapestry

I think this new scent by Mary Kay is lovely!
It's a bit strong when I first spritz it on, but it quickly
dries down to a more subtle lingering fragrance.
The fragrance really lasts too! I wore it to bed and
could still smell it when I woke up. Very subtle though.
I wouldn't call it overpowering at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2006 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Bec_ee

I got Chance with this too!! At first, i couldn't figure it out, but it's very, very similar. I already own Chance, so i won't be buying this. Luckily, i got it as a sample with the latest MK flyer :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2006 11:05:00 AM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was given this as a gift. Fortunately, the giver was not around when I opened it, because the first words out of my mouth after I took a whiff of this were, "UGH! YOU COULD KILL BUGS WITH THIS STUFF!"

Needless to say, it's just not my kind of fragrance. To me, it smells exactly like roach spray.

I'll stick with my light florals. If you like heavy oriental scents, it's possible that you might like this one.

I'm glad that I didn't pay for this, and that I could throw it away without the giver ever knowing about it. I just hope that the bottle doesn't break on the way to the landfill. ;) continued >>