November 23, 2014 | 2133 users online

Shampoo - Joico - Moisture Recovery

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by empty8_box9

This shampoo smells great. I wish it worked for me but it didn't. I can see how it could work for some because it is really moisturizing. For me though, it seemed to weigh my hair down. I might try using less and see what happens but for now, its too heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THE PRODUCT
I like to alternate my shampoos, but this is the one I reach for the most. There were times when I used it exclusively, and I never experienced build-up and it remained just as effective as it was the first time (sometimes my hair gets used to products, and doesn't respond so well after a certain amount of time, this is not the case here).
Moisture Recovery is recommended for any type of dry hair. I have thick, coarse, wavy dry hair, and find it excellent for my hair type. I think it's mild enough for thin dry hair as well. However, you shouldn't expect a miracle. If you're hair is very dry, you have to use a conditioner or a mask after this shampoo, but I think it's OK. If a shampoo cleans well, it can't moisturize like crazy at the same time.
Moisture Recovery lathers well, has a pleasant, light floral smell, and did not irritate my scalp at all. It cleans my hair mildly and effectively and leaves it really moisturized, but clean. (Some shampoos for my hair type coat the hair, but MR doesn't.)

AUTHORIZED ? RETAILERS
Some advice, if you can't justify spending so much on a shampoo. I really urge everyone to try salon products, and if satisfied not be afraid of buying liter sizes on sales. You can check the batch code in the store on your smart phone, and see when a product was manufactured, or if the batch code is valid at all. You can read or look at photos how a certain product should look like, what kind of consistency, color it should have. You can make great deals, not everything is fake that is cheaper. I've used Joico for years, and I've ordered products from their website and other internet stores as well. I didn't find any difference. I check the batch code of the unopened product, and if it's not OK, I'd send it back.

SHELF LIFE
If unopened the average salon shampoo has a 3-year shelf life, Moisture Recovery has 5. I got this number on an information card with my delivery from the Joico website. I'm really surprised at this piece of information, but this is what they said. Once opened, the average salon shampoo can be used for 12 months, Joico for 18. This you can find on the package shown with the usual sign.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried many different shampoo & conditioners..... drug store to high end salon. For years I never found something that wowed me that I would repurchase. I'm very pleased with this line and have repurchased many times (which says a lot coming from me). Do note I have thick, course, dry, frizzy hair that is caucasian.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Average product. Didn't do anything for my dry damaged hair but certainly didn't cause any bad reactions (as most "average" shampoos do to my hair). I found Rahua and that's incomparable to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried almost everything on the market and I always find myself going back to Joico. I have never had such healthy hair using anything else. My hair is shoulder-length, highlighted, and naturally curly (frequent drying and straightening). I alternate the K-Pak Color Therapy shampoo & conditioner with the Moisture Recovery shampoo & conditioner. I won't ever make the mistake of buying anything else again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

FINALLY ... Find a decent moisturising shampoo and conditioner.
I love to spend on hair products and i m person that never buy drugstore brands but only salon. Over the years i have tried nearly all of them including very $$ ones. Also i have been using for long period Kerastase , Pureology , Redken but didn't find any HG . My last try was Moroccan oil S & C it was better than the others but still not great. My hair is fine , wavy and VERY dry. I constantly abuse with bleach , highlights and colours. I also suffer split ends and my worst nightmare is the amount of frizz my hair have. And to add to all the abuse i do to my hair i live in area with VERY hard water ( i do use 1 x 10 days Joico clarifying shampoo for that which is life saver for me )
Right after trying so many brands and types ( for damaged hair / for dry hair / coloured hair / fine hair ) all i wanted or my hair needed was moisture. Proteins don't do much for my hair but i still use ones every two weeks just to make sure i add some protein as i constantly use bleach on my hair.
After reading on the boards about Joico moisture i decide to try , so i bought the shampoo conditioner set. Honestly this is the best ever MOISTURE set i have ever used.
My last try was Moroccan Oil but wasn't as moisturising as it claimed. I just start the Joico and i saw IMMEDIATELY results. My hair is always shiny and super soft as well as the frizz is reduced significantly . Honestly i can't believe i finally found something that work that good.
I don't have problem using this on my FINE hair at all. To add i also use the balm that is for thick hair. But only apply on mid / ends.
Absolutely love it and will stick with it.
If you concerns are dryness - please try this. I believe there is nothing better.

PS just to add i also used Pureology Hydrate line which was the worst. As long as i used as dryer my hair was going. Not sure why as i use to love this brand but they change the formula ??

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by pattyk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product. For the most part, my hair isn't too fussy when it comes to shampoos, so I'm easy to please and this does what I need it to do without drying it out. I have medium texture, wavy with some grey hair, and lots of it. I actually was meaning to buy the conditioner but bought the shampoo by mistake, they have exactly the same bottle color! I wish there would be something different about the packaging so that when I'm in the shower and don't have my glasses on, I can tell what's what! Anyways, I will probably go back to my Mastey Traite when this is done, because I have a slight preference for it, but I don't hesitate recommending this shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Excellent moisturizing shampoo. I find it works best when used with the accompanying Moisture Recovery conditioner, but it's not necessary to match them up. Cleanses well, rinses cleanly and leaves a fresh scent. It's a bit more expensive than drugstore shampoos, but it's actually worth it. My dry, thirsty hair loves this stuff. Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so. Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is not to thick and not to thin, has a light blue color and a fresh uni-sex scent. It does a good job in keeping my hair moisturized and works great together with the conditioner, I could really notice that my hair became less dry while using this and I abused my hair allot lately with my curling wand! I like to rotate and expermiment with haircare products but I could see myself buying this again in the future and I can really recommend this line of products by Joico.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Hugabubble9090

I have very fine hair that has a weird, uneven kink to it. I always have to blow dry and straighten otherwise the kink takes over and it's a frizzy mess. I love joico products and swear by them. As I have chemically treated hair, I use this alternatively with the joico kpak reconstructor. Love it. My hair is never perfect but this gives me the closest I'll ever get! I use the moisture spray too which makes a huge difference. Only issue is here in Australia it's pricey, which over time is a major expense, but I feel it's worth it! (Not sure about my boyfriend though!!)