April 16, 2014 | 1843 users online

Shampoo - Joico - Moisture Recovery

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

FINALLY ... Find a decent moisturising shampoo and conditioner.
I love to spend on hair products and i m person that never buy drugstore brands but only salon. Over the years i have tried nearly all of them including very $$ ones. Also i have been using for long period Kerastase , Pureology , Redken but didn't find any HG . My last try was Moroccan oil S & C it was better than the others but still not great. My hair is fine , wavy and VERY dry. I constantly abuse with bleach , highlights and colours. I also suffer split ends and my worst nightmare is the amount of frizz my hair have. And to add to all the abuse i do to my hair i live in area with VERY hard water ( i do use 1 x 10 days Joico clarifying shampoo for that which is life saver for me )
Right after trying so many brands and types ( for damaged hair / for dry hair / coloured hair / fine hair ) all i wanted or my hair needed was moisture. Proteins don't do much for my hair but i still use ones every two weeks just to make sure i add some protein as i constantly use bleach on my hair.
After reading on the boards about Joico moisture i decide to try , so i bought the shampoo conditioner set. Honestly this is the best ever MOISTURE set i have ever used.
My last try was Moroccan Oil but wasn't as moisturising as it claimed. I just start the Joico and i saw IMMEDIATELY results. My hair is always shiny and super soft as well as the frizz is reduced significantly . Honestly i can't believe i finally found something that work that good.
I don't have problem using this on my FINE hair at all. To add i also use the balm that is for thick hair. But only apply on mid / ends.
Absolutely love it and will stick with it.
If you concerns are dryness - please try this. I believe there is nothing better.

PS just to add i also used Pureology Hydrate line which was the worst. As long as i used as dryer my hair was going. Not sure why as i use to love this brand but they change the formula ??

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by pattyk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product. For the most part, my hair isn't too fussy when it comes to shampoos, so I'm easy to please and this does what I need it to do without drying it out. I have medium texture, wavy with some grey hair, and lots of it. I actually was meaning to buy the conditioner but bought the shampoo by mistake, they have exactly the same bottle color! I wish there would be something different about the packaging so that when I'm in the shower and don't have my glasses on, I can tell what's what! Anyways, I will probably go back to my Mastey Traite when this is done, because I have a slight preference for it, but I don't hesitate recommending this shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Excellent moisturizing shampoo. I find it works best when used with the accompanying Moisture Recovery conditioner, but it's not necessary to match them up. Cleanses well, rinses cleanly and leaves a fresh scent. It's a bit more expensive than drugstore shampoos, but it's actually worth it. My dry, thirsty hair loves this stuff. Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so. Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is not to thick and not to thin, has a light blue color and a fresh uni-sex scent. It does a good job in keeping my hair moisturized and works great together with the conditioner, I could really notice that my hair became less dry while using this and I abused my hair allot lately with my curling wand! I like to rotate and expermiment with haircare products but I could see myself buying this again in the future and I can really recommend this line of products by Joico.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Hugabubble9090

I have very fine hair that has a weird, uneven kink to it. I always have to blow dry and straighten otherwise the kink takes over and it's a frizzy mess. I love joico products and swear by them. As I have chemically treated hair, I use this alternatively with the joico kpak reconstructor. Love it. My hair is never perfect but this gives me the closest I'll ever get! I use the moisture spray too which makes a huge difference. Only issue is here in Australia it's pricey, which over time is a major expense, but I feel it's worth it! (Not sure about my boyfriend though!!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

I'm really starting to like this! I bought the liter size with the matching conditioner during the liter sale due to all the recommendations on the hair board.
Here's the deal, I just got back from a trip to Germany and the hard water dried my hair out really bad so I needed something incredibly moisturizing. I tried so many things and nothing worked! The first two times I used it I didn't like the way my hair felt when it was dry ( this was in DC where I suspect the water is a bit harder than it is in SC where I live). The only S+C combo that works for me in a lot of places is AG smoooth and sleeek. I decided to give this another chance when I finally came back to SC from vacation, and it made a world of difference! My hair looked smoother and really did feel more hydrated when it was dry- all this while using the same leave in conditioner that's my HG and that i've been using for about a year (AG Fast Food).
The scent of this Shampoo and the matching Conditioner is really refreshing, kind of ocean-y. It lingers in your hair a little bit but nothing too overpowering. Even my boyfriend commented on the great scent and couldn't stop sniffing my hair after I got out of the shower.
One of the things I noticed with this is that it took me a few tries until it "worked" for my hair and actually made a difference. I was determined to make this work after hearing everyone rave about it, and luckily it works great now!
Price wise, you can get a fantastic deal during the liter sale. I probably don't need to repurchase this for at least a year as you get a ton of product. Another plus is that the pump is already built into the liter size =)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Jdfashion562

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this shampoo because I wanted to try something new and becuase it was on sale at ulta . It left my hair soft I didn't feel that it moisturize it . I feel that the shampoo did its job but nothing that wow me at all , at the same time I do feel that is a ok shampoo but not for the retail price

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by jenblondet

OMG! This shampoo/conditioner is the best I've tried so far. I was using Mane & Tail which was also very good. But I just dyed my hair so I wanted to get something that was used at salons. My hairdresser recommended me this and I just love how my hair feels. Really restores your dry hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by NeonBiitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These liters were on sale this week at Ulta and the boards were all CRAZY about it, so I gave in... this shampoo is not much different thant any other I've tried. I don't feel like my bleached hair is any better condition or more moisturized than before. It contains sodium laureth sulfate like most others so I'm not sure what all the hoopla was about. MEH.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the name of this shampoo is misleading because it's not very moisturizing. After shampooing, my hair definitely needs conditioner, and 24 hours later, my hair feels a bit dry, which might be a good thing because my ends typically get greasy, so on this shampoo I could likely go two days without washing my hair and spruce it up with a little dry shampoo. This has what I think could be a unisex scent, almost bordering on men's cologne, so I could see this shampoo working for both sexes. I'm currently using samples but I don't think I'd buy this when I run out. For moisturizing shampoos, I prefer Costco/Kirkland's Pureology knockoff.