Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua (Water,Eau),Glycerin,Propylene Glycol,PEG-8 Stearate,PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide,Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Carbomer,Sodium Chloride,Parfum (Fragrance),Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Triethanolamine,Diazolidinyl Urea,Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 19140 (Yellow 5),CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 15985 (Yellow 6)(4/26/2015)

I have had pretty frustrating hormonal acne around my lips and chin. I would get painful blemishes and they would spread very easily. I tried several face washes, honestly was obsessed with finding anything that would help. I was told there wasn't much I could do except go on the pill to regulate my hormones. I bought this cleanser on a whim when also buying the blemish drying lotion and I have to say it has done wonders for my skin! Not only does this cleanser make your skin feel soft and fresh but I'm also ance free! Something that hasn't happened in years. I still can't belive it! I love this cleanser and am so thankful I found something that helps my skin!!

on 4/20/2015 7:16:00 PM

My skin type is aging/sensitive/acne prone, meaning it can be very challenging to take care of. That said, I still have a soft spot for cleansers and this one is pretty great. It's a thick gel, which means it stay put on my skin and does not drip all over he place. It does not foam, which I made peace with when I saw exactly how fast it breaks down mascara, (not waterproof) eyeshadow, primer, liner, blush, foundation, sweat, debris.

It's gentle yet effective and although I realize that actives are kind of a waste since they get washed off, I DID see a brighter complexion after the 3rd use. I purchased a 2 ounce at a discount to test it and this is day 3. No breakouts, no reactions, my drying out of the skin, I rinses clean. I cannot say it cleans out my pores - I have to manually clean out the pores round my nose every night with either a scrub, a washcloth or my Clarisonic. But I am convinced it is effective.

It has a fresh smell of aloe or something, the texture is smooth, a pea size does the job and I did wash twice because I could not believe I got everything off the first time but I did. It's pricey imo, but it is a quality product and as I said it is effective. A little goes a long way so I may be able to justify this price point. My plan is to finish the 2 ounce, take a good long long at my skin and if I keep seeing the brightness and clarity that I have already detected, it may become part of my regular regimen.

on 4/11/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this cleanser on and off for about a year now and I keep coming back to it. It just works really well for my combo oily skin. I like that it doesn't foam because foaming cleansers almost always dry me out and make my skin feel stripped. I didn't realize the cerave foaming cleanser I was using was doing that until I went back to the enzyme gel. I always cleanse twice when I use this because I feel one cleanse doesn't always sufficiently remove makeup but you should always cleanse twice anyway. My skin looks nice and glowy after I use this and the price is extremely reasonable compared to some high end brands. I'm on my 3rd bottle and I will definitely continue to repurchase.

on 3/27/2015 9:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is a gentle cleanser and I use it about three times a week. I have combination skin and this works great. Skin never feels dry after using. It feels soft, fresh and cleansed. Sometimes i leave it on a little before washing it off as its an enzyme cleanse. Using the same line of toner in conjunction with this leaves my skin feeling very fresh. My sister also fell in love with it after using it at my house, she has oily acne prone skin. We have both repurchased and its a very reasonable price for this brand and the amount you get. I highly recommend.

on 2/23/2015 5:55:00 AM

A gentle cleanser that doesnt do anything for my skin, doesnt clean it or irritate it. Contains glitter (!?) that stays on the skin after rinsing the skin and using toner. Will not repurchase.

on 1/27/2015 9:29:00 PM

I love the packaging and it's a great cleanser for your skin. It doesn't dry it or overmoisturize. However, it's not great at taking off makeup and for that price tag I would rather get a cleanser that multitasks. Sad because I usually love all Mario products!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this cleanser so far. Been using for a few weeks so I will update. I am combo/oily/sensitive/acne prone. Ever since Dr. Denese dermaclean was discontinued, I have been on the hunt for some good cleaners. I have found a few so far. This one to me is more of an exfoliating treatment than a cleanser. I was really surprised by it's exfoliating ability actually. I use this every other morning and leave on for a few min and massage in. I use a sep cleanser for my eye area in the AM as I am not sure you shud use this around eyes. If you leave it on for a few it will exfoliate. I have a noticable difference in the smoothness of my skin after a few weeks and I had noticed the softness right away. At night, I can use this after first using another cleanser to take off my makeup. To take off my makeup I am loving nuskin triphasic white cleanser and I sometimes I double cleanse at night and use PC n/o hydralight cleanser after. I have already bought this in a larger size. Oh and try the MB Enzyme C for the body too!!! I would not use this to take off makeup. It is a treatment after you cleanse in my mind. Simple ingredients too!

on 1/2/2015 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product based on a survey I filled out on Mario Badescu's website. I used it for 2 months in conjuction with the same brand's Acne facial wash. It's a nice, gentle cleanser and has a pleasant fragrance. Overall, I don't believe it cleared my acne, although I don't think it claims to either. But since the company recommended I use both, then I tried it. If I didn't have acne problems, I would probably use it. But, since I do have acne problems, I need something that will help control my acne.

on 12/17/2014 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a great option for anyone that can't use products with aloe or herbal oils. I love the packaging. It's easy to just get the amount of product that I need, so I don't feel like I'm wasting it. It leaves my skin feeling really clean. It exfoliates, but it is really gentle. I've used it on scars and spots that I thought were too sensative for my exfoliating body wash without any irritation, which is very useful.

on 12/4/2014 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am 28, have sensitive/dry/acne prone skin and had been trying all kinds of products that would not irritate or dry out my skin. I have tried so many expensive and drug store products in the past 6 years. I was using Cetaphil, as it was one of the only face washes that did not cause me to break out. I ordered the Mario Badescu cucmber lotion, glycoloic foaming cleanser along with the cleanisng gel and it has made a world of difference. I am no longer breaking out every week. My skin is smoother and a little goes a long way. It may seem like it does not wash off all of your makeup but after cleansing I use the cucumber lotion (toner) and I hardly get any extra makeup/dirt. If you wear heavy makeup you may need to apply twice. I use the cleanser twice a day. I have been using for about 2 months and have not even used half of the bottle. So glad I found this brand. It is the only time my face has been clear in years. WIill def stick to their products from here on out