Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

3.9

Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Papaya (Carica Papaya Fruit) Extract, Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis Fruit) Extract, Lauramide DEA, Monomide, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben. (2/19/2014)

on 2/23/2015 5:55:00 AM

A gentle cleanser that doesnt do anything for my skin, doesnt clean it or irritate it. Contains glitter (!?) that stays on the skin after rinsing the skin and using toner. Will not repurchase.

on 1/27/2015 9:29:00 PM

I love the packaging and it's a great cleanser for your skin. It doesn't dry it or overmoisturize. However, it's not great at taking off makeup and for that price tag I would rather get a cleanser that multitasks. Sad because I usually love all Mario products!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this cleanser so far. Been using for a few weeks so I will update. I am combo/oily/sensitive/acne prone. Ever since Dr. Denese dermaclean was discontinued, I have been on the hunt for some good cleaners. I have found a few so far. This one to me is more of an exfoliating treatment than a cleanser. I was really surprised by it's exfoliating ability actually. I use this every other morning and leave on for a few min and massage in. I use a sep cleanser for my eye area in the AM as I am not sure you shud use this around eyes. If you leave it on for a few it will exfoliate. I have a noticable difference in the smoothness of my skin after a few weeks and I had noticed the softness right away. At night, I can use this after first using another cleanser to take off my makeup. To take off my makeup I am loving nuskin triphasic white cleanser and I sometimes I double cleanse at night and use PC n/o hydralight cleanser after. I have already bought this in a larger size. Oh and try the MB Enzyme C for the body too!!! I would not use this to take off makeup. It is a treatment after you cleanse in my mind. Simple ingredients too!

on 1/2/2015 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product based on a survey I filled out on Mario Badescu's website. I used it for 2 months in conjuction with the same brand's Acne facial wash. It's a nice, gentle cleanser and has a pleasant fragrance. Overall, I don't believe it cleared my acne, although I don't think it claims to either. But since the company recommended I use both, then I tried it. If I didn't have acne problems, I would probably use it. But, since I do have acne problems, I need something that will help control my acne.

on 12/17/2014 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a great option for anyone that can't use products with aloe or herbal oils. I love the packaging. It's easy to just get the amount of product that I need, so I don't feel like I'm wasting it. It leaves my skin feeling really clean. It exfoliates, but it is really gentle. I've used it on scars and spots that I thought were too sensative for my exfoliating body wash without any irritation, which is very useful.

on 12/4/2014 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am 28, have sensitive/dry/acne prone skin and had been trying all kinds of products that would not irritate or dry out my skin. I have tried so many expensive and drug store products in the past 6 years. I was using Cetaphil, as it was one of the only face washes that did not cause me to break out. I ordered the Mario Badescu cucmber lotion, glycoloic foaming cleanser along with the cleanisng gel and it has made a world of difference. I am no longer breaking out every week. My skin is smoother and a little goes a long way. It may seem like it does not wash off all of your makeup but after cleansing I use the cucumber lotion (toner) and I hardly get any extra makeup/dirt. If you wear heavy makeup you may need to apply twice. I use the cleanser twice a day. I have been using for about 2 months and have not even used half of the bottle. So glad I found this brand. It is the only time my face has been clear in years. WIill def stick to their products from here on out

on 12/4/2014 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Bought a little sample since my sheisdo cleansing gel is discontinued. So far. So good.

on 12/3/2014 12:50:00 PM

I don't know why I have waited this long to try Mario Badescu products! My skin has been freaking out for the past year and a half, and I've tried many different products and cleansing techniques to fix it with lackluster results. I have been getting hormonal breakouts along my jaw and on my cheeks. Tiny clusters of whitehead bumps under the surface, as well as long-term raised red acne bumps and the occasional pimple, and of course the dark spot scarring that goes with these. To make matter worse, I have sensitive, combination skin. What seems to work for one part of my face seems to make another part worse, and many things cause irritation. Miserable.

Then, last weekend while holiday shopping at Urban Outfitters, I saw that some of MB's products were being sold. I initially went for the drying lotion, which I have yet to try, but am excited about, but then at the last minute I grabbed this cleanser as well. That night, I washed my makeup off in the sink using this stuff. It burned my eyes a bit and I wasn't exactly loving the feel of the gel on my face. It didn't feel like it was washing anything off. I did two lather and rinses, and most of my makeup came off, with the exception of some mascara remnants, but that is normal for me. The next day, I was so pleasantly surprised to see that the cluster of bumpy raised red acne on my cheek had flattened out and dried up considerably! I used the cleanser again that morning, and followed up with a rich moisturizer.

It's only been 4 days now, but I've been using this cleanser every morning, and about half of the evenings (I've gone back to removing my makeup with jojoba and olive oil, but then follow with a lather and rinse with the Enzyme cleanser). The results are getting even better! My cheek and jaw acne has flattened and dried out, and though I've had a couple pimples break through overnight, they've been teeny tiny, and disappeared after my morning wash with the cleanser. I'm hoping I continue to get these results with the cleanser. If I do, it will be my holy grail.

on 11/5/2014 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for about 3 months now and I am really disappointed. Its not until I have moved on to a different one that I realized how poor this stuff actually is.

Ok it isn't terrible. It didn't break me out and it is nice an gentle with OK ingredients - infact I do like how there is only a few simple ingredients in this.

For me, this cleanser will never be a HG because it lack in one main thing.. CLEANSING. This will not remove your makeup, I don't care what they say, this cleanser has a sticky gel texture that doesn't foam or even feel like its doing anything for that matter, you just end up rubbing and smudging it into your face.

If you have really good skin and you don't wear make up then this cleanser may be for you as it is gentle, simple and has a kind ingredients list.

Anyone else, I wouldn't waste your money. There are far better cleansers out there that are a way more productive.

on 10/16/2014 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I so wanted to like this - love the simple packaging, the price... but what's inside the bottle is what really matters here and it just didn't do it for me. I take my make up of each evening with a cleansing wipe so all I'm asking this product to do is come in after and get what's left and leave me feeling clean & refreshed. It doesn't even do that. After washing with this and rinsing using a washcloth and then using MB toner I still have makeup left and I don't even wear that much makeup - little foundation, powder & blush. I do use an oil to remove eye makeup and my long wear lipstick so I didn't expect MB cleanser to do that. The amount of glycerin in this product leaves me feeling kinda greasy and I don't get a fresh clean look when I'm done. I've used it for a month now and just can't get happy about it so I'm on to something else.

Video Reviews & Tutorials