April 21, 2014 | 1539 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Blackhead Eliminating daily Cleansing Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by hershieowef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i have tried everything i can (within my budget) to get rid of blackheads - nose pore strips, peel off masks, heating gels, extractor tools, etc.. even elmers's glue! usually the bad boys disappear for a few days, then they come back! i kinda lost hope at one point..

then i ran out of my HG cleanser and when i went to the mall to repurchase it, it was out of stock at the time. it's a blessing in disguise because i picked this up instead, initially just to use it until my baby's in stock again. but now i'm almost done with this and i gotta say i'm definitely repurchasing this!! this is now my new HG cleanser!

why?
- it got rid of my blackheads for good. by "for good" i mean while im using this product. i dont know if after i finish up my current tube the blackheads will reappear. but i love looking at my face in the mirror up close and finding not a single blackhead in sight.
- it also prevented my skin from producing excessive amount of sebum!! i can say the oiliness drastically decreased! i might have to change my skin status from oily to normal now!
- i have acne prone skin, but this bad boy helped keep the pimples at bay with its considerable amount of salicylic acid.
- i dont have to waste my money on nose strips and all those things i have used before that really didnt woork as well as this does!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by jazzano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This scrub is my new HG! I'm the person that products never work for; no matter what kind or what price my skin seems to be resistant to everything. I've always had a million blackheads on my nose and they've started spreading to other areas of my face. Unfortunately, the head is below the surface of the surrounding skin so pore strips can't grab them (I've tried so many times).

I bought this product on a whim because it was on sale and I like Neutrogena. Used it the next morning and saw an immediate reduction in my blackheads! They were still there, but visibly improved. The scrub is a lot finer than other ones I've tried so i didn't know what to expect, but it also smoothed my skin nicely. I used it again that night and again saw a blackhead reduction AND smoother skin overall AND visible improvement in my skin tone. I've been telling everyone about it because I've ha so much success with it.

Reading other reviews it seems a lot of people haven't found success with this scrub, but I suggest you try it because if you have anywhere near the amount of luck I've had with it you'll be very very happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by smolderingviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this everyday now for about a month. I love it (mostly). I had been swearing by the simple daily cleanser which worked great for me during the summer and fall months, but I live in a cold climate. As soon as it got colder here (around 20 degrees) my skin got irritated and flaky and I was getting clogged pores/blackheads like nobody's business. I switched to this and within two weeks I no longer had any blackheads. I love that it gently exfoliates my skin and has also kept an acne that might pop up from coming through. The down side is its very drying. I have normal skin that gets dry in the winter months so I have to exfoliate constantly, but I found this to be very over drying, which is why I only gave it four out of five. I did have to switch my moisturizer to something heavier but once I made that switch I have had no problems with dryness, flaking, or blackheads. Its pretty competitively priced with other similar products. I'm not a fan of the packaging though. Its a thicker, grainier scrub and the tube it comes in seems pretty flimsy. I already have small cracks from where I've had to squeeze harder than normal to get it out, but those didn't appear until about half way through the product. I will definitely be repurchasing this product, but only during the winter/early spring months. I feel like this would destroy my face during the summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Dvora217

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't work. At all. This product claims to penetrate into pores to remove blackheads, exfoliate, and then delivers conditioners to prevent over-drying. I've had this product for a while and every so often ill go back to the bottle try it for a few weeks hoping ill find results. It does not do a single thing it promises, the blackhead are still there, my skin begins to over-dry (and i have oily skin) and any red spots on my face become worse. So the bottle remains mostly full, simply being a waste of money. Overall this product makes my face worse then before and i would not recommend buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by hgpt2

This scrub has really made my skin blackhead free. I do get blackheads occasionally still, but they have reduced a lot after using this. I don't use this everyday, just 2 time per week since I have acne and I don't want to irritate my skin. The granules are pretty large, so I wouldn't recommend using it everyday. If you have blackheads, you should definitely try this out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by jenmonica7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mainly, I use this cleanser for exfoliating and am relatively happy with it for that purpose. As far as blackheads go, no, I've never seen it help with that on me. My main peeve with this product is that it leaves an oily residue on my skin after I use it (this might be to help "moisturize" the skin, but for me it just feels oily) that can cause a breakout if my skin is in a finicky mood. I usually will give my face a couple of quick swipes with whatever bodywash I have (I use this in the shower) to clean off the residue and then all is well. I DO like this stuff but I can't give it a rave review.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Talinra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product. I get bad blackheads and this product really helps. It's gentle, feels great, and works extremely well in my opinion. I would definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Saagelo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice gentle scrub that doesn't irritate or overdry my sensitive skin. I have blackheads and small pimples, but I haven't noticed this to eliminate them. But I don't use it everyday, maybe 2-3 times a week. Makes skin smooth and fresh.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Despite the name, it did not get rid of my blackheads. So much for eliminating. Other than that it did not clean my face completley since I would still continue to break out. There are better drugstore cleansers such as Clean & Clear and Oxy. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't have much to say about this product at all really. It did nothing for my blackheads and didn't really keep my breakouts at bay. It smelled nice and the consistency was nice but thats about it. Didn't love it, didn't hate it, but would not repurchase.