October 22, 2014 | 904 users online

Loose Powders - Black Opal - Deluxe Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by karamelkaay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

after searching and searching for a powdet that wont oxidize or make me look gray or pale I came on to makeup alley and the reviews on this product convinced me to buy it. I spent the equivalent of $10 U.S. and I will never go looking for a powder ever again. I applied this over my colorstay in caramel and all I needed during the day were some dabs with my must have clean and clear oil absorbing sheets and I remained looking GREAT for the entire day! this product ia simply wow. btw i used it in medium and it is a perfect match for revlon colorstay foundation in caramel.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by ladyluo

I don't think I have ever loved a powder this much EVER! I got it at walmart and have been looking for a great finishing powder for so long and always disappointed usually because it is never the right shade for my dark skin and makes it look like I have on a mask. Not this powder. I got it in the deep and actually thought that it was a little light for me and was ready to return it the next day after trying a little because I did not think it would work. But it worked beautifully to give a flawless finish. Wish it was cheaper but will definitely repurchase. May stock up actually come to think of it...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the powder. It a translucent loose powder. It comes in those small tub containers. When you open it there is a piece of white tape covering the holes that dispose powder. The tape is to insure that the product will not be messy upon purchase. I put alittle powder into the black cap from the tub and swirled the powder into my elf powder brush. This powder set my foundation beautifully. WOW. A miracle product. The powder feels silky and light on the skin.I did not look ashy at all. It gives a nice glo. It get 4 stars because I need to test it when its hot. Right now it's very cold here in texas.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by minkidiva

I love this loose powder!! I used to use it every day over my black opal stick foundation in nutmeg. But for the past 4 months I've just been using this alone without foundation. I bought this color in DEEP but it was totally wrong for me. I like it so much I went back and purchased it in DARK which was my color, gave the other one to my coworker. I think my complexion is getting lighter so next time I purchase this I will get MEDIUM instead. I mix this with the oil blocking loose powder and I have to touch up with 3-4 hours after applying this but that's because I sweat a lot and endure the jamaican heat all year.
when I'm at my boyfriends house I get out of bed early and dust a light layer over my face before he gets up and he tells me I don't need make up because I wake up looking so beautiful. Little does he know I'm already wearing this powder.

Pros:
Can be worn alone or over foundation.
Gives a flawless finish.
No gray cast or ashy look
You get a lot of product for the price.
It can last all day.
Blurs imperfections.
Evens out your foundation.

Cons:
Can't think of any

Try this you will love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by LTETobago

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I USE THE MEDIUM EVERYDAY UNDER MY EYES TO SET MY CONCEALER AND ADD A BIT OF LIGHT, IM A NW45..I USED THE DEEP ONCE TO SET MY FOUNDATION BUT DONT REACH FOR IT OFTEN ALTHOUGH ITS A GOOD PRODUCT

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by ORB1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I BOUGHT THE MEDIUM AND DEEP TO ADD TO MY KIT (I'M A MUA). I LOVE THESE POWDERS FOR WOC. MANY CLIENTS LOVE TO SEE MAC AND HIGHER ENDS IN YOUR KIT, WHICH I MOSTLY HAVE, BUT FOR WOC COLOR THERE ARE MANY DRUGSTORE FOUNDATIONS AND POWDERS THAT I PREFER OVER THE HIGHER ENDS. I HAVE USED THE DEEP ON MYSELF AND ITS PERFECT FOR MY CHOCO SKIN. I USED THE MEDIUM ON MY CLIENT AND FRIEND AND IT WAS PERFECT FOR HER. WHEN CONTOURING MY FACE I USED THE MEDIUM TO SET THE AREAS THAT I HIGHLIGHTED WITH CONCEALER (BRIDGE OF MY NOSE AND UNDER EYE) IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM. I PLAN ON ALSO PURCHSING DARK AS SOON I CAN FIND IT IN A CVS. DARK SEEMS TO BE SOLD OLD OUT AT MY AREA STORES. I AGREE WITH THE PERSON THAT SAID A LITTLE GO ALONG WAY. IF YOU ARE USING THIS ON YOURSLEF, THE JAR WITH LAST YOU A LONG TIME EVEN IF YOU USE IT EVERYDAY. IT IS TRANSLUCENT AND GOES WELL OVER TOP OF ANY FOUNDATION FROM TINTED MOISTURIZER TO LIQUIDS TO POWDERS.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by dzehnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder didn't work for me in any way. Within 30mins my face was an oil slick. Would try it again when in a cooler environment. But for now, wouldn't repurchase. The packaging isn't bad though. I used a pin to make 4 holes in the film covering the sifter so just shake out some product into the cover, when I need to use. I hate that is is bulky though

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Kissiq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My shade is 04 - Dark but I wear 05 - Deep as well.

There definitely is a time and place for everything. This is a TRANSLUCENT setting/finishing powder that happens to have high pigmentation. Pigmentation is vital for darker skin tones in my opinion, the white powder can get really ghostly, really fast.

When used as it is supposed to be used, as a foundation setting powder, it works really well. It sets the foundation to a matte yet glowey finish... therefore you don't have that flat face foundation look.

DO NOT! use this like a powder foundation though. Remember a little goes a LONG way. If you start packing this on like a powder foundation, those shimmers seem to multiply and leave you looking ASHY!.. no not doey.. ASHY!

I have not used MAC MSF but I imagine it is trying to do the same thing. I use a light wash over my powder foundation (which is matte), to give a little life to my face. I also used a light wash (1-2 layers on a moisturized face) on bland days when I just want a little evening out of my complexion.

PROS:
-The Price is RIGHT!
- A little goes a long way, this will last you forever and an hour.
- Glowey finish which I am in love with
-Translucent, doesn't change your beautiful foundation colour (if used right)

CONS:
-Can become a hot mess if you use too much in one place (I do this deliberately to highlight though).

OTHER:
-DO NOT use a puff to apply, that is just TOO much! I would recommend a Duofibre brush (if you want more control) or a white/black-top kabuki that is not the most dense ever

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Divandria

I was always a pressed powder gal...i tried this in 05 deep, ''i wear hazlenut black opal or cappuccino in revlon colorstay for reference ''and i could not believe how amazing i looked. I hate shimmers, this product does have shimmers in it but it does not show on your face, u will get a matte but a glowy finish, i got so many compliments with this powder give it a shot u wont regreat it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I first got into makeup. Since then I had moved on to more expensive powders and put this to the side. I tried it one day with my MAC Deep Dark msf over it and I looked gorgeous! I really like this because it gave my skin a finished look but not a makeup-ey look. This is now a staple for me.