Mary Kay Acapella

on 3/10/2010 5:53:00 AM

I received a sample of this so I tried it. To me this smells of floral air freshener. Not too strong but sort of medicinal. I can't really recommend it.

Acapella is a very heady floral with excellent staying power. The notes are jasmine, rose, lilac and lily of the valley. The LOTV gives it greeness while the jasmine and rose are the primary dominant notes, but it is very well blended and lush with excellent sillage, and I can detect a hint of all the notes in subtle harmony with each other, making this scent very appropriately named.

It is very similar to Divine, though it doesn't have the tuberose and gardenia to make the dry down more complex. In fact, the list of notes in Divine is twice as lengthy despite the similarity to Acapella. And, the scent is quite linear from first application, without the gorgeously unfurling notes of Divine and it is a bit sharper in the dry down. But for less than half the price, it is a close alternative, though I still had to own both!

But it is beautiful and sophisticated, and I just feel as if I should travel back in time to attend a lavish southern ladies' afternoon tea when I wear it. It is my favorite Mary Kay fragrance as well as being one I've worn since I was fifteen, and I am really disconcerted to hear that they are planning on discontinuing it in the near future. I'll be stocking up for sure.

Popular Fragrances