Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.2

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

love this stuff - so moisturising and pretty on the lips

Pros:
+ Keeps your lips moisturized, soft, hydrated instantly & for hours (no need to reapply)
+ Does not have bad taste or smell like other lip balms.
+ Cheap & this lip balm can be used for a year.

Cons:
+ The packaging is really hard to OPEN (never bring it out, use only at home)
+ Glossy

This review is exactly the same with my review of the original Smith's Rosebud Salve. The only difference is that Minted Rose gives you the cooling effect when you first apply it.

I love this product. This was actually my first purchase ever at Sephora! Since then I've gotten it 3 other times. I wear it almost everyday, it is my go to lip product. It is super moisturizing and just makes your lips look super healthy. The smell is absolutely great, the rose and mint combo is a great one. For me it last for hours and the amount of product they give you will last a while. I brought it for $7 at sephora and it's worth every penny.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this every night before bed. I wake up with nicely moisturized lips. It definitely smells like minted rose, which took me a little bit to get used to. It adds a really pretty shine, so it would be perfect to complete a natural day look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What a lovely little salve. There's nothing on the market that really compares to this!! Really nice tasting balm, perfect combo of mint and rose! It doesn't give off a tint on the lips, which makes me happy as I like mostly clear lip balms. The tin is Totes Adorbs!! Don't like the fact you have to dip your fingers in it though, especially with acrylic nails. It can just become messy and seems unhygienic. Overall I think it's the bomb.com & if you're a rose lover it's definitely worth trying! Moisturizes lips great.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I personally love this product, I use it everyday it makes my lips feel amazing. I have had this for a year and a half and theres still a lot left. It is definitely a lip balm I would recommend :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw numerous of people raving about this product and decided to see the hype for myself. I chose Minted Rose because I love the smell! It has a refreshing blend of mint/ rose and when it's applied to the lips, it gives a soothing cool effect (similar to Burt's Bee's beeswax lip balm, but much more smooth). The packaging is adorable as it's a small lidded tin pot. decorated with little rose patterns on the rim. I admit 6 bucks is quite a hefty price for a lip balm, but this stuff will last you a while. I had this since May and it barely diminished from the original amount since then. Not only that, the product keeps your lips moisturized for a long time (as long as you don't wipe it off or eat/ drink something while wearing it.) I recall having my wisdom tooth extraction done and my lips were very chapped after leaving the dentist office. Regular chapstick wasn't working out for my lips at the time so I religiously used Smith's Rosebud Salve on my lips before bed. Every morning, I woke up to find my lips became luscious and silky smooth to touch. From then on, I used this product before I begin my makeup routine. I like to use The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain in Rose Pink to create a gradient effect, starting from the center of my lips and then top my lips off with the Minted Rose lip balm for a glossy and natural finish. I probably wouldn't take this in my bag because it's not clean to constantly dip my fingers to apply while outside and I have yet to try this product in the tube form. However I will definitely repurchase this to keep by my bed side and at work desk!

Pros:
- you get a lot of product that will last you a while.
- cute packaging (rose admirers unite)
- delightful rose scent with a tingly mint feeling left on the lips
- hydrates chapped lips
- buttery texture that glides smoothly on lips
- leaves lips with a glossy finish and slight rosy tint (good for natural beauty)
- cruelty-free product

Cons:
- unhygienic to dip your finger into the pot so use clean hands
- a little pricey
- can be difficult to open because it's a metal container (if your nails are too short)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased the "lavish layers" set a few months ago, and like this one the best. The mint / rose combination is refreshing without being too strong in either scent or flavor. I keep this one on my nightstand and use it just on my lips.

So lovely! Bought this from Sephora for $6 about 2 years ago and there's still lots of product left! And I use it almost daily. It's amazing and makes my lips feel super moisturized and amazing.

I was a little unsure about buying this product as im not a fan of "pot" type lip balms however, I thought I'd give it a go. The tin packaging is nice and compact.
I was expecting a minty rose scent but far from it, it has a very chemical, almost petrol smell to it, not letting that put me off, I tried it on bare lips, the taste was awful & was immediately & constantly in my mouth.
On a positive, the fresh tingling feeling it gave my lips was nice & it lasted a few hours on my lips before I (hesitantly) had to reapply.
This lip balm didn't seem to offer any moisture & my lips feel dry after it's worn away.
I won't buy this product again & wouldn't recommend it.

Popular Lip Treatments