Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.1

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this every night before bed. I wake up with nicely moisturized lips. It definitely smells like minted rose, which took me a little bit to get used to. It adds a really pretty shine, so it would be perfect to complete a natural day look.

on 8/19/2015 9:27:00 PM

What a lovely little salve. There's nothing on the market that really compares to this!! Really nice tasting balm, perfect combo of mint and rose! It doesn't give off a tint on the lips, which makes me happy as I like mostly clear lip balms. The tin is Totes Adorbs!! Don't like the fact you have to dip your fingers in it though, especially with acrylic nails. It can just become messy and seems unhygienic. Overall I think it's the bomb.com & if you're a rose lover it's definitely worth trying! Moisturizes lips great.

on 8/17/2015 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I personally love this product, I use it everyday it makes my lips feel amazing. I have had this for a year and a half and theres still a lot left. It is definitely a lip balm I would recommend :)

on 8/12/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw numerous of people raving about this product and decided to see the hype for myself. I chose Minted Rose because I love the smell! It has a refreshing blend of mint/ rose and when it's applied to the lips, it gives a soothing cool effect (similar to Burt's Bee's beeswax lip balm, but much more smooth). The packaging is adorable as it's a small lidded tin pot. decorated with little rose patterns on the rim. I admit 6 bucks is quite a hefty price for a lip balm, but this stuff will last you a while. I had this since May and it barely diminished from the original amount since then. Not only that, the product keeps your lips moisturized for a long time (as long as you don't wipe it off or eat/ drink something while wearing it.) I recall having my wisdom tooth extraction done and my lips were very chapped after leaving the dentist office. Regular chapstick wasn't working out for my lips at the time so I religiously used Smith's Rosebud Salve on my lips before bed. Every morning, I woke up to find my lips became luscious and silky smooth to touch. From then on, I used this product before I begin my makeup routine. I like to use The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain in Rose Pink to create a gradient effect, starting from the center of my lips and then top my lips off with the Minted Rose lip balm for a glossy and natural finish. I probably wouldn't take this in my bag because it's not clean to constantly dip my fingers to apply while outside and I have yet to try this product in the tube form. However I will definitely repurchase this to keep by my bed side and at work desk!

Pros:
- you get a lot of product that will last you a while.
- cute packaging (rose admirers unite)
- delightful rose scent with a tingly mint feeling left on the lips
- hydrates chapped lips
- buttery texture that glides smoothly on lips
- leaves lips with a glossy finish and slight rosy tint (good for natural beauty)
- cruelty-free product

Cons:
- unhygienic to dip your finger into the pot so use clean hands
- a little pricey
- can be difficult to open because it's a metal container (if your nails are too short)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased the "lavish layers" set a few months ago, and like this one the best. The mint / rose combination is refreshing without being too strong in either scent or flavor. I keep this one on my nightstand and use it just on my lips.

on 11/10/2014 12:23:00 AM

So lovely! Bought this from Sephora for $6 about 2 years ago and there's still lots of product left! And I use it almost daily. It's amazing and makes my lips feel super moisturized and amazing.

on 9/29/2014 11:15:00 PM

I was a little unsure about buying this product as im not a fan of "pot" type lip balms however, I thought I'd give it a go. The tin packaging is nice and compact.
I was expecting a minty rose scent but far from it, it has a very chemical, almost petrol smell to it, not letting that put me off, I tried it on bare lips, the taste was awful & was immediately & constantly in my mouth.
On a positive, the fresh tingling feeling it gave my lips was nice & it lasted a few hours on my lips before I (hesitantly) had to reapply.
This lip balm didn't seem to offer any moisture & my lips feel dry after it's worn away.
I won't buy this product again & wouldn't recommend it.

on 9/29/2014 10:25:00 AM

I love the texture and how light this product on my lips! The zing effect is really soothing and relaxing feel to it! I highly recommend this if you want a luxe lip balm with a rose scent and minty feel! Love this product to bits!'👍😘❤️

on 8/29/2014 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Out of the Smith's Rosebud Salves this one would be my favorite.
I like the subtle tint it gives my lips and I love to use it over my lipliner. I use lipliner to outline then fill in my lips and apply this over. It looks great and I always get compliments on it.
Even though I do like this I hate the packaging, it ALWAYS gets stuck and times I have had to throw it out, and it really does not do anything more than vaseline for my lips.
I can buy a huge jar of scented vaseline that does a better job than this and for cheaper as well.
I do prefer carmex over this and then vaseline second.
Wish the other brands had a scent similar to this but they do not. Once I am done with this little tin I will not repurchasing again

on 8/17/2014 7:32:00 PM

First of all this smells amazing!!! It may not be very good during the day but at night this is very good. I honestly think this is one of my favorite lipbalms.( beside lush whipstick) this is somewhat like vasoline but you can feel it working other than just sitting on your lips. But I would buy this just for the smell if it wasn't a good one.

Top Rated Lip Treatments