November 23, 2014 | 1575 users online

Eye Shadow - Becca - Creme Eye Colour

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by tualmarebelde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im so glad I got this on sale and was able to swap it away to someone more excited about the Becca line. This was absolute crap. I bought it in Patina and it looks gorgeous in pot but has horrible color payoff. It creased 1 hour later and disappeared! A ghost eyeshadow! I have to admit, like all other cosmetic lines, they have some hits and misses, so with that said, save your money ladies because Becca's creme shadows are a complete waste of moola, sale or no sale. :-D hope this helps some undecided buyers out there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2005 1:14:00 PM More reviews by shortgirl

i usually love becca products, but patina just doesn't work for me. i love the powder shadows and have never had a problem with them creasing, but patina really creased and gave me a bad case of racoon eyes. so disapponited,waited a while to get it. definitely won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2005 2:40:00 PM More reviews by horn2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Ametrine and I think this is an amazing colour with a really neat case. Which is why I gave it a two instead of a one. I think the product itself is awful. It's greasy--and I tried it with light application, heavier application, using a brush, no brush, over base, over powder, adding powder after...whatever. It lasts about 1 hour on me--then it vanishes--except for the crease lines it leaves. Which is a real shame--because the colour is wonderful. Now I have a new quest to find this colour in a different formula.
But I REALLY don't like this product.
UPDATED--I upped the rating to 3.
I found that if I put foundation/base on, then the eyeshadow, then powder over top it works very well. Still doesn't have great lasting power, but it is a nice subtle look and it doesn't crease like crazy. Not sure if I would repurchase...the colours are great but this is kind of more work than I want to deal with. Especially for something that is supposed to be easy to use. For those that don't need a base for their powder eyeshadows in order to get them to stay nicely, this might be a great choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2005 12:13:00 PM More reviews by ItalianBaybeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Patina, the green gold color. Its a gorgeous smudgy color...definately for a party look, not for day time. Since its a little dark for my taste, I put light pink shadow underneath, up to my browbone. Then, I put Patina only up to my crease, and blend it upward. I then finish with a sheer coat of the light pink shadow over my entire lid. It softens the look, and makes it look seamless. For a more hardcore look, I would wear this alone. Its a great product, but a bit expensive ($24). I would buy it again, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2004 7:44:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This stuff works great as a base. I personally woudln't use it as a eyeshadow because it's somewhat greasy and doesn't look like it has much staying power. However, as a base, it works fantastic! I've used it for the past three days and each day after work there has been minimal if any creasing in my eyelids. It holds and makes eyeshadow last throughout the day. It's a bit pricey though, and the container is a bit hard to open, but overall it's a great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2004 11:05:00 PM More reviews by puglove

I don't like this at all! Well i don't like cream shadows anyway.This creases so much,even when i put an e/s base prior application.I have quartz and it is a beautiful color,saaad it creases so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2004 11:00:00 PM More reviews by elizabeg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This was one product I was sure I would hate. In fact, I had my makeup done three times by those Becca MAs and had been using the foundations, powders, and cream blushes for a few months before I bought one of these, and only because it was in a kit. That said, I now have them in EVERY single color except bronze gold. I just bought the newer patina and ametrine this weekend even. These are an unusual product and what I have found is 1) only apply lightly, otherwise it will crease and smudge and 2) these must be set with powder and look exceptional if one does that with the shimmer powders and 3) you can build coverage if you use the powders. These also work well with your powder shadows and can be blended together and some colors like quartz double as highlighters. So I've gone from skeptic to addict myself and highly recommend these for their fun and versatility to those that get kind of bored with traditional shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2004 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Elise

I was shocked when I opened this compact for the first time: There was a heavy layer of oil spread over the top of the shadow, just like you would find on a pizza. I was sure I would send it back, but decided to wipe it off with a tissue and see what was underneath. After wiping not only the oil but the top layer of shadow I was very pleasantly surprised. The color (Patina, a golden-green) is gorgeous, and I don't have problems with creasing. It looks terrific with my green eyes. Expensive, but worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2004 8:57:00 PM More reviews by pixiehottie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in graphite. Hum...I love the color. The compact rocks. The actual product however is AWFUL! It looks great for all of 5 seconds. I've tried several diffrent ways to get it NOT to crease. I've given up. Even if you fix the crease it comes back seconds later. I had such high hopes. If anyone has any suggestions by all means please let me know!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 10:10:00 PM More reviews by CWAHED

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these shadows. The creamy consistency goes on well and it has great staying power for me. The color looks natural and feels great gliding on. Great shadows!