October 23, 2014 | 1131 users online

Sunscreen - Ocean Potion - SPF 30 sunscreen

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is really fantastic! The lotion has a light citrusy smell and it absorbs well and feels soft instead of tacky. I live in Denver which is a mile above sea level and the sun is super strong here. Although I always try to reapply every few hours, I wasn't able to yesterday but still after 7+ hours in the sun I had no burn. I bought this at Walmart and its very inexpensive. I am going to take the advice of other Denver natives and have one stored in my car, purse, home and always have one ready to use because the sun here is crazy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by KayBella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore this sunscreen! I have been using it for six or seven years. At first, I had a hard time finding it in California, but now itís at WalMart, so I can get some whenever need be. I have medium toned skin, and it has always worked well for me, in the 30 SPF lotion (a few years ago) and now in the 50 SPF lotion.

However, my gorgeous son really shows his Norwegian heritage, he is a strawberry blond with blue eyes, and so white he glows in the dark. (Really.) When he was younger, I used the SPF 30 on him, re-applying every few hours, and we spent many happy afternoons swimming and playing in the sun, he never ONCE got burned. His skin is the true test of how good this product is! I recommend it to everyone.

Plus the scent is fabulous!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 5:26:00 AM More reviews by MovieVixen

This is pretty much my HG sunscreen! I love how this has a GREAT smell to it and the price is very reasonable! I pretty much grew up on Coopertone, and while I do love their products, OP works just as good and the texture is lighter! The first OP I bought was the Sports SPF 30 lotion and that worked just like a charm! I would wear it going to the beach in the hot Florida sun, reapply it maybe every 3 hours only because I love to go into the water! And yet while I may get slightly burned, its never harsh and I get a nice tan out of it :) Now I live in California and I recently bought the Water Sport Instant Dry SPF 30 Mist, all i can say is I wish I had this in FL lol. It so much easier to apply especially on my BACK where its hard to reach! It dries instantly and while I love the smell, it does go away after a short while which is fine. If you can find this product, I would definately recommend it. It won't hurt your wallet to try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by kak513

I tried this since I'm starting to wear suncreen daily on my arms and chest instead of just from the neck up, so I thought this would be a good place to start. This is THICK lotion that smells very herbal. It's full of zinc, so you can imagine how white this turns your skin--and it almost has a purple flash to it in the light. Strangely, it didn't take as long as I thought it would to soak in, given the gluey consistancy, but I was one greasy mess for a little while, and it wasn't the easiest to rub in. However, trading all this for the fact that it's organic and the fact that it worked to protect my skin really well, it's a good trade-off.
For those concerned, I'm noticing large amounts of Ocean Potion products at CVS. OP seems to really be expanding their line--lots of new sprays and higher SPFs. I'm not sure if these expire like most chemical sunscreens, but those buying sunscreen at Big Lots, be sure to check the date!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2007 10:16:00 AM More reviews by jonibjones

My husband and I love love love this sunscreen. We have taken it on all our trips and have turned most of our family members to the magic of Ocean Potion. As long as we put the sunscreen on at least 20 minutes before we hit the sun we are good to go.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2007 9:00:00 AM More reviews by jsamaniego

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Do NOT use this if you want to prevent sunburn!!! I have fair skin, but with diligent use of sunblock, I usually don't get burned. I purchased Ocean Potion Instant Dry Mist spf 30 Sport at Wal-Mart yesterday before going to a waterpark. The label says it's water and sweat proof. It sprays on clear and has kind of a citrusy kitchen cleaner smell. I reapplied four times in about five hours, and I still have a sunburn. The worst part is I used it on my kids, and they also got sunburned (more mildly because they have darker skin). I will not ever buy Ocean Potion spray on sunblock again!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2007 2:05:00 AM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had shaved my legs a few hours before I put this stuff on and it burned SO bad! I didn't get sunburned but the pain and weird chemical covered up by citrus smell of this stuff made me hate it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by wtfiholly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for a few years and I have always loved it. I use the lotion and my husband uses the dry spray, they're both 30 spf. I love the smell of the lotion and the non greasy feeling I have with it. My husbnad loves the way the spray goes on and the fact that it has almost no smell to him. I like the spray, but I am not real good with it. I am very fair skinned and tend to burn easily, but as long as I use this I have no worries being out in the sun. In the stores around me it is normally sold out, so I have my sister get it for me in the very large sizes. I always have it with me in a travel size bottle. I have used the dry spray on my scalp before (that area tends to burn bad on me), without problem, when done outside and getting ready for the evening, shower and wash the hair. Great stuff. Worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2007 9:16:00 AM More reviews by NikkiKnows21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just wanted to let people know that are having difficulty finding Ocean Potion products...go to their website! Not sure if I can post it so just google it. I just found out you can order online! I live in Connecticut but I bought this in Cape Cod on vacation. Our walmart doesn't have it either like some people posted. I am not thrilled about the scent (it's not bad, just prefer non-scented) but this does go away relatively quickly. It is the first sunscreen I've ever used that is not shiny and does not leave residue and make my arm hair look pasty, lol. I do not use this on my face, though. I tried Neutragena SPF 70 with "helioplex" and it doesn't compare. I need high SPF, but even after shaking it, it came out watery at first. OP really absorbs quickly and you don't feel disgusting after application. Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2007 8:18:00 PM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

Love this sunscreen! Smells great, blocks UVA and UVB rays, is water/sweat resistant and doesn't feel icky! My pet peeve is sunscreen that makes me feel like I have a layer of stuff on my skin. This one feels like a body lotion...much more so than Neutrogena's Ultra Soft sunblock which is advertised as feeling like a body lotion. Very reasonably priced too!