October 25, 2014 | 1711 users online

Lipstick - Smashbox - Photo Finish with Sila-Silk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by hhozay

I am loving this lipstick. I have it in Exquisite, which is definitely browner (slightly orangey) than it is pink (I was hoping for a Dolce Vita replacement but it's not as pink as Dolce Vita and more pigmented). I am fair-medium skinned (currently tanned) and cool toned, and the brown is not too warm for my skin. The colour is sheer enough so the lipstick doesn't stand out on my face but it is striking enough that it makes my lips stand out and look sexier. Moisturising too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

- Adoring this lipstick!
- Very moisturizing, sheer + good colour pay-off/ pigmentation
- Cuts down on doing a lipgloss-lipstick combo = less time consuming and pretty!

TIP: "Pout" is nice to layer with a deeper pink lipstick when I feel fancy; Maybelline's Pink Please, or MAC's Lovelorn is nice with it.

* As reference, I am NC25-30, Asian colouring.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by AK95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So i have this in the colour "Alluring". I'm not sure if they still sell this colour but it is absolutely gorgeous, a peachy-orange-redish colour with gold flecks. it doesn't dry out the lips and it lasts pretty long!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 5:43:00 AM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

my favorite lipstick. Love the shade # Beautiful. I actually so afraid it will be discontinued so I stocked up one more. The color is beautiful as its name. It is creamy, smooth without any shimmer.(I can hardly find any other lipstick that without shimmer, with great coverage but not look heavy). This was the only lipstick that my boyfriend had compliment about. The last power was pretty good too even after eating and I don't have a habit to reapply lipstick during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by nycpari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

NC44 for reference.

This will always be a makeup bag staple. I love this lipstick because it gives me that rosy pouty look. It's about a shade darker on my lips. The formula is amazing and doesn't dry out my lips too much. I think it would look great on top of lipliner as it's about 80% opaque. Lately I've preferred wearing nude lips but when I want something a bit darker I always go for this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by GirlsandMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this lipstick in color -Beautiful. It's like a peachy color and it looks wonderful, actually it is the first peachy lipstick that looks great on me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 3:30:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

I have these lipstick in several different colours. Overall I love them, they are very pigmented, the darker plum and reds of these lipstick tend to suit with my skintone a lot better. They just glide on my lips and dont dry out my lips, in fact my lips are always moisturize when I wear these. I love the packaging of these lipstick, very sleek and modern. They are very expensive here in Australia at $36AUD and are very hard to find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Flawless, Ravishing, Splendid, Glamourous, Delightful, Flirty, Tease, and oh yes Pout.. some of the colors I got in these lippies a while back.

why did I get these -- 1. they were on sale.. lol 2. the colors are impressive with gorgeous pigmentation 3. the texture is exactly what I was looking for and still look for, good pigment with a light feel -- a prototype of a Rouge Coco at 1/3 the price.

If you find these, do try them as Smashbox has been bought out by EL and that means they will be discounting these, making them more of big bargain for what you get.

p.s. Flirty is now officially my summer go to color! It is a soft fuschia shade which feels like a balm but packs the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This is my absolute favorite lipstick of all time and not just because Flawless is my HG everyday work and weekend lip color. The texture is very silky and absolutely not drying. However, Photo Finish comes in two different finishes: cream and sheer. This is not made clear on sephora.com or the Sephora displays.

The sheer shades are definitely on the sheer side and do not have the same creamy texture as the cream lipsticks, but they (sheers) are still lovely and better than some super high end lipsticks that I've tried. A well-formulated sheer lipstick can be easier to wear than a more opaque lipstick because it's more forgiving on those of us without perfectly shaped and pigmented lips. I usually cannot wear nude lip colors but I can wear Flawless (plummy nude) because it's sheer enough that my natural lip color isn't completely covered yet also gives me enough color and covers up my ugly natural lip color. Flirty, also a sheer, is a gorgeous fuscia color that gives fantastic payoff and looks fantastic on the right skin tone. Unfortunately I can't pull it off but I've seen it on fair-skinned women and it is stunning.

I also love the package of Photo Finish lipstick. Not only is the metal tube sleek and non-fussy (I can't stand clunky, fussy, and overly cute packaging), but the cap snaps shut! Very few lipstick cases snap shut.

Staying power is not great with either the creamy or sheer shades, which is to be expected given the silky texture and shiny (but not glossy) finish. This doesn't bother me since I've learned that lipstick either feels elegant and moisturizing or is long-lasting, never both.

Here is a quick breakdown of the creamy and sheer shades, which is also available on smashbox.com:

Sheer: Pout, Delightful, Charming, Marvelous, Spendid, Flawless, Flirty

Cream: Captivating, Beautiful, Exquisite, Sweet, Sublime, Stunning, Legendary, Glamorous, Enchanting

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by polarisfire

I love the texture of these lipsticks, they're very moisturizing and usually pretty sheer, which I like. But, that's because I'm not really a lipstick kinda girl. like everyone else has mentioned, they have a yummy vanilla scent and no taste

I have several shades, but Magnificent is my HG daily lippie - it's the PERFECT shade of nude brownish-pink. I'm a light-medium skinned asian but I can see this looking good on absolutely anyone. Delightful is also a go to for a super flattering sheer berry tint.
I also like lovely (a sheer true red), it's not too garish and super layerable so you can go for a sheer tint if you want some color.
Enchanting is a deep plummy burgundy/red that I like to use as a dramatic lipstick. It is a dark shade, but it's also sheer and buildable, so it's not too ridiculous. (I'm not comfortable with wearing a opaque dark lipstick)
I think it would be flattering on a lot of people, if dark lipstick is your thing.

The retail price on these lipsticks is pretty expensive, but you can find some shades on ebay for a lot less. The formula is moisturizing and fits my preferences in terms of buildability, but I'm not sure I'd spend that much on a lipstick. I dunno, I have stocked up on magnificent, though hahah