April 19, 2014 | 1906 users online

Polishes - Elizabeth Arden - Garden City Cabernet

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by ohthatgirl

I love this polish. It's not in the least bit blackened but still vampy. Garden City Cabernet is a gorgeus warm wine red creme with very, very subtle shimmer. The shimmer is near invisible on the nail but make this polish glow. Already sleek and glossy on its own, add a glossy topcoat and GCC is the deep red creme of my dreams. I love the application and wear of Elizabeth Arden polishes and Garden City Cabernet is no exception. I usually apply anywhere from 2-4 coats depending on the depth of color or the level of vamp I desire. Regardless, I am able to get a streak free application within two coats. I would definitely repurchase this color again....if need be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ParisXIII

Dupe for the new version of Chanel Vamp. I see them as exact EXACT dupes.

Nice burgundy creme base with a platinum shimmer. Great lasting power too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2007 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Really beautiful wine-red creme with teensy shimmer that is invisible on the nail but makes the polish seem to glow. I like it at two coats -- which go on perfectly streak-free -- where it's still wine red. But three or four coats are great, too, as fivezero points out. Even at its darkest, GCC is still redder than vamp reds such as Essie Wicked or Orly Naughty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 12:37:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

This is one of my favorite EA polishes so far! It's a deep wine-red creme (not quite blackened) that starts off as a medium red-wine with one coat and gets progressively deeper with each additional coat. It applies very evenly from the second coat. I love it at three and four coats, where it becomes this luscious, vampy red. The finish is perfect—very glossy and sleek. I'd definitely repurchase this!

Pics:Nails (4 coats, by choice!) continued >>