December 18, 2014 | 1118 users online

Shampoo - Jessicurl - Gentle Lather Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this shampoo off and on for several years. Lately I'm having issues with fragrance, even my usual Kerastase products so I grabbed this out of my closet. It's soothing to my scalp and the breakouts I've been having are clearing up. My hair is fine/wavy/fuzzy and this shampoo cleans without stripping or causing more frizz. The unscented version has a mild earthy scent from the ingredients and doesn't bother my allergies.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by iluvjellybabies

This didn't suit my hair either (have tried the Hair Cleansing Cream too). It left my hair frizzy and dry, even after conditioning with Too Shea (an excellent conditioner by the way). My scalp felt greasy but my ends were dry, not my ideal hair combination...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this - it's just what I have been looking for! I love that it is available unscented. since I hate strong scents... I like things to smell very natural, which this does. It cleans very thoroughly for a sulfate free shampoo, without drying. The texture is runny. This reminds me a lot of Aubrey Organics clarifying tea tree shampoo for oily hair, except less drying. Both products have a runny texture, are sulfate, free, and smell nearly identical. This is a great everyday staple product for me (I have long, wavy, fine hair that I fried with bleach and dye.) I will say, however, that this was really the only Jessicurl product I have tried which really worked for me. The others (Aloeba conditioner, Awe Inspiraling spray,) were just OK and would not merit a repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I wish I could give this shampoo a 3.5, but since I can't I'll go for the more generous rating because it is a very nice shampoo, cleans well and very gentle. This is the first sulfate-free shampoo that I've ever tried. I considered the Hair Cleansing Cream first but decided it would not suit my fine hair and scalp that gets easily greasy; that was probably the right call. Even with this shampoo, it does seem like I have to wash my hair more often. But I'm still liking this a lot, so I just rotate it with a good quality gentle sulfate shampoo when I think i need a bit more cleansing (Curlisto's Botanical or Joico K-Pak). I'm not crazy about the citrus/lavender scent unfortunately but at least it's natural and you can't have everything I guess. I'm using this and the Aloeba conditioner at the moment, and I would definitely like to try more Jessicurl products. The only (significant) drawback is that they are very difficult to get hold of, and expensive. So I'll have to see. But this is definitely a very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by sunth

This is one of the shampoos I keep in regular rotation. It is gentle with no sulfates and not too heavy for my fine but lots of it hair. I use this shampoo very often in Island Fantasy. I like the way my hair feels with it- soft & bouncy. The only problem is that it has to be shipped but its worth it. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by diggity

This is my favorite shampoo. It lives up to its name, being truly gentle, yet it still cleanses well. I am a big fan. It's quite runny, but does lather (unlike some sulfate-free shampoos). This shampoo has excellent ingredients and works tremendously. I only wish I could buy it in my area without having to order online. Definite re-purchase. Also I have tried both the island fantasy and citrus lavender scents. They are both lovely. The island fantasy is very coconuty and a great summer smell. The citrus lavender is similar but more refreshing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 7:10:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this shampoo in Unscented because I generally hate strong fragrances and I have a sensitive scalp. It is a very gentle shampoo with no frills. The best thing is that is has no sulfates but still cleans very well.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by debbism

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

To sum it up in one word...."Meh". Was not all that fab for me. might have been too harsh...not sure, hair felt dry and almost straw-like after shampooing. Also smelled funky although I used a sample pack which is unscented.

At least is got my hair clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Triquetra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG of shampoos - I have fine curly hair, which is normal to dry. This shampoo cleans without stripping and gave my hair more curls and definition than they'd ever had before. Both the Island Fantasy and the Citrus Lavender fragrances are nice - I have trouble choosing between them!

Only downside is the price - for me in Australia, this product is quite expensive, and difficult to get hold of. Only one online retailer, who has limited stocks.

But for me, an amazing product. Especially when used with Aloeba conditioner and Confident Coils.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2007 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo. It's my daily staple. Recently I finally sprung for the liter size, which really is a great value. All of Jessicurl's products are made with high-quality ingredients that maintain and enhance the integrity of curly hair, and this sulfate-free shampoo is no exception. It lathers well but doesn't strip my hair. My scalp feels clean after shampooing, not tight or itchy. I used to use the Hair Cleansing Cream, but I find the GLS gives my hair more volume and bounce. My hair is thick but fine in texture and not really on the dry side (I don't color or have highlights), so this formula is the perfect match for me. I began with the No Fragrance Added version, but now I'm loving the Island Fantasy scent. Light, tropical but not cloying or overpowering. Great stuff - I'll continue to repurchase.