September 1, 2014 | 2058 users online

Blush - Clinique - Shimmering Tones Powder in Pink Chocolate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this so much that I'm becoming a fan of Clinique now. I have olive skin, almost black hair and eyes, and this makeup is perfect for me. It blends into my skin like it was meant to be there, and the color looks rich, warm and creamy with just a touch of shimmer. I apply it on my cheeks, and then I brush it up on my forehead too. You can wear this in the daytime or at night.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2007 12:43:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Shimmering Tones are yet another product similar to the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks. Or maybe they were first? At any rate, this is a beautiful browned shimmery rosey color when swirled all together and applied to the cheeks. It is not really ďsubtleĒ but it can be the perfect touch for a brightening rose sun-kissed accent on the cheeks. Iím currently pretty tan so Iím liking burnished cheek colors. This one fits the bill. Also this is great on the eyes, though the pink-ish tones kind of make me look odd. I think this is somewhat similar to Bobbi Brown Brownie Shimmer Brick so Iím bidding it farewell!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by btopkaya

When I see this in the Clinique stand, I just wanted to have it! I use this as a blush and it's fantastic. You can wear it both at office and in the evening. When I heard that it is limited edition, I went back to the store and got a new one. I definitely recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2006 11:17:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I really like this as a blush, eyeshadow and highlighter. Everyone else has described it really well. Its a little too dark for my LLL/MMM skin to pull off during the day as a blush alone, but just a little bit on cheek bones only in the evening, with C's pink chocolate ls and a light eye...it's stunning.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2006 10:16:00 PM More reviews by jmontgomery

I ADORE this edition of the Shimmering Tones Powder. I love it as a blush - I use it during the day, but apply it with a kabuki brush with a light touch - an eye shadow, and a highlighter. I love that the pattern remains no matter how much swirling I do. I love the cute pink compact. I love the staying power. BUY THIS before the collection goes away!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2006 12:39:00 AM More reviews by KDCook

I just bought this product on a whim, and am in LOVE. I have pale cool toned skin, espresso colored hair and blue eyes and this powder is great as a blush, highlighter and eyeshadow. The pale pink tone is especially great on brow bones, and swirled all together the three colors (dark brown, light brown and light pink, all with a shimmery finish) make for a GREAT evening blush!

Really really fun and the adorable checkerboard design doesn't fade no matter how much you swirl. One note: I use a kabuki brush to apply it to my cheeks, a blush brush gives me too much concentration of the browns. GREAT GREAT PRODUCT!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2006 2:36:00 PM More reviews by absolutbuffy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This palette consists of three checkered colors - a taupish brown, a coppery brown, and a light pink. I would say that overall, these colors are on the cool side. The purchase price is $28.50 and this palette is very similar to Bobbi Brown's shimmerbricks. In my opinion the shimmering tones powders are more pigmented than Bobbi Brown's shimmerbricks. I like the shimmering tones much more and own almost all of them. I would have to say that this is one of my favorites so far. I have to preface that I am very pale, so these work well as a blush for me. This gives me a nice pinkish glow when used as a blush, and when used lightly or with a skunk brush, it is a great highlighter. These are shimmery, but I do not find the shimmer to be too much.

What I really love about this palette though, is that these colors are great as eyeshadow as well. In the past some of the shimmering tones palettes have not had colors that I would have used as eyeshadow (although I am sure that some people would have found them to be just fine for that use). The colors included in this palette are two gorgeous browns and a light pink which is great as either a wash or to highlight. So for me, the versatility of this palette is a great feature.

For some people, this may only be good as a highlighter or as eyeshadow, but because I am so pale, it gives just enough color that I am able to wear it as a blush as well. So I definitely think people should check this out and I would definitely repurchase it in the future (although it being limited edition might make that hard to do).