September 2, 2014 | 1960 users online

Moisturizers - DML Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My derm rec'd this years ago for my sensitive rosacea-prone skin. It's an awesome moisturizer for dry/sensitive skin even if you're prone to breakouts. It's not too heavy though a tad sticky on oilier complexions in warmer months. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin either.

*It contains no parabens and is free of formaldehyde releasers for those who are sensitive to preservatives like myself.

Ingredients

Purified Water, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Gluceth-20 Sesquistearate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum, Silicate, Soduim Carbomer 941

This is just a great, bare bones moisturizer that's very cost effective. Would be ideal for use while on Retin-A or other drying acne medications IME.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Florat

i love love love this moisturizer! Its so gentle, so perfect for my sensitive skin! It doesnt make my skin greasy yet it makes my skin so glowy! I cant find any lotion does better than it! One thing i dislike about it is that the packaging is a bit inconvient. Would be so much better if it comes with a pump!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by molly316

I have sensitive skin prone to hormonal breakouts, and a few months after I got off my birth control I had horrible teenage style acne. I'm 32 so this was just embarassing. I tried everything that was everyone else's HG products...tea tree oil, Neutragena, Neostrata, Clarins, Cetaphil, yogurt masks, etc.

Then I got on the Acne.org regimen and was consistently using the following products: Pond's Luminous Cleanser, jojoba oil, St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer, and Neutragena's On the Spot Treatment. My skin did not improve.

I went to a dermatologist, and she recommended I cut out the jojoba oil and the St. Ives moisturizer - and switch to the DML Lotion. I do NOT believe in miracles or even a HG product but honestly - within a week, my skin cleared up substantially. I'd say 80% of my blemishes went away and my skin has continued to improve with the DML Lotion alone and the acne.org regimen.

This lotion is affordable (I paid $16 for a huge pump bottle), very basic and non-irritating. It does have a faintly weird smell (like plastic) but it doesn't bother me. What I love about it is that I can put absolutely loads of it on my skin and it will never make me break out; it will just soothe my skin. The next morning my skin is really soft. It does also leave somewhat of a film on your skin but that doesn't bother me. So I would recommend using it at night but not necessarily during the day.

It's also a great base lotion - I mix it with other oils and put that on my body. LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by bebedejuin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample of this at my dermatologist's office this summer. I quickly used it up and bought a full size tube. This is a fantastic moisturizer for sensitive skin! I find that it moisturizes well but isn't greasy and doesn't clog pores. I love how creamy it is without feeling too heavy. It smoothes out my mild psoriasis/eczema on my forehead. It also has spf which is helpful. I will certainly repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by GypsyRose23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had great results with this product when I was having hormonal acne issues and virtually everything else was causing my sensitive skin to breakout. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is having trouble finding a moisturizer gentle enough for their sensitive skin, just be sure to study the ing to make sure there's no known allergy triggers for your skin, and maybe check with your derm for a sample first. Otherwise, Person & Covey, Inc. is pretty good about sending out samples if you contact them and ask. For the price and the gentle quality, I think this is a great moisturizer when you're limited in your options, and I would buy it again under those circumstances. However, imo, it has no "bells & whistles," and gets a little boring once you're able to use other products again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a HG for me. I've been using it for years, but only as a body moisturizer. No scent, no irritation, sinks in well. Not too thick for very humid days and heavy duty enough for all but the coldest driest weather conditions. Bonus: no parabens.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was recommended to me by my dermatologist. I was originally using the neutrogena untinted SPF25, but my skin was still drying out with my aggressive acne treatments. I got a sample of this and I love it! I have since used up all of the sample and am in the market for another tube. I just cannot find it in the stores though. I will either have to get it from my dermatologist or online. Overall a great product though. Feels luxusious going on. Not greasy and not too thick and does not break me out. Works great under my makeup too! I love applying makeup over this moisturizer because it's also a great MU primer as well, LOL! Overall I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by JCuevas04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from the manufacturer. To me, this is no diff than Complex-15 which is easily accessible at drugstores and I can find it at CVS. It is a little thicker than Complex-15, but not by much. It sinks right into your skin and virtually disappears. If this was accessible at drugstore instead of only online and was around the same price or cheaper than Complex-15, than I would prob purchase this. I have oily skin and this doesn't leave a residue whatsoever and doesn't cause breakouts or clog pores. Both this and the Complex-15 both claim to be for severely dry, sensitive skin. The sensitive skin part I can agree with but I think this would be way too light for severely dry skin. I would say both of these IME are no fuss, fragrance/oil-free "light" moisturizers for normal to oily skin rather than severely dry skin. For the record I like to use Complex-15 at night and would use this at night also if I used it. Not bad but just wish it was available at my local drugstore rather than online.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by CarlyR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have dry, acne-prone skin with mild rosacea. Unfortunately this broke me out :( I was hoping it would work for me since so many acne prones have luck with this. I think I just can't use any kind of silicones or petrolatum without a problem. So if you are ok with those ingredients, this may work well for you.

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone

Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Dimethicone, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Benzyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Carbomer 941

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by sheisontherun

I bought a large pump-top bottle of this from drugstore.com and I've been using it for what seems like ages. It's a great moisturizer - not too heavy, not too light, sinks in quickly, gets rid of any flaky patches. I can use this in both summer and winter.

My skin is pretty normal, so it's not performing miracles or anything. But it's a great basic moisturizer. And considering how much product you get, it's a great deal. I love that it's fragrance-free, too. Nice stuff!