Clinique Full Potential plumping lip gloss

3.5

on 1/20/2015 3:58:00 PM

Nope. I have tried millions glosses from every brand but this is probably the worste one ever. I prefer labello over this.
Nah, buy something else, hell even regular vaseline is better than this one. Too bad for Clinique. Shape up!

on 12/26/2012 7:58:00 AM

Bought a set in the duty free: Nice package and price for the set (5 double-side lip glosses --> 10 different colors)
The color is really nice. BUT!
I am very disappointed with quality: sticky, difficult to apply (especially if you want to apply it above the lipstick), makes my lips chapped, doesn't feel nice... moreover in couple hours I will have a white stripe on my underlip (never happens with any other lip gloss)...

on 11/29/2012 11:27:00 AM

I bought this in a pack at the airport. The colors look great both in the tube and on my lips. But I found this gloss hard to wear....I've never actually come across a lip gloss that was so sticky that I couldn't stop pursing my lips cos it just felt uncomfy. But since they looked so nice I decided to tolerate them. I wore them to office for a day and ended up with very chapped lips at the end of the day. How this is possible when I'm wearing lip gloss is beyond me. Thought it's supposed to be moisturizing. I had to recover my lips with Vaseline lip balm for a few days before they went back to normal.

on 8/19/2011 11:01:00 AM

I got an airport mini 6 pack, double ended so I have 12 colours and I must say I like them but I don't love them:

- The are pretty sheer (many of them look like transparent gloss when you put them on) and only the draker colours show a bit on the lips.
- a bit sticky
- quite long lasting compared to drugstore lipglosses
- very glossy and make lips look delicious :)

on 5/19/2010 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have this in "Camisole," which is a pretty, muted peachy-pink with shimmer, very similar in color to the Buttershine lipstick in Poppy Love. (If the Buttershines weren't so glossy on their own, it would be a great lipstick/gloss combo, but you don't need a gloss with the Buttershines.) It's pretty sticky, although that does help with staying power. The thickness is probably where the "plumping" comes in, filling in some of the lines of your lips and making them appear smoother. It's also quite shimmery, which can add to that effect. It's a decent everyday color and it's fine as a gloss, but I have others whose texture and color I like better. I'll finish out this tube and wouldn't say "never" to other glosses in this line, but I won't rush into repurchasing.

on 5/15/2010 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Went to the Clinique counter for the Passport to Pretty promotional event. I didn't plan on buying anything, jsut playing around, but ended up with this gloss. I think I have a new favorite!

I bought this gloss in Voluptuous Violet. Its a sheer/moderate coverage dark berry/plum shade with a tiny bit of shimmer that looks great with a fair complexion and my darkly pigmented lip color. The gloss itself is VERY think, almost a serum-type consistency, that is tacky, so it sticks great to my lips and lasts for freaking ever. It stayed on for almost six hours, through meals, before I felt like I needed to reapply.

As for plumping, even the MUA said she didn't really think it plumped, per se, but that the shine definitely makes your lips look bigger, and the thickness fills in lip wrinkles, which I have to agree with. I got no burning sensation at all, which is awesome, because I HATE that about plumping glosses. The only acceptable sensation I will tolerate is a minty feeling, like Buxom glosses, my #1 favorite.

Overall a surprise fav. of mine that will certainly purchase again.

I am having a love affair with this lip gloss. I have Mimosa Blossom and it looks AMAZING on me, lasts well, and is only sticky right when it goes on, but thins out from body heat.

I love it.

on 5/5/2010 10:52:00 AM

i got a 6 pack, double ended for xmas one year. cost me $40 and was super impressed with them and the colours! they are super glossy, sticky and stay on for ages! pigment is very slight but to me its perfect, i am not a fan of lipstick. Lipgloss only! the 6 colours i got were so nice, neutral, pink and plummy :)

i have full lips alreayd so i didnt they they plumped me up. I still think these are the best lipglosses around. best to wait till xmas when they have the gift packs :)

mine have pretty much run out now but i would buy again!

on 1/24/2010 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love these lip glosses! Although they aren't that plumping they do give the "plump" look to your lips due to the texture. I love sticky lip glosses as I find that they are the ones that really work and gives me a long lasting shine. The colors are very sheer so if you want more color, keep in mind that these have hardly any pigment. This is the lip gloss that my lips look the best in, will buy again :)

on 11/11/2009 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I am not sure this does much for plumping (you can feel tingling when you put it on) but I do like the texture - it's stick and lasts a looong time.

Most of the shades are very sheer, so don't be afraid to reach for the darker ones - the blackberry bloom shade comes very close to black honey in my opinion.

I'd repurchase this based on formula, but would prefer the shades be more opaque. As for lip plumping, nay.

Recommended for Medium Skin