Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation (all shades)

3.9

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used bareminerals, physicians formula minerals, marry kay minerals, and countless other random foundations and BB creams, and this is the ONLY make up that consistently does NOT break out my acne prone skin, turn funky colors, make me shiny, or waste my time by not covering my blemishes. The color matching charts are also very easy to use. I ordered a full tub of my perfect shade on the first try.This is the Holly grail of make up. Their other products are very nice as well.

I have this foundation in the lightest shade. It is effective at maintaining a matte complexion is that is what is desired, but I like to mix this into my Kari Gran Essential Serum for a custom oil-based foundation look. This is not as shimmery looking as the Kari Gran foundation, but it certainly does have a little gleam to it. I think that this foundation powders on well and mixes in well, so it is versatile enough for my needs. The packaging on this product is adorable, as is the packaging on all Lily Lolo products, with the black and the simple yet unique logo. The packaging is frosted on the outside and is fairly large considering the quantity of product given is about a standard .30 oz. You can also block the powder from being distributed, so you do not get a lot of fallout when you open the lid. The price is mid-range and fair for the quality of what you are receiving.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily acne prone skin and it seems that eveything breaks me out except mineral foundation. Hearing good things about this brand I decided to try it, plus I liked the cute sleek packaging. I think I am a NC25 and got the shade Butterscotch along with the caramel concealer. These to products together applied with my ELF flat top powder brush gave me a flawless look. Even with my oily skin in the winter I really need to moisturize or it can show dry patches. Has a semi matte finish which I love and helps to smooth out my large pores. I like this a lot and would re-purchase. I find it is much better than other loose mineral foundations out there.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have lately tried to use more natural products on my skin so when I found this foundation I thought I'd give it a go. In the past I've had really bad experiences with mineral makeup because of my oily t-zone but this is a lovely mineral foundation. I have it in the shade china doll, which is a perfect match for my NC15 skin with pink undertones. It doesn't emphasise my pores as other mineral foundations seem to do and it doesn't look cakey on me. It also doesn't break me out or clog my pores, which is great. I do need to blot during the day, but that's fine. If I use a lot I will get great coverage, but it doesn't look natural so I only use a little. I can see how this would emphasise dry spots and dry skin, but I don't have that so it's not a problem for me. I don't like the packaging, but I'll live with it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

WOW! I just recently switched to Lily Lolo and I'm in love, talk about a "my skin but better" product <3

I used to use Everyday Minerals' intensive base for years but got tired of how ashy and dull it made my skin look, I also shined like a discoball and had to blot several times a day, but when using LL, I can sometimes go the entire day without blotting once, because my mixed skin just doesn't seem to get as greasy as it usually does.

It doesn't give the greatest coverage (hence only 4 lippies), but it makes my skin look like satin, and I like looking ~healthy~ after years of looking like a waxy ghost, haha.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Loved this product. Absolutely was fantastic on my face. Will purchase again when i run out.

I'm a makeup artist/hairstylist and this is the Holy grail makeup line! This powder is fabulous. I can't say enough. My skin is crazy, oily patches, dry patches and break out/sensitivity prone. This powder has all but eliminated my breakouts. It doesn't stick to dry patches, and allows your skin to breathe through it. The finishing powder worn on top of the mineral powder in flawless silk is stunning. Adds a great line and imperfection blurring glow. I can do hair all day, go play volleyball, and the makeup doesn't budge or change colors with sweat. It removes easily with soap and water. Vegan, cruelty free and high performance for minimal price. This can't be beat.

Not really much more I can add - other reviewers have said it all. It is a fantastic product - but don't put on too much, be sparing and add a little more in areas that need it. I use with their mini kabuki brush (which is very good) and their concealer brush for around the nose. My skin is very oily in the T-zone and other foundations make me break out here - this one doesn't. I do find though that I need to matify my skin during the day and putting on more foundation does not work. I use Sunday Riley loose powder for that. If you add more foundation to matify it just ends up looking too chalky. I've tried LLs finishing powders but I'm not that keen on them. The silk one is too shiny (for an oily complexion) and the matte doesn't seem to do anything. Their concealers are very good but unfortunately make me break out, it's the kaolin I think. With regards to packaging, all mineral foundations have these kind of pots. They're fine for home but useless for travelling. I once bought a container which was shallow, had an attached lid with a mirror inside and you could just put a small amount of powder inside. Ideal for travelling. I used to use it for my Chantecallie (now discontinued) powder. I can't remember where I bought it from though.
Last Christmas I saw my neice and commented on her amazing skin. "What do you use?" I asked her. "Lily Lolo" she said. I laughed, "so do I" I said.

I've been a loyal fan of Lily Lolo for years and I absolutely adore this foundation. Sometimes I try out new products but they never work as well as this and I always end up coming back to it. Everything else seems to irritate my skin or break me out, but not this. It does NOT contain bismuth oxychloride like some other mineral brands, plus it's much more affordable and lasts forever.

It did take me a while to find the correct application technique. You need to use a very good moisturiser when you use minerals, otherwise you'll end up looking too powdery. I apply my moisturiser first and wait a few minutes before applying the foundation. I use an Eco Tools powder brush to apply. I prefer this to the kabuki as the kabuki can sometimes accentuate my flakes. I begin with a very small amount and build up in layers until I'm satisfied.

If you apply it correctly, this foundation looks lovely and natural. The coverage can be built up but I would describe it as moderate. It covers redness beautifully but you definitely need a concealer for any acne/spots/dark circles. I do avoid putting this powder under my eyes, though, as ANY kind of powder always brings out the lines under my eyes.

The lasting power really depends on how you apply. I don't use a primer but recently changed to a better moisturiser and now this foundation lasts for 9 hours before it needs touching up. :)

Once I've done my full face with Lily Lolo's mineral foundation/concealer, I'm always impressed that these are powder products and not liquids because they look so natural. Something else to note is that this foundation looks absolutely gorgeous in photographs! And the packaging is so cute (although a bit messy and clunky, but that's the case with most mineral foundations.)

Overall I really recommend this to anyone with problematic skin like me.

I use this during the week at work, and at weekends or evenings if I need to be more formal/polished.

The tester pots are great for finding the right shade - I now use Blondie and find it works well from my palest winter through to summer (with bronzer on top).

The coverage is good, and very build-able, however I still use a cream concealer for any spots/blemishes/under-eye shadows. It works really well over the 8-hour sunscreen I wear when I'm going to be out on site for work all day - it reduces the shine and any ghostly whiteness from my face, without going to sallow or orange.

Only downer is the packaging - it looks very nice, and elegant, however it's very large for travelling with, and the sifter can sometimes dole out too much at once. In an ideal world I'd like a pressed powder version, and/or a smaller more compact travel version where you could lock off the sifter so that excess product doesn't collect in the lid.