September 17, 2014 | 1658 users online

Foundations - Lily Lolo - Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by xXsharlyXx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is amazing great price and very generous sized pots I have been using there products for about 2 years so quick & easy to order off there website there brushes are great too. I use in the buff shade foundation it's a perfect match for my fair-medium skin this stuff lasts forever my last pot lasted a good 8/9 months and so cheap it's unreal. This is like bare minerals but my opinion this is far better softer & lighter but the same amount of coverage! If your looking for a mineral powder foundation deffo give this a try you won't be disappointed

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by amberlightsss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

MY HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION. I love this stuff so so so much, it's the first and only powder foundation I've ever tried and I'm so happy I tried it out because of the great reviews I've read online. I never thought I'd love a powder foundation this much, but I have been reaching for this all summer and it's (almost) perfect in every way!

To me, this is a medium coverage foundation. It covers acne, acne scars, freckles etc. ok, and it covers redness and dullness really good. I found out that if I don't use a primer underneath, it won't blend as good as if I had a smooth base, so remember a primer ladies, doesn't matter which one just one that smooths out your skin a bit! As most foundations, it clings to dry patches BUT not as much as a liquid foundation. I sometimes suffer from dry skin, right now I'm out of my favorite moisturizer (it's on its way in the mail lol) and this stuff still works good for me.

It lasts up to 5 hours on me before I have to touch up with a little bit of powder, I got combination skin and I get REAAAALLY oily throughout the day and 5 hours is really good to me. Even though I get oily, it stays on!!! When I say touch up I mean touching up with a transluscent powder, not the foundation, because it's still there. In about 8 hours it shows signs of fading, it's not covering acne and that kind of stuff anymore, and after about 10-12 hours it's almost gone. That's so good on my combination skin.

The packaging though, is JUNK, I hate it. I often spill powder all over my other products because the packaging is really cheap, but whatever, the product is good so... I just love it. AND, it gives a flawless, but still really natural look!! My face looks smooth and natural when I've applied this, it's so so natural... Haha, I'm totally in love with this stuff. BUY IT, you won't regret!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

i started using lily lolo about 4 years ago as it was affordable and came in shades for very pale skin. the formula at the time was kind to my skin and a perfect match. i purchased a replacement "porcelain" as well as a pot of "china doll" a few months ago expecting the same results as prior batches of lily lolo powder.

it seems they have reformulated this, as it now entirely irritates my face and the coverage is patchy at best. it is also slightly more expensive now. i've since switched back to my old faithful laura mercier powder in "soft porcelain" with the same fantastic results it always gives. laura mercier is more expensive than lily lolo, for sure, but it's not a bargain to me if a product underperforms and irritates my face, so bye bye lily lolo.

if you are still able to use this powder with good results and no irritation, you've hit the jackpot with lily lolo. their shade selection for fair skinned folks is fantastic and even with the price increase it is still cheaper than most mineral powders on the market. highly suggest purchasing samples before buying, just to make sure you like the look/coverage and see if it agrees with your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by KimmyRM

totally in love with this - i would recommend if your skin, like mine, is prone to acne!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by mgmgmgmg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

In a nutshell; I had consistent acne on my chin from age of 18. Did lots of research, ditched all my makeup, switched to Lily Lolo, MASSIVE difference. HUGE improvement. Zinc is very good for healing acne, i forget why but i knew at the time when I'd researched and started looking for minerals.

*Looks very natural, i can apply and apply but still it looks like my skin
* BUAV approved (should a bunny suffer for my acne? no!)
*I'm very pale, (see through pale!!) the 2 lightest shades work 4 me
*don't like the new wasteful packaging.
*Lasts a good long while.
*I've been regularly re-purchasing since 2010, I'll never look back.
*SPF - always good!

*DON'T apply it with a massive brush like they say, you'll just waste it, the ecotools travel powder brush is just the right size; small, dense and soft, (that's what she said!)

I have a friend who isn't really into makeup but she always asks me for advice (which she never takes, bless her) saying 'you seem to apply a lot of makeup but it never looks like you're wearing much.' It refers to this. x
(It's probably worth noting i never tried any other mineral brands, this ticked all the boxes for me so i never felt the need to, however, I don't know how it compares to other brands other than it's probably cheaper.) x x x x

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by aelskar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation, I LOVE it!

I'm 27, yet my skin is still really oily and I get a few spots now and then.

SHADES: The shades are excellent, and the sample pots make it so much easier to find the one that is right for you. I am a natural blonde and very pale. Generally, I can buy make up in the lightest shade and it will be too dark/orange on my skin (I know a lot of you feel my pain!). With Lily Lolo I use China Doll in winter, and Candy Cane in summer- not even the fairest shades (Porcelain is the lightest), and not a hint of orange!!

APPLICATION: The trick is to apply thin layers of this foundation, I use the kabuki brush. Swirl and tap is your friend! It stops you from overloading on product, and reduces waste/mess too.

COVERAGE: After the first layer you won't notice much of a difference, but I find that three layers used along with the Lily Lolo concealer is enough to give my skin an even tone, without blemishes. It is BY FAR the most natural looking foundation I've ever used, yet still has decent coverage (NOT full, but I like that- I don't want to look like I am wearing a mask).

DURATION: I use Lily Lolo Flawless Matte both before and after applying my foundation. I follow by applying a layer of pressed powder (currently Revlon) and a spritz of Urban Decay setting spray. I work in a hot restaurant and my make up just does not cake. It does slide a bit after a few hours, but nowhere near as much as if I had worn liquid foundation.

I will NEVER go back to liquid foundation- it made me break out, didn't last and even light shades weren't right for me.

My favourite moment when wearing Lily Lolo- one of the first times I tried it, my fiancé came home and said 'you look really pretty today, see you don't need to put on so much make up!' hehe THAT is how natural-looking it is.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by MissVanity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation is just okay. It does not blend in as good as BM foundation and looks kinda powdery on the skin. I am not a huge fan of Bare Minerals but their foundation is definitely a lot better. This does not look natural on the skin and the worst thing of all - it makes me want to scratch my skin off! It is OK when I first apply it but as soon as I get a bit hot or sweaty it starts itching like crazy! If you want a really good mineral foundation then check Lucy Minerals, it's absolutely amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Kashley

This is a really good mineral foundation. I have consistant moderate acne and using liquid face makeup of any kind makes my skin breakout. Most talc based powders will give me patches of skin colored bumps. I found Lily Lolo on a ladys blog and she just raved about how its all natural and wont irritate your skin at all so I did some research and bought some.

Long story short this lets your skin heal while you have it on so within about a month of using this and only washing my face with raw organic honey twice a day, I can now say I am about 90% clear. (also really cleaned up my diet, no more dairy, less bread more meat, veggies w/ every meal)

This is not a full coverage glamourous light reflecting pay 50 dollars powder.
This stuff has about 4 ingredients, makes your skin tone look even, but your skin can still breath with this on.

Those of you with super duper sensitive skin, this powder is for you :)

You get A TON of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

Love this simple mineral foundation! It provides light to medium coverage & does not highlight your pores! You may have to blot during the day if you have oily skin, but I feel this is minor in comparison to the benefits this provides. I love it also because it does not contain a bunch of chemicals that skin could react to! Great Natural SPF- my skin does not tolerate the chemical sunscreens well. The amount you get is double to Bare Minerals & the cost is better as well. I bought online & also found a coupon code. 2 for $33 & free shipping!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by bebokaur

The worst mineral foundation ive tried, Bare minerals in orginal and inika mineral foundation is wayyy way better.inika is a little pricey but it gives way more coverage. Buy bare minerals or inika definetly if ur in search of a good mineral founsation. This infact doesn't feel like mineral foundation it feels like cheap loose talc!! This Gives no coverage and shows up any lines you have..I wanted this because on certain shopping sites there were good reviews but since I tried it for my self I realised this is not a good foundation. . The packaging is ok but thats what I find most pple fall for. The negative reviews I have read on here are absolutely right in what they said I also feel the same. Also the colour range can seem really confusing! I brought the right shade but whilst choosing my shade I struggled to see what's suitable for me. . Reviews online weren't helpful eiethier. I would not recommend this. It is over rated.. and gives no coverage. It wears off in 20 mins..!