Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation (all shades)

3.8

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue

on 7/29/2015 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

WOW! I just recently switched to Lily Lolo and I'm in love, talk about a "my skin but better" product <3

I used to use Everyday Minerals' intensive base for years but got tired of how ashy and dull it made my skin look, I also shined like a discoball and had to blot several times a day, but when using LL, I can sometimes go the entire day without blotting once, because my mixed skin just doesn't seem to get as greasy as it usually does.

It doesn't give the greatest coverage (hence only 4 lippies), but it makes my skin look like satin, and I like looking ~healthy~ after years of looking like a waxy ghost, haha.

on 7/20/2015 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Loved this product. Absolutely was fantastic on my face. Will purchase again when i run out.

on 7/20/2015 12:30:00 AM

I'm a makeup artist/hairstylist and this is the Holy grail makeup line! This powder is fabulous. I can't say enough. My skin is crazy, oily patches, dry patches and break out/sensitivity prone. This powder has all but eliminated my breakouts. It doesn't stick to dry patches, and allows your skin to breathe through it. The finishing powder worn on top of the mineral powder in flawless silk is stunning. Adds a great line and imperfection blurring glow. I can do hair all day, go play volleyball, and the makeup doesn't budge or change colors with sweat. It removes easily with soap and water. Vegan, cruelty free and high performance for minimal price. This can't be beat.

Not really much more I can add - other reviewers have said it all. It is a fantastic product - but don't put on too much, be sparing and add a little more in areas that need it. I use with their mini kabuki brush (which is very good) and their concealer brush for around the nose. My skin is very oily in the T-zone and other foundations make me break out here - this one doesn't. I do find though that I need to matify my skin during the day and putting on more foundation does not work. I use Sunday Riley loose powder for that. If you add more foundation to matify it just ends up looking too chalky. I've tried LLs finishing powders but I'm not that keen on them. The silk one is too shiny (for an oily complexion) and the matte doesn't seem to do anything. Their concealers are very good but unfortunately make me break out, it's the kaolin I think. With regards to packaging, all mineral foundations have these kind of pots. They're fine for home but useless for travelling. I once bought a container which was shallow, had an attached lid with a mirror inside and you could just put a small amount of powder inside. Ideal for travelling. I used to use it for my Chantecallie (now discontinued) powder. I can't remember where I bought it from though.
Last Christmas I saw my neice and commented on her amazing skin. "What do you use?" I asked her. "Lily Lolo" she said. I laughed, "so do I" I said.

on 6/12/2015 7:06:00 PM

I've been a loyal fan of Lily Lolo for years and I absolutely adore this foundation. Sometimes I try out new products but they never work as well as this and I always end up coming back to it. Everything else seems to irritate my skin or break me out, but not this. It does NOT contain bismuth oxychloride like some other mineral brands, plus it's much more affordable and lasts forever.

It did take me a while to find the correct application technique. You need to use a very good moisturiser when you use minerals, otherwise you'll end up looking too powdery. I apply my moisturiser first and wait a few minutes before applying the foundation. I use an Eco Tools powder brush to apply. I prefer this to the kabuki as the kabuki can sometimes accentuate my flakes. I begin with a very small amount and build up in layers until I'm satisfied.

If you apply it correctly, this foundation looks lovely and natural. The coverage can be built up but I would describe it as moderate. It covers redness beautifully but you definitely need a concealer for any acne/spots/dark circles. I do avoid putting this powder under my eyes, though, as ANY kind of powder always brings out the lines under my eyes.

The lasting power really depends on how you apply. I don't use a primer but recently changed to a better moisturiser and now this foundation lasts for 9 hours before it needs touching up. :)

Once I've done my full face with Lily Lolo's mineral foundation/concealer, I'm always impressed that these are powder products and not liquids because they look so natural. Something else to note is that this foundation looks absolutely gorgeous in photographs! And the packaging is so cute (although a bit messy and clunky, but that's the case with most mineral foundations.)

Overall I really recommend this to anyone with problematic skin like me.

on 6/6/2015 1:39:00 PM

I use this during the week at work, and at weekends or evenings if I need to be more formal/polished.

The tester pots are great for finding the right shade - I now use Blondie and find it works well from my palest winter through to summer (with bronzer on top).

The coverage is good, and very build-able, however I still use a cream concealer for any spots/blemishes/under-eye shadows. It works really well over the 8-hour sunscreen I wear when I'm going to be out on site for work all day - it reduces the shine and any ghostly whiteness from my face, without going to sallow or orange.

Only downer is the packaging - it looks very nice, and elegant, however it's very large for travelling with, and the sifter can sometimes dole out too much at once. In an ideal world I'd like a pressed powder version, and/or a smaller more compact travel version where you could lock off the sifter so that excess product doesn't collect in the lid.

on 5/13/2015 8:02:00 PM

I adore this for my everyday foundation! I have been using this almost every day for several weeks now and these are my pros and cons...

Pros
+ Perfect colour match (shade Blondie for my super pale skin) and lots of shades to choose from.
+ Super light weight so it feels like I've no make up on
+ Flawless finish. I would say it is semi-matte. Non-cakey unless you go crazy with layering it up.
+ Doesn't oxidise
+ A lot cheaper than other brands eg. bare minerals
+ Vegan and natural
+ No break outs!
+ SPF 15
+ Lockable sifter
+ Doesn't irritate my skin (I have fairly sensitive skin)
+ 10g of product will last forever - excellent value

Cons
- Needs a primer to last all day
- Light to medium coverage (which could be a pro or a con) for me it covers all I need which is redness and a few blemishes but doesn't cover under eye darkness so I still need to use a concealer. It is buildable but with the risk of it lwearing badly by the end of the day at least in my experience having oily skin.
- Takes a little time to get used to it to make it work for you.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Fantastic product. It's easy to build up coverage and it gives a very natural look. There's a large variety of shades too. I first started off with the sample kit which made it so much easier to pick out the right shade for my skin tone and then I went on to buy a bigger version. This was a couple years ago and I'm still using it now so it's lasted me a really long time. Great value for money. This was also the first foundation I've ever used that never made me break out. I use Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer beforehand and my makeup looks fresh all day.

on 3/22/2015 7:21:00 PM

I have this in Blondie which is perfect for my medium skin. It is like a slightly heavier loose powder (which makes a very light foundation). I find it is good for hiding redness and for concealing bad pimples (the kind of pimples that do not respond well to liquid concealer / look cakey). Apply to pimples for a decent amount of coverage with minimal contact. I don't like to have to touch the area too much when I have a pimple because I feel I am massively delaying the healing process. So this is good for just dabbing on with finger before brushing off the excess powder foundation with a big brush.

One thing I don't like however is the packaging. Feels kind of cheap. BUT, to be honest the product isn't expensive at all so who cares. I would definitely buy this again. There are LOTS of different shades so I feel a lot of people would find a perfect match

on 3/3/2015 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Good points - fabulous range of shades even for super pale people like me. No fragrance or glitters that might irritate. Good value for money compared to Bare Minerals etc. Bad points- this doesn't have much coverage- I can build much better coverage from mac MSF natural for example. It's also a really dry powder compared to Bare Minerals which has more of a glow- on my dry skin this looked terrible. If you are normal/ combo/ oily and are looking for a light coverage or a setting powder with coverage you might like this. If you have dry skin you may find this just too drying .