Chantecaille Rice and Geranium Foaming Cleanser

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

What can I say?

Simply put, this could possibly be the best cleanser in the world. It is highly effective for my oily summer skin. After I started using this I would notice that my skin had a natural glow, which I have never been able to achieve. I was also blown away by the disappearing act my blackheads did! The amount of product you get for the price is much less than traditional cleansers, but it lasts longer since it's so concentrated. Lovely, natural scent that assures you that you're using the best. Very minimalist and high quality.

My main skincare routine consists of this cleanser and the Chantecaille retinal. This is all I need which is so convenient. I do like to play around with other lines and mixmatch, but Chantecaille will always be my holy grail.

Give it a shot!

on 2/6/2015 9:13:00 AM

I absolutely love and swear by this cleanser. It is extremely expensive for a face was at $60 for 2.46 oz but it is worth it to me. You only need a small amount each time you wash your face so it should last a good 7-8 months. I have very sensitive skin and have had no issues using this. My skin feels very soft and afterwards. I have not tried the other products, but I'm sold on this one.

on 5/14/2014 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is a great cleanser for sensitive skin. I received two deluxe samples with skincare sets I'd purchased, so I was able to use this product twice daily for a month or so. Super gentle, left my skin clean and hydrated. Didn't strip my skin of moisture at all, and left it soft and smooth. The only reason I chose another cleanser is because I prefer a separate exfoliant in addition to a foaming cleanser. If you're seeking a 2-in-1 product, this isn't it. Definitely won't provide the level of exfoliation you need. But it's a fantastic everyday cleanser.

on 9/28/2013 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my HG cleanser. I wash my face with this in the morning, and use the SK-II cleanser at night and it has been the best combination for my skin so far.

PROs:

- Smells wonderful, not too fragrant
- Only need a tiny amount (less than pea sized) to wash your whole face
- Leaves my face feeling extremely clean without feeling dry
- Reduced the redness on my face
- Helps control oiliness
- Easy to use, convenient packaging

CONs:

- Very expensive

This cleanser is very expensive but a bottle lasts a very long time. I've had mine for 4 months am not even halfway through yet. A tiny amount foams up nicely and really gets into your pores to clean out any foundation or dirt that may have been trapped. It feels silky smooth on your skin, and even though it gets rid of all the oil (and helps control it throughout the day) my face still feels hydrated afterwards.

Since using it I noticed that my skin has become a lot smoother, and my complexion more even and radiant. People even come up to me and compliment my skin! Definitely worth the money.

on 3/24/2013 10:40:00 PM

This cleanser is the best cleanser I have ever had. I have very sensitive skin which often can get red. The rice is very mild and I don't feel dried out when I wash. I use it only in the evening and then just use their rose water spray in the morning before I moisturize. You only need a small pea size to get a lather for the entire face. When I get to the bottom, I just cut off the tip to get it all out because I love it so much and want to get it all out. I definitely will buy this again, pricey to some however worth it !

on 1/31/2013 2:35:00 PM

Recently got a quite generous sample (1 oz) when I picked up some Just Skin at the Chante counter @ Neiman's in Tysons. This is an excellent cleanser that removes my makeup without inflaming the slight rosacea on my cheeks. It has slight granules from the rice, so it helps to exfoliate too. Love the scent. Took off one point because it is expensive.

on 11/9/2012 2:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a great cleanser, but it is also scary. Here's why:

The good:
It cleans very well. You only need a tiny dot on a fingertip and it will produce a face-worth of foam.

It has basically eradicated any problem I had with adult acne.

The bad:
It is really expensive. I am still working on a 1oz sample size that has lasted me 6 months, so it does last quite a long time, but I still can't justify spending that much on a face wash.

Chanticaille does not release ingredients to the public, on their site or elsewhere. When brands do that, I get angry and then suspicious.

The neither good nor bad:
it stings your eyes, so be careful. It's worth it, though. I am living in the delusion that my sample will last forever and I won't have to have the "you can't buy this" talk with myself.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this cleanser! It is gentle on my combination to oily skin while cleaning all the extra oil and makeup off my face. It is expensive but a little goes a long way. Definitely worth the money

on 4/18/2012 4:29:00 PM

Yes, it's expensive. However, I bought my little tube in August, and now 8 months later, I am only roughly half-way through the tube, having used it every day, at least once a day. This is super-concentrated stuff -- the teensiest dab lathers up beautifully and cleanses thoroughly. I anticipate purchasing a new one by August or so -- $58 for a year's worth of high quality cleanser? Not so bad. So really, while I will admit to having blanched at the price when purchasing, it isn't so expensive after all, especially when considering the quality of the product.
I have sensitive, combination skin, and this cleans without drying or irritating. The texture is luxurious, and I also really appreciate that it isn't heavily scented.
The cherry on top of it all is that the packaging is perfect: a simple tube, incredibly compact and light. I travel a lot, and this absolutely makes such a difference. Those enormous bottles that look beautiful in your bathroom, but leak everywhere and hoard tons of space and weight in your suitcase, are just not practical.
So, in every possible way, I love this product.

on 1/18/2012 12:11:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

You certainly don't need to use very much to get a creamy lather with it and I admit that it seems to cleanse well ...BUT...on me it leaves a residue. One that clogged my skin up really badly after only 3 uses. It smells nice and feels luxurious while you're using it but I'm afraid it's not the ticket for my aging/ combo/ finicky skin. The worst thing is that this product reminds me of a Clinique Foaming Cleanser that I've had samples of in the past. It was the same deal. Skin felt squeaky clean when you were rinsing but had the same residue afterwards. Though I'm sure the Clinique one cost quite a bit less as well. Not happy with this one at all.