December 19, 2014 | 894 users online

Top/Base Coats - INM -- Northern Lights - Hologram Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I had no idea this even existed until someone on Youtube mentioned it. I ran out and looked for it and wow. It's exactly what I have been searching for for a while now. Some of my polishes are very flat and I find myself not wearing them because of it. This topcoat transforms the color into a very very subtle sheen.

It has very micro fine glitter that you can barely see, but it's so pretty on top of anything. It just makes flat nail polishes stand out. I totally recommend this to people like me with some creams that are rather boring or just any polish you want to jazz up a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by flowersgrimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this topcoat. The fine glitter is smooth on the nail, and you can definitely tell its there with the subtle glimmer it gives the nails. I saw this in a tutorial and had to get it right away. Its a unique holographic/glitter topcoat like no other.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Cecee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to top coat! Admittedly, I do paint my nails a lot. And I use sparkles the majority of the time. This is almost ALWAYS the top coat that I use! It is absolutely gorgeous, and just dresses up any color. Another great thing is how quickly and how shiny it dries. Lastly, this top coat never peels from your color! AMAZING. Will repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been drooling over this top coat for several years before I actually bought it. Once I did, I wasn't disappointed at all! I love the way it looks, both by itself and as a top coat to pretty much any color. It dries unbelievably fast and it lasts decently long. My only complaint is that it peels, not like the snapping off kind of peeling either, but rather the once-it-gets-one-snag-the-entire-nailcolor-comes-off peeling. That is why I took off a point on this. I adore it, I really do, but as a topcoat alone it is a total fail. If you want a nice, fine-grained holographic sparkle though (which is what I wanted it for) it is stunning.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by ls468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product though you need a trillion coats to build up a nice holo finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by aryana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a great find! I picked this up at Sally Beauty Supply after being disappointed by the lack of pretty hologram polishes in stores right now. I also picked up Orly's 'rock solid', a medium gray with holo glitter. The latter was a disappointment - the holo glitter seems to get lost when you apply the polish. The Northern Lights topcoat, however, is amazing! I was so impressed by how quickly it dries - faster than any polish I've ever tried. I'll have to find out if they make a normal clear topcoat because the dry time is unbelievable! I applied about 6 coats to my thumb to see how much I could build up the holo effect. You do need several coats to get a really intense effect similar to OPI's My Private Jet and other extreme holo polishes, but it's really not a problem since the dry time is so fast. I'm hoping this will be easy to remove... and I think it will even though I applied so many coats, since the glitter is SO fine, as others have said. The topcoat also gives a really nice hard, shiny finish. Basically, this will turn any polish of yours into a fabulous holo polish. YAY! (I must admit I was a little confused when I saw this in the store, it said holo topcoat but it just looked clear and had what appeared to be a hologram sticker at the bottom. But that was all the glitter settled at the bottom. I've always heard it's bad to shake up nail polish bottles but this actually has a sticker on it that says "shake me up!" which is what you have to do to get the glitter to disperse).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by imergo

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The holographic shimmer in this top coat is VERY fine and subtle. It's a great way to dress up a non-shimmery polish or just to get a few more days wear out of a manicure. It isn't billed as "fast drying" and it's fairly thin, not nearly as thick as Seche Vite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this! I have the silver one. It looks light a super subtle wash of fairy dust on my nails. This isn't chunky, gritty or over the top....this is definitely grown-up shimmer. I got this at Sally's for about 5 dollars and I really enjoy the something extra it gives my pedicures. Looks amazing over any type of polish ~ creme, shimmer, frost. Especially great over nude polishes - it keeps them from being too boring. This is perfect for ANY age, any skin tone. I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by lillybloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful! This makes almost any polish instantly snazzy! No time for a new paint job? A few coats of this on top of anything looks fab! I find I have to shake the hell out of it to get the shimmer evenly dispersed, but it doesn't bubble so it's fine. I've used this as a clear topcoat just by letting everything settle and that works great. Got this at Sally for $5, what a deal! I have the silver, and I think everyone needs this in their stash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by taralynn36

I thought I liked CG Fairy Dust until I picked up this gem. It is so much prettier and CG FD always made my polish chip. This stuff looks great and its not over the top. I'm 38 and I love it. Loved it so much that I just bought the gold version off of eBay. CGFD is going up for swap! This is the only sparkly top coat for me!