December 22, 2014 | 1704 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Mineral Therapy Lotion

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by blackhalo

I see no reviews on this for a long time and the picture is outdated so I hope I'm on the correct product it looks like this now http://www.stives.com/files/products/products/mineralTherapy/product-large.png.
I give it maybe a 3.5, I like it a lot but I don't necessarily love it so much that I don't still want to try other things (including St. Ives own Oatmeal Shea).
My skin is not dry when I use it, so thumbs up there.
The texture is creamy without feeling greasy so goes on very nice, it doesn't dry *immediately* so you have time to rub it around a bit but then you're fine. However it's wet enough I wouldn't use it on your face (I would use Curel on my face, it's quite dry).
The smell is going to be hit or miss with all St. Ives lotions I think, they all smell much stronger to me than most other cheap lotions and the smell lingers enough that I wouldn't personally wear perfume over it. I would describe the scent as that kind of perfumey smell that candles and such with names alluding to the beach smell like - it's not a real scent but because of those candles and such we allude the smell as "beachy".
One thing to watch out for is these little brown bits in it which are minerals I guess, they rub in less easily than the lotion itself and I sometimes miss one or two and see them later.
I really wish St. Ives had unscented lotion (or if they do it's not sold at the stores I visit) because the consistency is probably my favorite of any lotion I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by alohahawaii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this last night. I tried it today and I absolutely love this! It has a lovely scent and its not sticky, yet its moisturizing! How can you go wtong with such a large pump bottle for a little over $4? I don't know if you can use this on facial skin, but I would certainly love to try it. I was using Olay Quench, but for some reason that just simply would not absorb and I felt so sticky! I have tried some of the other St. Ives Lotions, but this one tops the ones I have tried so far. I tried the Vitamin E, Collagen, and the Advanced Healing one.

Update: I originally liked the scent of this, but after wearing it all day at work I wanted to gag! The Collagen one is the one I reach for the most. Same non sticky consistency and smells lighter and less offensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the way this lotion smells! It absorbs quickly and leaves my skin soft. I've repurchased twice and will continue to do so!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This moisturizer smells lovely, gives a nice sheen to the skin and is more on the thicker side. It spreads easily and absorbs quickly, but I always feel like my skin is waxy not moisturized, if that makes any sense.

I really prefer their Whipped Silk one over this, which is lighter but gives me that moisturized feeling instead of the plastic-y barbie doll leg feeling...

Love the new packaging but won't repurchase...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 7:33:00 AM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

on the bottle it says 100% natural moisturizers, but i dont feel like a natural lotion when i use it (smell-wise and ingredient-wise). it is basicly gycerin (2nd main ingredient), and it is very far from being 100% natural with all the CI ingredients in it. so, i call the label false advertising and nothing else. ill finish it using on my legs and feet (do not use it on upper body or face if you have acne prone skin because it contains mineral oil). would definitely not buy or use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by OMGITSSHEA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Looooooove this lotion!!! Its cheap, moisturizes very well, and has a pleasant scent. It never leaves me feeling greasy, and helps give my skin a healthy glow. This is the only lotion Ive used for the past year, and I doubt ill use anything else. My only problem is that its kind of difficult to find. I always buy like 3or 4 at a time just to make sure I never run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by siouxie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, this is more like a balm than a lotion, and that is peachy w/ me. I'm dryer than the Sahara, so this thick, beautifully fragrant moisturizer fits the bill for me. I bought this @ a local (non-chain) drug store for $4.99 for 18 oz. size. I'm so glad I did because I love it, and so does my skin : D !

I gave the packaging a 3 because it took some gymnastics to get the pump to spit out freaking anything!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love how moisturizing this body lotion is. I have tried other store brands and this one is by far the most effective in hydrating my legs and I notice that the effect last for days so I don't need to use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

You know, I have always wanted this lotion since it came out (2007?) but it was almost always sold out whenever I remembered to look for it. I found this the other day and picked up a bottle to replace my empty Johnson & Johnson Softlotion (which I love but I wanted to try something new). I have been mixing a few pumps of the Mineral Lotion with a squirt of lavander baby oil (Johnson's) and applying the mixture from neck to toe. It keeps me hydrated for a full 24 hours when it is time for my next shower. I was using BBW Amber (the heavier lotion in the tube) but I was still getting itchy areas on my legs and near my ankles.

The baby oil/lotion solution is a perfect one, probably works well with any lotion (ya, probably the Amber one I already have, too, but I really wanted this!) so you might try that if you are looking for winter skin solutions. The lotion helps the oil absorb so you are not a big oily mess. I still wear my robe when I do my makeup and dry my hair, though, just to make sure it has all absorbed before getting dressed.

I will stick with this routine until spring--I love how it feels. I am not sure about how noticeable the scent is (true on the cucumber/sea like smell) and how it works with my perfume (main reason for using the Amber to begin with) but it seems to be pretty subtle.

Packaging: the pump can get a little asthmatic, just because the lotion is somewhat thick. I will buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I loooove all St. Ives lotions in general, and this one was no different. It absorbs incredibly fast and leaves your skin baby smooth, although I did take off a lippie because it doesn't seem like the hydration lasts as long as I need it to, especially in winter. (I would suggest getting the St. Ives 24-hour lotion for dryer days/seasons, that one's a bit heavier). The smell is noticeable but quite lovely, although I can't pinpoint exactly what it seems like because it's not flowery or honey-like. It just smells very warm and homey.

Also, for a 18 oz. bottle, I only had to pay around $3.50, which is cheaper than even the Vaseline lotions (which I don't like nearly as much). Considering that St. Ives lotions are 100% natural and work just as well (if not better) as other types of lotion, this is a fantastic deal!