October 1, 2014 | 1967 users online

Treatments - Paula's Choice - Cuticle and Nail Treatment

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a short term solution for dry nails. This can last for twenty minutes if you are careful not to touch anything or wash your hands. If you apply this before applying a clear coat of nail polish for say a French manicure this will make them look shinier.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by rachl809

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Cuticle & Nail Treatment on and off for a few months now, so I cannot complain about how long it lasts. The biggest downside is the packaging of the click pen, where the oil comes out in big globs which makes it hard to apply. A minor nuisance, but if you are using it be aware to wait after clicking to see how much product comes up! The oil definitely softens my cuticles and nails, and I use it before trimming my cuticles before a mani. The only reason I would not buy again is price, I think the same attributes of this product can be found in cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2009 4:42:00 AM More reviews by since2009

I was overly obsessed with trimming my cuticles because they were hard and a lot of time if I forget to trim, the corners tear from the nail bed.....oouch!

I was at a rut with my cuticles, if I trim it too much it hurts but if I don't trim enough it feels hard and tough. So I ended up with reddish angry looking and sore cuticles.

Then one day I bumped into Paula's book and I read about how we should leave our cuticles alone and just let it grow and it will be "normal" again. I really wanted to try this but I know unless I have something to moisturise my cuticles, they would split before it heals and so I bought this cuticle and nail treatment.

I thought it was expensive for the amount of product you get at this price, but I was desperat and so I hand the green over and took this home.

It's good, it moisturises my cuticles well, but you can't use this on the rest of your hand, and you won't want to given how expensive it is and how little product is in the pen. Very portable and easy to use packaging.

A few weeks has past and I'm very pleased to say that my cuticles are now looking really good, healthy, intact and moisturised.

Unfortunately, because it's quite expensive I really won't be buying again after I finish the one I've got. Besides, I found the perfect substitute: LUSH's Lemony Flutter, it cost less and have way way way more product than this click pen. Yes the packing is not as potable and user friendly, but because this balm is multi-purpose and can be used all over the hands I am moving on.

Overall I'm very grateful for this product because it helped my cuticles so much, and just love the click pen applicator - had it been not as easy to use I would've probably still have unsightly cuticles due to lazyness. XP

~~~~~~~Update on the "perfect substitute"~~~~~~~
Been using LUSH's Lemony Flutter for a couple of days all over the hands, my cuticles looks great BUT my hands aren't doing so great, something in this product gave me "contact dermatitis" !!! T^T

Needless to say, I'm now stuck with a ginormous pot of Lemony Flutter.... 0_o

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Trilliana

Got this for free, so can't complain about the price :) I use it at the office and apply it when I remember to - usually if the cold has worsened my cuticles and it works nicely, and makes my cuticles soft and moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2007 9:15:00 AM More reviews by nat83

This product has very good moisturising ingredients and I thought it would make a good lip balm (Paula says it can double up as a lip blam or "on the spot" treatment for dry areas). I'd rate it as an above average lip balm but it didn't last very long (I think it lasted less than a month or so) and absorbed a bit too quickly (which I guess is good if you're using it as a nail/cuticle treatment). So I don't think it's worth the money as a lip balm or treatment for dry skin, and I think any kind of oil you can get from a health food store (e.g. almond oil) would make a cheaper, equally effective nail/cuticle treatment

Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil (plant-based emollient oil), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (nut-based emollient), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil (non-volatile plant oil/antioxidant), Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone/skin-conditioning agent), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (non-volatile plant oils/antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

A nice product, but as with a lot of PC products they need to rethink the packaging. It's in a click pen which seems very convenient, but this one leaks horribly. When I received mine, about half of it had already leaked out in transit. It then leaked all over a drawer creating a huge mess. Now most of it is gone and I've only actually used it a few times. While it's a nice cuticle oil, I will not repurchase unless they redesign the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Bliss149

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this mainly for the packaging which fits in my purse. My cuticles were HORRIBLE. This seems to have helped and my nails have picked up a little length as well. What I like is having this with me to apply frequently, which I wouldn't do with a tube of hand cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2006 2:29:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

The applicator on this product deserves a 5 but the cuticle moisurizer itself doesn't do enough for my cuticles to make this a homerun. I like that it absorbs quickly but I will look down in a couple of hours and my cuticles look as dry and as ragged as before I applied this. I thought maybe with continued use my cuticles would improve enough to rec this but still no improvement so I say get another product for cuticle improvement. Now if I could just figure out to get a better oil in this neat applicator...
Bottom line: 1 lipstick for the cuticle oil; 5 for the applicator which evens out to just a 3.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2006 1:23:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

UPDATE (01/12/07): Lowered my rating on this. It's just so-so. I've found using Cetaphil's new Therapeutic Hand Cream to be more effective. It contains shea butter as well. If I massage a small bit into each nailbed, my cuticles remain moisturized and healthy-looking.

UPDATE (11/08/06): A little soon perhaps to update but I have noticed a difference by NOT using this at bedtime. I've upped my rating to 4 lippies. Will update again in a month.

At first I liked this since it seems to absorb quickly. However, about a half-hour after using it, my cuticles don't seem very moisturized. Overall, there is some minor improvement in the health of my cuticles but it doesn't seem as effective as Solar Oil. Plus, I've only used it for two weeks and it's half-gone. It certainly isn't very economical.

This is just very average IMO.

INGREDIENTS:
Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed Oil) (plant-based emollient oil),
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (nut-based emollient), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil (non-volatile plant oil/antioxidant), Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone/skin-conditioning agent), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (non-volatile plant oils/antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant). continued >>