Cover Girl TruBlend Naturally Luminous Blush - Shimmering Sands

3.4

on 5/7/2013 8:06:00 PM

I like this blush. The pretty sparkle with a slight splash of color. I don't know that I would classify this product as blush though. It is very sheer with sparkle, if you aren't a glitter girl you will hate this. I like this for all over sheer sparkle and color n my Casper white skin and it works like a charm but not so much for blush. More of a highlighter type product. Not for dark tones. Can be used all over for nice color, large container lasts forever, dirt cheap. The puff is ok and I like loose powder products with sifters to avoid mess which this has. I've only tried shimmering sands so I cannot speak to other shades. Not HG but good would buy again.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm usually not a fan of Cover Girl products, but I like this blush! it's a very "no brainer" blush for me, PPP that I am, and it does show up as a soft blendable peach with golden shimmer. I love it. It's like NARS Orgasm, but only 25% of the impact so it's very natural looking. I bought this on sale, and it's a huge amount so I know I'll never run out. Great value.

on 10/11/2012 5:13:00 PM

Even though this product has shimmer, I really like it for an everyday highlighter. The shimmer is not very noticeable unless you're hardcore staring at your skin in direct sunlight -- aka not a normal circumstance. There isn't much color, which makes it perfect for my medium, olive-toned skin.

You also get a ton of product and if you use as little as I do (with the shimmer, a little goes a long way) you'll be using this for a while. I've used it every day for the last three months and the container still looks full. Of course, it's also a size that doesn't make it travel-friendly.

The puff that comes with it is cute, but impractical. I keep it in the container to keep the cap from getting messy. I apply with a blush brush.

Overall, I like the product as a highlighter and it will last me a long time. By the time I'm done with it though, I will probably be in the mood to try something new.

on 9/22/2012 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

When I first saw it at Target, I thought I just had to buy it! The color was pretty and the packaging was cute and pearly! The color was pretty, but not true to the sample tabs... Not even true to its color at all. I guess I was kind of stupid because the package says SHIMMERING SANDS. I should have expected it. This has gold shimmery undertones. It's extremely noticeable on the face... And the pink color shows up only a tad bit on my skin tone (fair-medium). It's very sheer... Unless you like gold shimmery undertones, then sure. But, I did NOT like this product! I am going to try and return it. );

on 1/31/2012 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is probably the worst blush I've ever purchased. The color pay-off is terrible... You wind up with a bunch of glitter on your cheeks and none of the pretty pinkish color in the tub. Also, this stuff makes my skin SO irritated and I don't have especially sensitive skin at all. I like the tub and it'd be a good value if, ya know, it actually worked... but it is just not a good purchase as far as I'm concerned.

on 1/5/2012 7:15:00 AM

Disappointed.

This hardly has any pigment and the only thing that shows up on my (PALE!) skin is glitter. I purchased this wanting a blush with SHIMMER, not a colourless GLITTER powder. The only thing this is good for is making me glimmer like Edward in the sunlight. Ew. The only time I can envision this being worn is out clubbing- which I don't do. EVER.

I got two of these for $6 on special and if I didn't get them so cheap I think I'd be pretty pissed. The open one is getting binned, the unopened one is being swapped away.

on 12/18/2011 9:06:00 AM

I was strolling through my local Rite Aid last night and saw tons of 75% off labels down the makeup isle, and there was a sticker on this stuff, so I got it for $2. I tried it when I got home and I think it's real nice! Soft pretty sparkle and not overwhelming. Just enough to give the apple of your cheeks and bridge of nose slight shimmer. This tub is huge, so I think it will take me VERY long time to go through it!

on 10/21/2010 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this! The only makeup I really wear is this and my Eyelights mascara, and it makes me look fresh, natural and smooth.

It seems bottomless. I've had the same can for more than 5 years now, and I'm not even close to half finished with it ... and it's not like I never use it. I know I should buy a fresh one, but it still smells the same as when I bought it, so I figure it hasn't gone bad yet.

it's a good blush, but apply it in short amounts because it can make you look sunburned. its really great for fair skin though!!

on 8/4/2010 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great Product! A little expensive for a drugstore brand though, I bought 2 (shimmering sands and pure romance) when they were on sale at Wal Mart and I also had a $3 off coupon. I threw away the puff they come with, but I think they give the prettiest sheen to my skin, out of the 2 colors shimmering sands is more versatile as I wear it on my body too.
Would def re-purchase!