New York Color Anti-Shine Stick

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/26/2008 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this stick because I was fed up with my oily skin that would need touching-up every friggin' five minutes. Let me tell you: this pencil does not do the job. And the smell is quite nauseating. I did a test drive, and my skin oiled up within about 15 minutes of applying it. It sat in my makeup drawer for a couple months or so when one day I got bored and decided to try it as an eyeshadow base as some others had suggested. Well, it makes your eyeshadow pop! I first powdered my lids, applied Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and then I dabbed a bit of this on my lids with my ring finger. I find it quite useful for this. If you do this, just make sure you don't apply too much, or it will crease, obviously. Although it's pretty good for an eyeshadow base, I don't think I would purchase this again.

on 1/30/2008 5:40:00 PM

i have a habit of buying products before even reading the helpful reviews here on MUA. i always end up getting buyer's remorse when i end up reading bad reviews on some of the products i've bought. fortunately for me, this product turned out pretty well.

i don't use this for its intended purpose, i bought this specifically as an eyeshadow primer. and let me tell you, for less than 2 USD (and with a BOGO offer at Ulta) it's pretty freaking amazing! i actually LOL-ed when i read the last reviewer's comment about not even bothering to use this an eyeshadow primer cause i thought i was f-ed, lol. but i've been using this for 4 days straight and i think that it's well worth the try. i guess the trick to this is not to put on so much (that way it won't be greasy and cause your e/s to crease). i just line my eyelids very lightly with this stick and gently dab that all over with my finger. then i go ahead with the e/s. very awesome! i've used the clinique eye primer before but i'd say that this works just as well. higly recommended product for sure!

This is *exactly* like Benefit's Dr. Feelgood, but in stick form. Same yellowish white color and everything. That being said; it works just as crappily (is that even a word?) too. It did nothing to control shine, and just sat on top of my skin feeling gross. I guess if you like Dr. Feelgood you would probably like this though, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

on 10/31/2006 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I wasn't expecting this to work since it was so cheap ($1.99), but it really does. Basically it's a fat mattifying stick that you apply to oil-prone areas and rub into your skin. Doesn't smell weird or anything, but you'll need a huge sharpener.

Popular Treatments (Face)