October 1, 2014 | 1141 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Color Riche Star Secrets - 714 Blush Scarlett

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Abrakadeborah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had to resort to buying this gorgeous lipstick on Ebay. I used up the 2 tubes I bought on clearance and fell in love with the shade! When it starts to wear off it leaves a beautiful subtle silver shimmer. I just bought 3 new tubes on Ebay! :) I wish they had not of stopped making it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this shade, although it is difficult to get hold of, I can't seem to find it in any of the drugstores neer me. I bought mine off the internet, also at a fraction of the price!
Scarlett is a beautiful pink, with def. peachy undertones but I have a cool toned skin and it still looks great. What I really like about it is the texture, it is very sheer and wearable. Most pinks I try are always opaque, this is a great daytime shade and I will stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Chocobunny

I found this in the clearance bin at my local Chemist Warehouse (an Australian chainstore), which didn't provide testers so I bought it sight unseen for $4.95 with only the little colour label on the base of the tube to go by... and I'm glad I did! This has easily become my favourite day-to-day lipstick and I'm desperately searching for backups... hey if anyone knows a good dupe let me know! Have had it a few months and still love it as much as I did on day one.

I don't share Scarlett's colouring but this is a versatile, glowy peachy pink with a sprinkling of silver shimmer in a sheer formula (though not too sheer, good payoff considering it's so moist) that I imagine could work on anyone.

Some reviewers think the packaging is ugly... I'm embarassed now because I find it quite stylish (Scarlett's signature is embossed in gold on the cap). I'm fairly certain it is a different shade from Laetitia's Blush but if they're at all similar I'd like to try that too!

As previous reviewer warns, it is scented with the L'Oreal lipstick fragrance, it's not my favourite thing in the world but manageable (that's the price you'll pay for such a pretty colour!).

All in all an unexpected find, the Star Secrets range seemed a bit "old" for me (I'm 24 and can't pull off lilac shimmer nudes on my lips, hello Aishwarya!) but L'Oreal were onto a winner with this one.

EDITED TO ADD: This requires a liner, I should have mentioned that before!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by danai

I'd been searching for the perfect pink lipstick for me - even though I'm not that much of a lipstick person - and I'm quite sure this is it. The color is gorgeous on me (fair complexion, blond hair) but I can't iimagine it looking bad on anybody. It's rather natural and understated, even though it does contain a little bit of shimmer. The texture is creamy and nice and goes on rather smooth. Doesn't seem to dry out lips at all.
I only have to complain about two things: first, it doesn't stay on that long. Second, the smell, which is the same on any L'Oreal lipstick I've ever tried. It's exactly what most ladies in MUA describe: strong, old-lady-flowery, a bit sickening. I just can't imagine why L'Oreal make their lippies smell like this; I mean, what's the point of a lippie smelling like granny parfume?
Other than that this is one of the very few lippies I like wearing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by 1tinky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The shade Blush Scarlett #714 is a lovely natural light pink with silver shimmer. Great on those with not so pigmented lips. Would be gorgeous on a PPP, though most skintones would look pretty in this fleshy pale pink. Long lasting, with a gel like texture, it is subtle for evening and pretty for daytime wear I think I will repurchase should I ever run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2007 3:44:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I purchased this last November when I was in Paris visiting with my super MUA friend Yeyette. Other reviewers have described the color quite well... it looks good on my medium-pink lips - sort of lightens them and adds a peachy-pink shimmer. It's also very moisturizing and has a gel-like texture. I don't think this is available in the US, but the color that is very close to it is Laetitia's Blush (which I also have). It looks nearly the same, except one is pinker while the other is peacher.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by kurikumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yikes! 8 USD for a loreal drugstore lipstick! *pinches self* it figures when walgreens has BOGOF, its never there!

Anyway, seeing as to how the other reviewers are not from the US, I am assuming this lipstick to be the same as Laetita's Blush , here in the US.

There is no visible number on the tube, so I cannot verify if it is indeed number 714, but it would be too much of a coincidence for 2 lipsticks in the star secrets range to be named Blush. Also, Scarlett is not included as one of the celebrities in the US range.

This is a fresh, neutral, creamy pink with maybe a hint of peach and a bit of Chunky shimmer. I say Chunky, but it isn't as gritty as I thought it should be. if you rub your lips together you might feel the microglitter/shimmer, but its not uncomfortable, and well worth it for the wonderful pink shade!

Its very moisturizing, and requires no lipbalm prior to application. It has that strong perfume scent, so 1 lipstick off.

I rarely pay full price for a drugstore lipstick, but I am glad I did for this. it was worth every penny, and I might consider a backup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2007 4:27:00 PM More reviews by RedKiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this lipstick!
I'm a PPP and have very pale lips and this works like a dream.
It's moisturising and has a pleasant subtle scent which i would mostly describe as a light fragranced violet vanilla.
The colour is a light peachy pink and has small pretty sparkles. This lipstick lasted approx 3 hours on me with nothing else on.
I'd definitley purchase this one again! It's such a beautiful colour. This is now one of my very few HG l/s!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2006 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Nanna1972

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Iīm a brunette with olive skin and fairly pigmented lips - not at all like Scarlett, but this color really looks nice on me anyways. On my lips I get a skincolored/slightly pink color with fine (not to much) silver shimmer in it, that doesnīt look unnatural, and can be worn during daytime. The color looks very natural and downplayed (in a good way) on me. I dont like the lipstickcontainer. It actually broke the first time, so I had to replace it. It also look a little cheap and has Scarletts signature written on it. I wouldnīt buy again, though, but thatīs because it will probarbly take me for ages to use this up. I donīt wear lipstick on a regular basis. All in all a nice, downplayed color that suits many skincolors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2006 3:37:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Scarlett Johanssen's contribution to the L'Oreal Star Secrets collection, which to me is the best of the bunch! Gorgeous muted peachy pink cream with subtle ultra fine silver shimmers. Looks rather sheer on my hand but shows up so nicely on my pigmented lips. Looove it! A backup is a must!
Edited to add that this is Laetitia's Blush in the US, not to be confused with the metallic pink Laetitia's Champagne which is a different colour all together. Seems everywhere I go, I find different collections with different colours...