Joey New York Pure Pores Foundation

3.4

on 1/14/2013 7:56:00 PM

This was my favorite foundation and now it is discontinued. I would trade one of my children for a bottle of this!!!! I'm bummed!!

on 10/31/2009 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is a unique one, i will give it that. The texture of the foundation is very thin. It has a silicon in it (which typically i really like in a makeup). My pores arent too terribly big to begin with, but i can see how this product would work to reduce pores. I however, couldnt even leave this on my skin. The weather is getting cooler which for me means mega dry skin. This itched on my face like crazy! I would definitely not recommend it for anyone with dry or even combo skin as the dry areas would definitely be accentuated. The other negative part of this product is the color selection. Now i would be interested in testing a lighter color in the summer when my skin gets much less dry. The color i had a sample of was Light Beige and light beige it is not! Funny i tested this on Halloween because i was thinking, well at least i could do myself up like a pumpkin! Yes, it was that orange. I would never be able to leave the house this way. Again, maybe a little better in summer months.
I did test adding my Select Moisture Cover concealer by MAC on top of eyes, etc and it did blend into is flawlessly which was a plus. But i would never buy this product for my kit as the reviews for it are way too up and down. Recommendation: Never buy this product without a sample first.

on 7/6/2009 8:07:00 AM

I picked this up for cheap at Marshalls and was excited to try it. When I first used it I was extremely happy abt the coverage. My pores did look beautiful...but...after abt three hours it looked hideous on my skin. Pools of foundation in the pores is not a pretty sight at all! I tossed this!

on 8/27/2008 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i had this fnd and loved it at the time. my skin has since changed, i now have rosacea, but when i just wanted to hide some larger pores, this worked great, magical really. i loved it!

on 7/9/2008 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is extremely silicone-heavy, and has the same dry oil feel of many primers on the market. It's designed to mattify and camouflage pores, both of which it does fairly decently but only for about an hour or so. When first applied it emphasizes any dryness or flakes, and pretty soon after it begins to fade and becomes greasy. I was also disappointed that I was unable to find a decent color match as the lightest shade is far too pale for me, and the next one too dark. This isn't awful, but there are much better pore-masking foundations out there.

on 2/6/2008 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm perplexed. I have oily skin with very large pores. I have been using Prescriptives Virtual skin and liking it. However, when I read about a foundation that actually minimized pores, I had to give it a try. The color was not a good match. That was not, however, the worst part. The foundation seeped into my pores to the point where is looked like I had pools of accumulated foundation. Is there something I'm missing? Rather than minimize pores, it actually accentuated every pore and every line on my face.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Waste of money, period.

on 12/4/2006 6:47:00 PM

This is a pretty good foundation for people with big pores. I was introduced to it for my oily skin and it did do the trick. The applicator is strange, it's like a little pad. It does blend in nicely with my skin though, not sure about the pore minimizing part

on 10/20/2005 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The last post, stated it made poers largeer, maybe it was someting you used before the foundation. because this stuff rocks for minimizing pores.I use this only on the poers and then on cheeks and over top, my other foundations, depending on the day or time of year. but I hope they never stop making this. If anything please make better color choices and slightly more coverage. Although this seems to cover well, I still have freckles showing etc. But this is the only sort of product out there like it. Jerome Alexander made something similar. No Longer. so ladies learn to work with this, or they may discontinuie it. And it is a must in you collection. It's that airbrushed look in a bottle!!

on 10/7/2005 9:43:00 PM

Sad sad sad...I got this as a sample and my cheeks and forehead looked LOVELY, I mean FLAWLESS...I was ready to toss my revered Bobbi Brown to the crows. Then I looked at my nose and chin...the foundation had settled into the pores and they looked terrible. I tried so hard! I patted a little extra into those areas to see if it would even out, I tried powder...alas. This did not work for my large pores. But for people with smaller pores, I totally recommend trying a sample. I think this can be fantastic on the right skin.