October 31, 2014 | 936 users online

Palettes - Make Up For Ever - Essential Eyes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by nakobear

Jojoba did a wonderful job describing the colors below so I won't go into detail about each of the shades. Rather, I want to add that this was the first MUFE purchase for me and has started a new MUFE addiction for me. The eye shadows are such wonderful quality and are really comparable to the quality of Stila's shadows. I don't even want to use MAC anymore after using MUFE. The best thing that I got from this kit has to be the eyeliner. I have really oily lids and rarely, if ever use pencil liner but the waterproof eye liner really stays put. I love the texture of it and how it doesn't have to be warmed up like a lot of other pencil liners out there. It doesn't tug at all. This set was such a bargain and a great way for those who like neutrals or haven't tried MUFE to try this great line. The eye shadow palette is great to carry around in my purse for touch-ups during the day or to take your daytime look to a nighttime look. I have to agree that the eye shadow applicator is total crap but otherwise, I am very satisfied with the kit. The box is a bit useless too but I use it to store my everyday stuff so I can find my basics easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2007 9:36:00 PM More reviews by SusanW530

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the Essential Eyes kit as a Christmas present. It is a neutral brown shade palette with three shadows, 2 Star powders and a black pearl liner.
It also has a DVD to show how to apply for different looks.
I tried it today, put it on at 8am and my eyes still looked perfect at 8pm. I have very oily eyelids, and I was amazed.....no fading, smuding.....just perfect. Goodbye Mac....
S.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by skygirl78

I really like this set. I have blue eyes and these shadows make my eyes really pop as do most warm brown shades. I just wish my dvd was in English (my dvd was defective and did not have the English added to it). I only had the french version. So I had to watch her as I do not understand French. I still learned a little. I too wish she used brushes and not the sponge applicator. Anyway this was my first time trying MUFE and I really like her stuff. If you are interested in trying MUFE this is a great set and worth the money IMO. I have already added more MUFE products to my ever growing pile of cosmetics. I would not buy this set again as I don't think I will ever finish it. But I will by another set if they come out with one next holiday season.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2006 5:06:00 PM More reviews by a67penguin

This is a great collection of neutral eyeshadows that (I imagine) flatter everyone's coloring because they are basic brown. The pressed eyeshadow palette is similar to any of Bobbi Brown's, i.e., a three pan with rectangular mirror. The full sized colors are light beigey shimmery (champagne), medium netural taupe and a mahogony deep brown (very similar to the BB shade).All three are excellent quality. Really-- the quality is just top flight. You also receive a full sized black waterproof liner-- again, the quality is fantastic. I tried it on my hand at the store, and hours later (and after several handwashings), the line still remains. You also receive two star powders-- unfortunately, they are really small. What they lack in size, though, they make up for in quality. Though I normally dislike pigments because they're messy, these are a joy to work with.

There's also a DVD that I haven't watched, yet. I'll update you once I have.

UPDATE: the video is actually fairly good to watch. It doesn't work on my TV DVD, rather I have to watch it on my computer drive. Perhaps that was the other reviewer's problem with it. At any rate, it isn't exactly a high budget video, but it suffices. I wish Dany spent more time showing you how to use the palette and other stuff with real brushes, rather than the dumb sponge tipped applicator that is included in the set (throw that out right away). She has three "looks" showcased: day, night and "fete" aka party-time! I can't say I learned much, but it was nice to see her technique up close. Dany describes what she does in French, then there's woman who translates it for us dumb American types. (haha). Seriously-- it is worth watching once. At the end, Dany tells the "MUFE" backstory-- this is sort of a waste and not too interesting, unless you like makeup history or something. Doesn't change my overall rating-- this is a great set!

Perfect for x-mas/Hannukah gift season-- make sure you get yourself one too or you'll be sorry you didn't!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2006 11:12:00 AM More reviews by beentheredonethat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you are a fan of taupe, then you need to run, not walk, to Sephora for this MUFE kit. Inside of a sort of hokey faux mini train case is a palette with 3 e/s, 2 small star powders and a deep grey waterproof eye pencil, along with an instructional dvd, which none of you mavens need anyway, and good thing I didn't because it was damaged. This irked me because I think Dany is sort of kooky and I wanted to see her do her thing with m/u and the heavy accent but such was not to be. Anyway. The e/s- totally fab quality, long-lasting with primer (UD's): a pale nude/champagne shimmer, like Stila Kitten but not frosty, totally day appropriate; a mid-tone taupe crease color, barely shimmered; and a dark taupe, I would call this a stone or rock color, also barely shimmered. The star powders: a white with yellow/green/pink shimmers and a peach with silvery shimmers, both of which can be combined in countless ways with the e/s to make evening appropriate looks. If I were a minimalist, I swear to you I could throw out every e/s and pencil and shimmery BE type thing I own, well, except for my Shu ME 945, and be happy forever. Retails for $60, and it's LE. It's a pretty good deal if you add it up.