July 29, 2014 | 1637 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer - Hydrating

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by ymillie

I'm on my second tube!! I really like this primer because it doesn't have that silicone feeling, which I really don't like. It comes out as a nice refreshing white gel that goes on transparent and sits nicely on my skin. I like how it has some hydration to it, since my skin is starting to get a bit drier as I age.
Packaging could be a bit better, I find a lot of product comes out even with a gentle squeeze. Price is ok ,but it has quite a lot of product, 40mL.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by jpxstarz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this primer because it didn't do justice for my face. Everytime, I put this primer on, I have a burning sensation for a couple of minutes. It didn't hydrated my face. I still have dry patches after using this primer for days. The price is a bit expensive, but I willing to invest something to improve my makeup foundation staying power. It didn't do anything for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I actually bought this primer a couple years ago. Finished it up and forgot about it. I really did not like this primer because it didn't help with the stay of my makeup. It felt more like a moisturizer than a primer. For me it had no properties of a primer (i.e. filling in fine lines, blurring pores, longevity, etc). Maybe it works for others but for me it was a dud.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by carolinka112

Amazing primer! I have really dry skin in the winter. So dry that usually no amount of exfoliating and moisturizing will prevent flaking. I recently found a routine that keeps my skin relatively hydrated and flake free (Clairasonic + Clinique moisturizer). However I found that wearing makeup for any significant length of time lead to dry patches and it practically melting off in some areas. I went to Sephora to try to find a primer that would help my make up last and was given a sample of MUFE HD primer. While is was an okay primer it didn't really solve any of my problems. I then got a sample of the Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer after reading a few reviews and it definitely works. My makeup stays on all day, my skin is hydrated and doesn't flake, and it doesn't get that shiny throughout the day. Best primer for dry winter skin, could not be any happier :).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Likes:
Hydrating
Lightweight
Dewy finish, but not greasy or oily

Dislikes:
- Texture: it is a little bit too wet for my liking when I first put it on my skin. It takes a few rubs around my face before the product actually absorbs into the skin. Once the product is absorbed, it doesn't feel like I have any product on.

At $32, I wouldn't jump at buying this again once I run out. I would probably spend some time trying to find cheaper options. The stand-out benefit of this product is that it hydrates & nourishes my skin. Yes, this product does its job in creating a smooth canvas for the rest of your makeup, but most primers do that if you compare it to putting makeup on just your bare skin. If you compare this primer with others, I can't say it's at all "amazing" or "does wonders." When I do wear makeup (usually medium to full coverage), I find that my MAC foundation still rubs off, but my Dior Airflash doesn't. Not sure if it's the awesomeness of the foundation itself, or the primer itself, or the combination. Someone told me that most of LM's products work best when used together.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by nursecatie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Smashbox primer, I love the velvety feel I get with it. However I really have been having difficulty getting my skin to look good again so alas I carted my naked fact to the Laura Mercier counter at Von Maur and she turned me on to this primer. I still use my moisterizer first (as she told me to) and then I apply this. It really does help smooth out my skin for when I put on my foundation. You only have to use a little! This will last me a long time. You get what you pay for with this primer! And if you are looking for something to smooth out your skin and prep for foundation you need to give this a try!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Jyfh

Pros: Very easy to apply. Makes my face super smooth. Oil free. Holds my foundation in place throughout the days. Cons: It's a bit pricey but for 1.7oz, it's worth it if you have the money to splurge on it! Skin Type I have is combination oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by lady_vanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love love LOVE this primer. I have a very dry skin and unlike most heavy silicone-based primers out there, it isn't drying out my skin. It is moisturizing and have a cooling effect on my skin. Take note that this primer does contain silicone unlike her other primers. However, this don't blur out imperfections or pores like most primers such as Loreal Magic Perfecting Base or Lancome La Base Pro, etc. This does leave the skin moisturized and silky smooth for tinted moisturizer or foundation application after. It did help my tinted moisturizer stay a bit longer and it didn't make my tinted moisturizer or foundation patchy at the end of the day. I didn't break out from this primer either.

For 1.7oz, I don't think this is expensive at all. Will keep repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

This is the second Laura Mercier primer I've tried after the Foundation Primer-Mineral. And I still cannot convince myself to like their primer even though my best friend is deeply in love with the primer. It is indeed very hydrating that it is almost like a face moisturiser. After using it, I have not experienced anything that it claims. It does not make you skin smoother, doen not contain any sun screen, does not help your foundation to stay longer, and it is very expensive for what it is! £27/30ml and it only lasted me for a month and a half. I really wish I could like this primer but I really can't.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by mandyfkm

A good hydrating premier that make ur makeup last long. I have combination skin, and I use it on my dry areas (face) before applying the LM silk cream foundation. For T-zone I use an oil-control premier. With LM's mineral powder as the setting powder, the whole makeup is long lasting and it doesn't oxidise. I haven't given full points since I haven't tried it in summer. Lasting power yet to see.