Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Hydrating

3.7

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, PEG/PPG-18/18, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sucrose Distearate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Phenooxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Xylitylglucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Anhydroxylitol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Xylitol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Tripotassium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbardensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470)

Laura Mercier really outdid themselves. This primer is really, really great. I do find that it hydrates my dry skin. It also helps my foundation stay on all day. I don't find that it helps with my skin's texture that much. However, it's a hydrating primer (so I didn't expect it to really help with texture that much).

It's awesome.

on 12/1/2014 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I purchased this primer when the 20% Sephora sale was going on. I'm very happy that I did. I have very sensitive dry skin that is easily clogged. This primer has helped me wear the foundations that have been lying around that I've been unable to wear because my skin was just too flakey. I've noticed that I haven't had any new breakouts since using this.

My only complaint is that while it still has some 'cones in it to hide some of the flakiness the witch hazel and alcohol in the primer have a tendency to dry my skin out a bit if I wear it all day every day.

I just need to find a slightly thicker moisturizer and I have a feeling this will be one of my favorite primers!

on 10/8/2014 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I decided to splurge on primer and buy this one after reading reviews for it, most if them good. The first day I used it I noticed a difference! My pores looked smaller, less noticeable and my makeup stayed on all day. I have sensitive skin, but this didn't upset my skin at all. Love this primer!

on 8/30/2014 11:33:00 PM

Perfect primer for very dry skin. Primes skin for a flawless finish that lasts all day. Will definitely buy again.

on 7/2/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my second tube!! I really like this primer because it doesn't have that silicone feeling, which I really don't like. It comes out as a nice refreshing white gel that goes on transparent and sits nicely on my skin. I like how it has some hydration to it, since my skin is starting to get a bit drier as I age.
Packaging could be a bit better, I find a lot of product comes out even with a gentle squeeze. Price is ok ,but it has quite a lot of product, 40mL.

on 4/1/2014 2:44:00 PM

I don't like this primer because it didn't do justice for my face. Everytime, I put this primer on, I have a burning sensation for a couple of minutes. It didn't hydrated my face. I still have dry patches after using this primer for days. The price is a bit expensive, but I willing to invest something to improve my makeup foundation staying power. It didn't do anything for me.

on 1/26/2014 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually bought this primer a couple years ago. Finished it up and forgot about it. I really did not like this primer because it didn't help with the stay of my makeup. It felt more like a moisturizer than a primer. For me it had no properties of a primer (i.e. filling in fine lines, blurring pores, longevity, etc). Maybe it works for others but for me it was a dud.

on 1/1/2014 10:01:00 AM

Amazing primer! I have really dry skin in the winter. So dry that usually no amount of exfoliating and moisturizing will prevent flaking. I recently found a routine that keeps my skin relatively hydrated and flake free (Clairasonic + Clinique moisturizer). However I found that wearing makeup for any significant length of time lead to dry patches and it practically melting off in some areas. I went to Sephora to try to find a primer that would help my make up last and was given a sample of MUFE HD primer. While is was an okay primer it didn't really solve any of my problems. I then got a sample of the Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer after reading a few reviews and it definitely works. My makeup stays on all day, my skin is hydrated and doesn't flake, and it doesn't get that shiny throughout the day. Best primer for dry winter skin, could not be any happier :).

on 7/29/2013 8:23:00 PM

Likes:
Hydrating
Lightweight
Dewy finish, but not greasy or oily

Dislikes:
- Texture: it is a little bit too wet for my liking when I first put it on my skin. It takes a few rubs around my face before the product actually absorbs into the skin. Once the product is absorbed, it doesn't feel like I have any product on.

At $32, I wouldn't jump at buying this again once I run out. I would probably spend some time trying to find cheaper options. The stand-out benefit of this product is that it hydrates & nourishes my skin. Yes, this product does its job in creating a smooth canvas for the rest of your makeup, but most primers do that if you compare it to putting makeup on just your bare skin. If you compare this primer with others, I can't say it's at all "amazing" or "does wonders." When I do wear makeup (usually medium to full coverage), I find that my MAC foundation still rubs off, but my Dior Airflash doesn't. Not sure if it's the awesomeness of the foundation itself, or the primer itself, or the combination. Someone told me that most of LM's products work best when used together.

on 7/20/2013 8:34:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love Smashbox primer, I love the velvety feel I get with it. However I really have been having difficulty getting my skin to look good again so alas I carted my naked fact to the Laura Mercier counter at Von Maur and she turned me on to this primer. I still use my moisterizer first (as she told me to) and then I apply this. It really does help smooth out my skin for when I put on my foundation. You only have to use a little! This will last me a long time. You get what you pay for with this primer! And if you are looking for something to smooth out your skin and prep for foundation you need to give this a try!