November 27, 2014 | 1445 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - LiquidLast in Inkspill

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this black liner with reflects of forest green pearly shimmer for when I want something a little different, but still subtle from the same old traditional black liner. The pigmentation is superb, formula creamy, and wear time without budging or smudging is phenomenal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I bought this with Point Black LiquidLast Liner because when I saw it on the MUA, she had applied the most perfect cat eye I have ever seen. She also said she has friends who can go swimming in this because it doesn't ever budge unless you use an oil based makeup remover. That being said, the formula is SUPER thick and gooey and takes a while to dry after you apply. I did note that if you don't let it completely dry it will transfer to your crease area which is really annoying to have to go back with a makeup remover and redo the WHOLE thing. I love the shiny patent look, what I don't like is when your eyeshadow kinda hides the color when it touches it. I think the only liner I did not experience this with is with Tarte's Aqua Gel Liner, but that requires a brush for application and you don't get a whole lot for what you pay. Nevertheless, the color is a beautiful blackened emerald, kind of a nice change of pace than the standard black. Once you get the hang of how to use it (the brush is not the best to use), you will have the most perfect cat eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by geekess

Love it so much recently redescovered it after clearing out old makeup and I don't know how I lived without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love love LOVE the MAC Liquidlast Liners. This is a black with forest green pearl. The green looks more intense in the tube but once applied looks mainly black unless you look closely. The colour really makes green and brown eyes stand out! This dries quickly and cements to your lid and will not come off until you remove it with baby oil so be careful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's been a long time since I used this so I don't really remember too well what it was like. But from what I can recall it's a gorgeous very deep forest green, intense and dramatic colour. I don't remember if I had problems applying it but I think it looked good. I used to use it to go swimming because it DOES NOT BUDGE even on those long summer days where you spend the whole day in the pool. But since then I've switched over to using gel eyeliners in neutral colours when I go swimming, because people always used to comment (Is that EYELINER you're wearing??! And it doesn't come off in the water??!) so now that I use neutral colours like black and brown to go swimming no one notices anymore, and I don't get any more puzzled comments. As for removing it, it's a real CINCH if you use OIL as your makeup remover! I always use almond oil as a makeup remover, it is so gentle on your eyes and it removes EVERYTHING!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

What a magical, dark forest green/teal color this liner is. A tad trickier to apply than the normal felt-tip liquid liners, but it grows on you after a little practice. This goes on as a thick liquid and it is absolutely FORBIDDEN to blink or raise your eyes in any direction while it's still wet, because it is guaranteed to transfer to your lid/browbone, and it will stay there till the end of time. Once it's on, there's no getting it off. No space for mistakes with this one - you really need to get the hang of applying it before actually using it for a proper look. Once it's dry, it looks sort of alien on your lid, it doesn't feel like paint or stain or any other familiar form of face color. It looks more like a thin stripe of a freshly cut jungle leaf with the morning dew still hanging onto it, or some dark sparkly matter found in an exotic cave. Believe it or not, I mean well when using these terms, it's actually quite an accomplishment for a product to look so interesting, compact and unmovable from your skin. Now that last bit, you'll find to be an issue. Say you apply it perfectly and enjoy it all night long, and the next day, and the day after (yes it won't smudge at all) - how do you get it off? Well, good luck with that. It does not come off. It litterally sticks to your skin and holds onto it for dear life; unless you have a really oil-enforced cleanser that will eventually manage to break it down and remove it, your eyes will suffer a great ordeal. This liner is unforgiving and indestructible. That said, the decision is up to you. I would personally opt out of it since it's the least handy product to use, despite its incomparable performance.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by ditsymitzi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know that many people complain about the price of this eyeliner but if you are like me and have spent countless money and time looking for that ONE eyeliner that doesn't smudge then you won't mind spending a little more on this product. This is the only product that I have found to be smudgeproof and waterproof. I like to put eyeliner on my bottom waterline and this is perfect. It took a while to get acustomed to the thick feel of this liquid liner as opposed to others but once you do, you will be glad you gave it a try. This color is the perfect color for me. Normally I love to use the blackest black but once I put this on and saw how it shimmers and the color is like blending black with forest green and some sparkle, I fell in love. It goes so well with everything that this is my new favorite color. I can't stop raving about this particular eyeliner. I love all the colors that MAC has but I am going to stay with Inkspell since it makes my muddy brown eyes look mysterious.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LiqudLast liners are super longwearing. They would last 2 days if I didn't use a good makeup remover. That said, I wish that the brush was better suited to getting an even, clump free application. The brush is too flimsy to get an accurate line and the product tends to goop up on the wand. Inkspill is a dark blacked green with a blue shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by muffingrl

PRODUCT: This is a budge-proof liquid liner that fights even the oiliest of eyelids (MINE). Inkspill is a beautiful blackened blue-green that reminds me of Deep Blue Green pigment in liquid form. The formula is very thick and gel-like which makes it very easy work with, unlike traditional watery liquid liners. My biggest complaint about this liner is that the applicator is sometimes hard to maneuver and I end up with liquidlast in my eyelashes, which interferes with my mascara application later on. Since this stuff doesn't come off easily, it is also a pain to remove from my eyelashes, I end up with globs of liquidlast on my lashes 9/10 times I use it. I intended for this eyeliner to be my quick-go-to liner when I don't have time to dip in and out of my jar of fluidline, which it works well for, since the color brings some interest to my makeup but doesn't diverge too far from my usual black liner.

PRICE: It's a MAC product, it works well, it doesn't budge = it's not the cheapest liquid liner on the market. I believe I paid $16.50 for it, $1.50 more than my fluidline, which I have been using for 2 years now, and I still haven't run out! I will decide whether it's actually worth the price when I find out how long it takes me to run out.

PACKAGING: Small, compact, basic MAC packaging. The product is housed in a tube that's narrower than a lipglass tube. The brush applicator that it comes with is pretty stiff and tapers to a precise point. But sometimes the individual "hairs" on the brush get bent so you'll have a hard time drawing a neat line. I'm pretty good at working with liquid liners, and it is still challenging to me to draw a neat line and keep the product from gunking up my lashes.

OVERALL: Good product, beautiful color. Would not repurchase because I would like to try more colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

3.5 lippies- great quality e/l in terms of staying put, but can be difficult to apply. imo you have to be careful with the applicator (one of those fine brush applicators which isn't that firm, kinda floppy). Mess-ups can get frustrating cause it's so dark and non-budge, so you have to correct it before it sets. I don't always get that perfect line, and I'm pretty good with applying liner. Perhaps I just need some practice with this type. The color is a blackened green/blue. In the tube it looks pretty black but if you looks closely you can see the green/blue which makes it unique. I don't wear this a lot, but it's great for making your eyes stand out. Overall this is a heavy-duty, uniquely-colored liner that works at staying put. The formula however, could be a little less thick (or the brush not so prone to applying it as thick/clumpy?). One or the other...I don't think I need to buy this again...I had this experience and it's fine but nothing I need to re-purchase.