April 16, 2014 | 944 users online

Blush - MAC - Shimmersweet

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok -- I received this in a swap and was sooo bummed out when I got it. I couldn't find a swatch of it anywhere online but I figured I would like it. It does NOT show up on warm skin tones (i'm an nc 30-35 for reference) on it's own. This needs to be layered over another blush to get it's full effect, which then is quite nice actually. I applied Tippy blush and this over it, and got a ton of compliments. It adds a sheer lavender/lilac tone when applied over other blushes. But again, on it's own, does absolutely NOTHING. If I had tried this on alone at MAC, I would not have purchased it. I'm liking this for now though ...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2006 8:20:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

Have to agree with the previous reviewers, not for warm complexions at all. Shimmersweet is a pale lilac color. Too purpley for blush and really pale so doesnt show up enough as blush. Better as a highlighter on the cheekbones but its still too cool for my NC30 olive complexion. I swapped this one away. Retails for $17.50 for flip top pot and is permanent to the line.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2006 6:38:00 PM More reviews by whataworld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't really know what to do with this. I can't imagine it showing up on even the palest skin. I have other lavender color corrector items that work better (Anna Sui). For now, I will use this purely for the shimmery, not sparkly, effect which is sweet for nights out. Sometimes they discontinue products with good reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2006 7:01:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUpToo

I just found this discontinued blush at a MAC outlet store several days ago, and I love it. I love the texture of it - it is silky smooth.

The color is too light to be used for a blush - you can barely see it. But (and, of course, you have to have the right skin color for this), used as an all-over face powder, it leaves a gorgeous, nice, soft pink color on my skin.

This is now my favorite face powder!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2006 4:29:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

RIS and it was a huge disappointment. That's what I get for swapping for an item I haven't seen in person yet! There is no way this could be remotely considered a blush. It's a sheer pinky lavender highlighter that left barely any color but an overwhelming about of shimmer on my face. So much so I looked bruised. Awful as a blusher but maybe with the right matte blush this could really accentuate your look. Definately NOT for anyone with a warm complexion.