Egyptian Magic Healing Cream

3.9

Olive Oil, Beeswax, Honey, Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly and Propolis Extract

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a great product and have been using it for years now. I mainly use it as a night pack a hair mask, and occasionally moisturizer for my hands and arms during the winter season. As a night pack my skin really absorbs the goodness in this product and the next morning my skin is super soft and looks a little less dull. I use this as a night pack about every two times a month during the winter season, because my cheeks and jawline get super dry from wearing makeup almost everyday and about once a month during the spring-summer times, depend on how oily I get in the hot sun.

I tend to always color my hair because I easily get bored with it and get very dry, tangle-ly, split ends. I used this, one day, as a hair mask and see if it would make any difference and it definitely helps the hair regain its health back and after a couple more moderately spaced uses (aka doing a hair mask every month/two months) will keep your hair super soft, and keep it flexible (as in, your hair will sway like chiffon like in the commercials, instead of swaying like vertical curtain blinds and move in a stiff manner, even after just showering) The secret to softer ends and repairing damage to your split ends, is to rub on egyptian magic directly onto your ends with your thumb and pointer finger. WARNING: Because your rubbing on high concentrate amount of oil and wax onto your hair and especially ends, the oil-liness won't wash out after taking a shower because even after shampoo-ing twice (no conditioner) then your hair will up retaining some of the egyptian magic you put on it. Take a shower and just go about your day with whatever remaining oils is left in your hair after taking a shower. If you try to shampoo it out too many times at once, then that might just damage your hair even more. Then the next morning, shower again and shampoo twice, no conditioner, and you should be able to style and blow dry your hair without having any remaining residue from the hair mask.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this balm, I wouldn't call it a cream because you have to scoop some out and warm it up within your hands then it turns oily sort of like coconut oil but it's not as oily and watery it that makes sense. I have very dehydrating skin and I use this alone on my skin at night so that I can deeply moisturise it. I would say don't apply this just before you sleep because you are slightly slick but I do my nightly routine around 6 o'clock and then sleep at 10 so this allows it time to soak in before I put my face on my pillow. I wish it came with a scooper I don't mind that it is in a jar to be honest because my hands are clean each time I scoop some out and you only need the smallest amount and I mean smallest. It's expensive but if you think about it, it's around 118g so you get a lot of use for 1 pot I have no idea when I will run out because I only need the tiniest amount I can see it lasting a long time.

Pros: hydrating
Nourishing
Doesn't break me out
Huge pot

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I have read so many contradictory reviews of Egyptian Magic that it is confusing for me. It works for some and it is overrated for some. Yes the cream is super-expensive. It feels greasy and oily and does not look too appealing in the ugly plastic tub. No chic jars and whipped-consistency-beauty-cream style for this product.

I have found this to be a healing cream (and therefore a beauty cream). I had some spots on my face because of using the good-looking, well-packaged creams containing cetyl alcohol and other such alcohols and Shea butter (which does not suit my skin). In general, my face had been looking like an oil cloth, last few weeks.

I used EM on face for two days in a row and the skin has cleared out so well! Those spots/blemishes are gone and the milia I had under the eyes and on the forehead has just sunken in. The quantity of the EM cream I used is so less and it has worked miracles so far.
I also dab a bit on the cracked heels and those healed soon too (no pun intended)

Lesson learnt - use EM sparingly as a face cream and in general use it as a healing cream or treatment for dry spots, blemishes, bruises and scars.

I don't know if the EM tub I got is the real deal or a fake (I did read some reviews where they discuss the differences). All I know is it is working very well for my skin. I also like the very mild natural scent of honey that this cream has and am thankful that it has no added fragrance.

Interestingly, Savannah Bee Body Butter was an excellent formula (but a bit harshly scented) similar to Egyptian Magic and lot cheaper. Recently however, they have changed their ingredients and added the notorious cetyl/cetearyl alcohols and shea butter. Not going to work for me anymore :( L'Occitane etc are too expensive for my comfort and I'd rather spend on EM then.

I am going to get rid of all those beauty pots and store my EM cream in one such chic jar. It rightly deserves that place. That plastic tub is just a horrible insult to this heavenly cream.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I saw Egyptian Magic at Whole Foods and I was impressed by the 4 oz jar. Usually we're lucky if we get an ounce of premixed creams. The label on the jar is worthy of Dr. Bronner, with its mess of symbols, aphorisms, and "Peace Unto You"; and the CEO of Egyptian Magic, LordPharaoh ImHotepAmonRa, may actually be even weirder than the kooky Dr. Bronner. Never being one to resist anything quirky, I bought a jar.

This is a waxy balm that gets oily as the temperature rises, like coconut oil. At first it seems extremely greasy (like coconut oil) but it eventually soaks in if left on overnight. When I use this I have to have something covering my skin (like pajamas and socks), because it takes a long time to be absorbed. I use this at night, on my tormented feet, elbows, knees, thighs, etc. It softens callouses overnight. I've used it around my eyes a couple of times when the skin has felt especially dry, but only at night, because, on my skin, this stuff is oily, oily. It's great on neck and decolletage only if I have a low collar, because lint will stick to the balm. I haven't tried this on my whole face, because of the grease factor, but if I ever got windburn I'd definitely give it a try. I use this to tame frizz in my hair, and to soften dry ends. I also use it for chapped lips, but it doesn't last overnight. It's good for maintaining soft lips, but not for softening lips that are already dry. It doesn't seem to be fragranced, but if you get close and sniff it has a slightly sweet scent. This is much less greasy than Palmer's Cocoa Butter, and it doesn't leave a smell on my skin.

This doesn't work as well for me for hangnails, chapped lips, dry patches, scars, windburn, elbows & knees, as Josie Maran Argan Balm (also in 4 oz. jar) and Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil. If these products disappeared, I might be satisfied replacing them with Egyptian Magic. I like Egyptian Magic better than Eight Hour Cream, 27 Wishes, Lush Ultrabalm, Waxelene (I hate this stuff), Jurlique Love Balm, and Embryolisse Baume Secours.

Overall, for regular use that's friendly to my budget, Coconut Oil is the way to go, but Josie Maran Argan products work best for skin problems.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Great moisturizer for chapped skin. I use it on my face anytime the weather is cooler than usual. I have fairly dry skin, but someone with oily skin might find it too heavy. Texture is pleasant and it emulsifies very easily.

I initially bought this to try with my grandson who has eczema, but it came as a three pack with a very small travel size and so I decided to try it. IT"S WONDERFUL! I used it on my under eye wrinkles and around my mouth and on my neck where I was beginning to see some crepiness. . I also used it on a chronic dry elbow that NOTHING else had helped and as a general moisturizer on my hands. It is not a cream, but a thickened oil.It melts immediately on contact with skin and although it feels a bit thick going on it soaks right in and in less than 5 mintues my skin was soft and smooth. NO Oiliness at all.

I think perhaps those who claim it's TOO thick and oily are applying TOO MUCH. A little of this goes a very long way. I LOVE how the skin on my face looks after one week of this. I have long used Philosophy skin care products and still use their moisturizer in the rmorning but Egyptican Magic is MY BEDTIME cream of choice. My nail cuticles and hands look better than they ever have and the dry elbow patch is GONE completely. It has also worked wonders on my grandson's eczema. His mother applies it to his damp skin after bathing, it soaks in, she applies another layer then puts pajamas on and in the morning, smooth soft skin with no more itching. My family will continue to use this product faithfully. Iit is dye and perfume free.

Perfect night mask!! I'm addicted to this cream/ointment it works wonders hydrating my face and hands and HAIR!!! It even works on burns and spider bites, I put it on EVERYTHING. I LOVE this stuff!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

When I first bought this cream for $52 at my local Mecca store, like everyone else I was extremely surprised to see it has an almost wax-like consistency. I found that upon contact with hands (or on a warm day) this product instantly melts into a more oil-like consistency, and is much easier to spread across the face. As someone who gets oily very easily, I was apprehensive about trying such a heavy product on my face, so I used it before bed, and when I woke up the next morning I was shocked at how soft and smooth my skin felt! I applied a little bit before my makeup and I was glowing for the rest of the day. I now use this in the mornings before I apply my makeup (leave to absorb for 10 minutes), and at night before I go to bed. It has made my skin a bit clearer, a bit brighter and a bit healthier. It's a little expensive, especially if you're in Australia like I am, but I'd definitely recommend it. You can use it everywhere, I use it on my stretch marks and my mother uses it on her eczema and we've both found it to be a really good product.

But one thing; the letters on my tub have started to slide off/disintegrate/rub off for no apparent reason, not sure if this has happened to anyone else.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a good, all natural moisturizer with a very decent, soft smell. I personally love the scent as I like everything that smells of natural beeswax. I especially like to use it as a footcream after showering as it makes my feet very soft and moisturizes the skin very well. And no, I don't think this is like vaseline - at all, as it has no mineral oil or derivates of it! It spreads easily and sinks into the skin quickly. Be careful to purchase the original product as there are many fakes with not all natural ingredients at all!
(and I really wish people would at least try to write in a comprehensible language here. (g8? Wtf?)

Ok kids .. I'm back for review no. 2 😉.. This stuff is g8 BUT .. Only in small douses.. It's like Vaseline yes .. I use it under my eyes ( rub in into an oil on my hand ) @ night only .. This EM is bloody oily .. In the morning OMG .. Smooth as a babies B#M .. So yes use it .. But don't go stupid with it ( if you do you will need to change your pillow cover every nite .. See you on the smooth side xx

Popular Body Skincare Products