April 24, 2014 | 1546 users online

Skincare - Body - Egyptian Magic - Healing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by fanimarg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product when i was pregnant to prevent stretch marks and i was using it during my whole pregnancy. Fantastic product. I only applied it once , sometimes twice a day , i did not had to reapplied it on my belly too often, keeps your skin moisturized.I used other creams but my skin felt dry until i found this miracle cream.i had not a single stretch mark.Now i use it on my face as a treatment when it feels too dry, and sometimes only on my forehead to prevent those fine lines to get deeper. But only at sleep-time cause is too greasy for a day cream. Verygood product! Happy with it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Egyptian Magic is a nifty product. I'd compare it to the much cheaper Aquaphor. They're both ointments that seemingly heal every thing. I'd say that Aquaphor is probably thicker and greasier but they both work in the same manner.

I bought this mainly because of the hype. I didn't intend to use it on my face but my skin is acne prone and I'm leary of applying any kind of thick product loaded with oils on my face. I first used this on a few scratches and bruises and they seemingly healed much quicker. A few weeks ago, I had a terrible reaction to an at home facial wax. Despite washing my face after waxing and applying hydrocortisone cream, my upper lip still broke out terribly. These weren't the small little contact dermatitis pimples either. These were huge pimples that really hurt! I decided I had nothing to lose by applying Egyptian Magic. A few minutes after applying this, I noticed the pain had subsided. By the next day, the redness and swelling had gone down and by the third and fourth days, the pimples were gone. If I would have used a traditional spot treatment, I'm sure it would have taken longer and I also would have been left with a few nice reminders in the form of brown marks. I haven't had a break out since the waxing debacle but if I get another, I think I might very well use this product.

The ointment itself is nothing to write home about. It doesn't have a great smell but it doesn't smell bad either. I get a faint beeswax smell and that's about it. When applied to the skin, I don't notice a smell at all. It's also fairly easy to apply provided you follow the directions and warm it between your fingers (or palm) first. If you don't, it's rather thick and take time to work into the skin. Like any oil based ointment, this is rather sticky and oily. It does sink in to the skin quickly but I'd still limit use to night time or when you're not going out.

Overall, this is a pretty great ointment. I don't know if I'd say it's miraculous but it does deliver. It is rather expensive but a 4 oz jar last forever. I've had mine for two months and I've barely made a dent in it. Depending on where you buy this, it will run you anywhere from $25 to $40 so it isn't cheap. I got mine from a seller on eBay (before I realized Costco sells two jars for roughly the same price I paid for one!) but from what I've been reading, there are counterfeit jars out there. I'm fairly confident mine is authetic because it doesn't smell funny and seemingly works well. As always, do your research about your online sellers if you decide to buy this online or buy it from a reliable retail source. I think this is a decent investment and, for once, the hype is deserved.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by jesstorious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely amazing. My skin is finally clearing up and evening out. I only use at night because it is really oily so I don't think my make up would apply well on it. Expensive,but will last forever and has many uses(has helped my husbands psoriasis for example) and I found it cheaper at Costco !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Zee101

Its sad to see that so many buyers have been sold the fake Egyptian Magic Cream and therefore they have negative reviews. I have been using the "Real" Egyptian Magic cream for just three days now and have noticed incredible results and no I am not affiliated to the manufacturers at all, just enjoying the product immensely and sort of sad that so many users have been sold dupes. The real Egyptian Magic Cream is not as yellow as shown in the picture here on this site, it is almost colorless, does not have even a tinge of yellow in it, it should have the R beside the name to the right of the name and the bottom should have the expiry date engraved and not printed. Also it should come with a tamper proof seal. Again, an excellent product, the price not that excellent but you certainly are getting your monies worth. I have just been using this on my face as I have dry patches and uneven texture here and there, and I have seen amazing results just after three uses. I apply this to my face before bedtime, it does feel a tad bit oily at first but soaks up into the skin very quickly. Does not feel heavy or tacky as some users have said, I am therefore convinced they have been sold dupes. I will certainly buy it again when I'm close to running out. To those contemplating buying this product, you will certainly not be sorry but be careful where you purchase it from and look out for the things I mentioned previously. Lastly, there is no prominent smell other than it smelling a bit like bees wax, if the EMC you bought smells of anything I am certain that is the dupe. This product definitely gets a thumbs up from me!!!!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by theriot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to moisturize my face (acne-prone/sensitive/combination). It's a little on the heavy side, so I only really use it in the colder months (Chicago = long, bitterly cold, dry months). Due to its thickness, you need to warm it up in your hands to allow it to melt for easier application. In order to see results, daily and nightly application is a must. I have a super sensitive face and this didn't break me out. This is why the price, less than $30 online for 4 oz jar, is so reasonable, in my opinion. The main con is its jar/tub packaging, so just use with clean hands, which you do anyway cos you're touching your face, lol. If it weren't so hot in the summer, I'd use this year round, but it's too heavy/thick for that, I think.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by cocobinx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm only reviewing this as a face moisturizer. I wouldn't recommend buying it if that is what you want to use it for. It feels very greasy and sticky. Usually when I buy a new moisturizer I really like, I wake up the next morning after using it and see/feel some sort of difference in my skin. It does a decent job at moisturizing, but nothing that I *really* notice. I dread using it because it smells funky, feels very heavy/sticky on my face, and it's just not something I enjoy putting on. I'd recommend argan oil for something similar that is better. I'll finish it, but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by cwellsto9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yes-expensive, but lasts FOREVER! Not to mention amazing as a lip balm, foot/heel recoverer, and the best hydrating skin balm! Have tried everything! E.M is the best all around Beauty Product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a love hate relationship with this cream.

I love it, but I hate how expensive it is, and how it's a tub of cream that's not very hygienic.

I had to order this online because I couldn't find it in any shops, but it arrived in a timely manner.

I've used this as a lip balm, which seems to be working fine, although it needs to be applied very regularly. I think this may be because my lips are super dry and peeling and it's being absorbed quickly. It's very soothing when applied.

There's a very faint smell to this - nothing bad but nothing overly nice either. I can only smell it if I apply it to my face - which is horrible. After a few nights of sleeping with this on my skin broke out, and my pores who are usually small were massive. Therefore I'm only using this as a balm for dry lips, sores, cracked heels etc.

As much as I love it I don't think it does much more than other products at a fraction of the price.

I won't be repurchasing simply because it didn't live up to all the hype, and it's super expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Olive Oil, Beeswax, Honey, Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly and Propolis Extract
Nothing "magic" but its an adequate emollient with some decent ingredients for healing and moisturizing. Not scented. I like it in spite of the endorsement by Paltrow. Ok for wearing to bed under woolie socks but KeraSal is better for softening feet.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 5:39:00 AM More reviews by zuleikarega

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been reading plenty of reviews about this cream and oh boy why didn't I buy it sooner?!

So last week I had a pretty bad circumstances when my experiment with some facial products went....terribly wrong.
My skin turned into a dessert and I couldn't even bear to touch my face that time. I even got to one point when I cried my eyes out when it hit me, that my smooth skin was nowhere to be found. It was that bad, trust me. My mom even complained about my face.
Then I remembered I have a sample of EMC (in a sachet), given by a make up online seller as a bonus for purchasing some other products.
I tried it out, and in less than three days, I could feel my skin getting better. I had a full size shipped overnight because I finished that sample size.
Now, its been a week and I already got my smooth skin back <3

I wouldn't say that its a whole package you're looking for in a product tho. The packaging is unconvincing (that was honestly the main reason I thought that it was another low-rated product that wouldn't do anything to my skin), I'm not so fond of the scent either (neither does my boyfriend, who kept asking me what kind of weird oil did i put on my face lol), and it gets too oily in my face that I'm afraid got scattered all over my pillow every night.

But still, I'll continue to use this as a night cream from now on, except for the day when I use my Glamglow Thirsty mud (I used it twice a week).

However, I do heard that some people's not really suited to this product. I'm not really sure if its because of the product or they just got a fake product sold by some sellers (here in Indonesia a lot of fake products are being sold).
So I hardly recommend some people that asked me to try to put it as a thin layer first for one or two days to try it out, just to make sure.
But however, for me, its a really nice product :D