September 2, 2014 | 1347 users online

Liquid - Yves Saint Laurent - Fond de Teint Pinceau Eclat

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by CatCaspers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product because my older sister recommended it! I cant remember which colour I got, but I have fair skin so I got quite a light one. I think this product is good but I find it is messy and you waste quite a lot trying to get it on. It covers well, stays on for a long time and looks good, but it makes my pores look very obvious. It also highlights dry patches of skin. If you spend quite a while putting it on and add powder afterwards it does look very good. I dont think its a bad product it is good, but there are better ones out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I only got this today so my opinion could change. First of all I had excellent CS from the SA who spent ages trying to get me the right match. I got number 4 which was quite neutral and fair. We tried another one which matched well but made me look drained! This matches perfectly with no tidelines visible.

I had quite clear skin and my main issue with foundation is finding something that will even out little red patches. This was just enough with no need for concealer. The foundation looks lovely and fresh on. It is brightening without looking horribly shimmery or glittery. It was applied over a primer, so I will be interested to see how it works without a primer.

Update: The brush is fine. Infact I am really liking it. It's not wonderful around my nose but it is not a disaster either.

Longevity: It lasts well though does not have the longevity of Revlon Colourstay, for example. However, this can be topped up without going cakey or orange in the evenings.

I'm having no bother not using a primer. Another reviewer has said that this is better with a primer. It probably is but my face is cleansed, toned and moisturised and I have no problems with it.

So far, the foundation has lasted well without going into melt down - as with the Lancome Miracle Touche. I like how light this feels on my skin. It is very comfortable. No need for powder either.

Time will tell if this is my HG foundation. I have two issues against it. I have never spent as much on foundation - £32 - but you do get more product for your money (40ml). My second concern is the brush applicator. I have had highlighters before where the brush applicator became a bit of a mess and spoilt an otherwise good product. We shall see. Watch this space!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 7:34:00 AM More reviews by lookinggood12

A wonderful product if you are looking for a medium/sheer coverage.once you get the hang of how to use the brush-there is no wastage of the product.works beautifully on top of a primer.
If you do not use a primer- please be ready to use fairly generous amounts of moisturiser beneath this as the foundation feels a little dry and has a tendency to overplay the laughter lines .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by SpiritQueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Woah, love love love.
The product was silky on my skin and the colour matched perfectly.
I really liked the brush because it seemed to be a good quality and placed the product on nicely.
A good shear coverage which I enjoyed too.
But one would need to wash the brush about once or twice a week because it can get clogged due to the fact that the product comes through it.

I might buy it again but I rarely use foundation because I have good skin and I am young so I don't need to use it regularly and because of this I hadn't finished it all when I came to bin the product after its year "sell by date" :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 6:56:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember having this 1 or 2 years ago. I am a foundation junkie, this is why I always want to try something new,hoping for finding the best foundation ever. But sometimes, well, it doesn't happen.
I really loved this foundation, the idea of introducing the brush is so unique and let me tell you that I do not agree with the girl above me who said that this is not hygienic at all. Well, as well as you wash your hands or your special foundation brush/sponge before applying this super foundation, you should also clean this one after each use. Clinique and MAC have these special cleansers. The texture is also extraordinary. This is very creamy and soft and it does what it promises: convert your skin into a baby's one. Another special thing is that this doesn't cause breakouts - at least it did not on my super acne prone & sensitive skin this is why I so love this one.
So, girls out there who don't really know if buying or not buying this foundation, I suggest you do! This is my TOP 3 foundation and let me tel you that I am very selective and capricious. If you ever had a brush or a sponge for the foundation and used this, you'll be very comfortable with this "incorporated" brush too. This is not a big deal, so don't get to scary about it. :-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 4:07:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, I think a foundation that comes in a sponge-tip tube is the most un-hygienic product in the world, because all the bacteria on your skin will get in the sponge and happily reproduce and live ever after with all those oils to feed on.
Second, I tried it and, as I found the colour to match perfectly to my skin (I got #8), I think it doesn't cover enough and won't dry as I like it (as a fact, I prefer liquid to powder formulas, and this is only liquid).
So, I think it is a total waste of money and a bad companion to your skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was planning to buy this foundation and, just to make sure I wasn't about to waste my money, I decided to try a sample. Thank God I did it! Fond de Teint Pinceau Eclat didn't completely work for me as it made my pores look hugeeeeeeee. How disappointing!! I hate to burst anyone's bubble here, but I can’t recommend this product at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2007 5:43:00 PM More reviews by AmyE1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros: Matched my skin tone flawlessly, pleasant scent. Cons: The applicator brush is useless around nose and eyes, and it's almost impossible to get the correct amount out of the tube. This causes a lot of waste, which is a shame in a foundation that costs $50. Also, it takes a little longer than it should to dry, and has very short staying power. However, when it's on, it does look beautiful and radiant.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2007 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Cthrift

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! It was my first attempt at a liquid foundation, and I was pleasantly surprised by the smooth, light finish. It is easy to use, has a great scent, and makes my skin look flawless. At first, I was concerned about the application because using the brush attached to the end of the tube was very different than I was used to. But after a few days, it became very quick and comfortable. I find that it lasts all day. Great find...a definite recommendation!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My boyfriend bought me this while on holiday in rome, when i thought my rmk creamy fdtn looked a bit thick for days and 'obvious'. The lightest shade there was #7, a beige-y tone that matched my nc25 ok, although not great (i have lightly yellow undertones and this didnt have enough yellow in) but nonetheless wasnt a bad match. Anything above #7 was way too dark. First thing i noticed was the gorgeous smell- to me its JUST like fresh FRESH watermelon!!mmmm!!The brush, isnt as bad as others make out imo, its not great, buts its not *TERRIBLE*. I apply this carefully and minimally (i hate the cakey thick obvious m/u look!) and it sets to a soft matte finish, without being cakey or powdery and gives a meduim finish and covers any redness. And this is the best bit- it stays put!!no wearing off with this fdtn- its great! Also, another thing thats really important (i took lots of pics in rome!) is it makes my skin look flawless in pics!!I have combo skin, with dry areas now its winter and as long as u use a good moisturiser this fdtn will not emphasise any dry bits. Im not sure if id re-purchase, i think i would, but id try another shade. We paid 33 euros but this was with a 15% discount in a rome dept. store