July 26, 2014 | 1529 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Electra

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by JessicaP95

One word. PIGMENTATION! This lipstick is amazing, it lasts forever and it super pigmented. Definitely worth the money!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by roserie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Formula:

-Super creamy, not drying on the lips.
-With a good lipliner it doesn't run or feather
-Color lasts for at least a couple hours, maybe less depending on what you eat
-Soap smell takes some getting used to

Color:

-It looks like a true red in the tube, but on my lips it leans very pink. I don't see how other reviewers say it's a true red because it really isn't on my lips...
-The worst is that after an hour or two of wear the color fades into this garish magenta. While I get compliments when I first put it on, I soon get people asking me if I'm sick!

I would probably buy in a different color, but I'm going to give Electra a pass.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by torlumieremarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with Electra, but boy is she high-maintenance!

Electra is one of the truer reds I've found, although I can echo other reviews about the pink tone. The formulation is silky and glossy, which I really like, but it does get everywhere! I can always tell which cup is mine at a party because it has red lipstick all over it. If I do my makeup before I dress, I have to bust out the bar soap. Sigh. Blot, blot, blot.

So why am I loyal to Electra? Why five lippies? Well, the colour is perfect. I'm super-picky; it took weeks and dozens of swatches before I found a cheap red I liked! I get compliments and requests to borrow my lipstick nearly every time I wear this out, which is at least twice a week. I might swap to a thicker formula if I find one, but I'm happy enough to work with her.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Charmer7

My mom said "Hey the 80's called, they want their makeup back" when I stepped out in Electra, I couldn't control my laughter . I loveeeee this color, great practice color in my opinion. A good lip line and clean face works best with it. Wear it how you want it, I spent $8 on eBay for this and two other round lipsticks and I have to say best buy ever!! Good payoff but slightly runny and sunscreen smell. Chapstick and lip liner is a must. Will buy more again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

First of all, I really love this color. It is without a doubt my perfect red, just cool-toned enough to light up my whole face without being noticeably pinky. It is absolutely beautiful, which is why I am so sad to give it a low rating and say I wouldn't buy it again.

The color itself doesn't have bad staying power in that it doesn't fade quickly and blots/initially fades to a pretty stain. The formula feels light and silky and delightful. But this is the first lipstick I've worn (and I've worn more than a few cheapies) that feathers. Does it ever feather. Like feathering is going out of style.

I am always so happy the first few minutes I put this lipstick on, and wonder how I ever thought there was anything wrong with it. And after about 20 minutes of wearing, I look in the mirror and see the horrendous feathering and wonder how I ever thought that putting it on would be a good idea.

I'm currently on a mad hunt for a dupe of this color that will stay put better and I do hope if anyone knows of one that you'll drop me a message. EDIT: Maybelline Colorstay in Continuous Cranberry! Dead-on with superb lasting power.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 5:21:00 AM More reviews by valeriepangg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omg, I was on the lookout for Topaz and Snow White. But the store ran out of products so I found the reddest color I could find, and landed with this one. I thought I would risk it and try it out and I was SO happy I did! this color is so pretty and red and just the way I like it. So classy!

But yes, I agree with the others that it's too sloppy and messy, but I would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by OootkaP

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have purple-red hair, blue eyes and ivory skin (NW10) I have nice lips, so I've been venturing out into the colored lipsticks. After wearing hot pinks, I decided to try out reds. This is perfect! Looks classy, and doesn't dry out my lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Tamarachehade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think it's a really good red for skintones around NC35 and NC45. Very smooth and soooo pigmented!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This IS quite a messy lipstick (as all NYX lippies are in general) so I completely understand what you ladies are saying. BUT that problem can easily be solved by one magical thing: a lip brush! When wearing any red, I NEVER apply it straight from the tube, I make sure to ALWAYS use a lip liner, and... voila! Red-hot lips that survive the day!
I might be in the minority here, but I actually LOVE this cheapie red. Not deep, not brown at all, but not exactly fire-engine red (given that it DOES have a pink tone to it), but it's NOT a red-pink. It's definitely a pink-red. It's a neutral based red (not warm nor cool), so it's beautiful on my ghostly pale NW15 complexion. I like to pair it up with NYX Plush Red lip liner for the best results. A red in this line that is almost IDENTICAL to Electra is Chic Red, but Chic Red has a bit stronger pink undertone. I'm not much of a red-lipstick gal, so I don't have anything high end to compare this to, but all I can say is that this is rich, creamy, and it CAN be long-wearing if you use the right method of application. This stays moist on the lips, is extremely day-time wearable, and doesn't settle into any lines or crevices in or outside the lips (IF you use a liner!). I gave this a high rating because it's my first 'practice-red' that has actually suited me (giving me hope that I can actually start to delve into the 'high-end' world to find my perfect red, and not be too scared). This lipstick was that first stepping stone for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Bucephala

I've been on the hunt for a great, red lipstick and sadly, this was a miss for me. Like others have said, it's very messy. You have to be careful applying it and definitely need a lip liner with it. The shade is kind of blah. It's not very vibrant. It's not what I was hoping for and the hunt for a red will continue.