April 16, 2014 | 943 users online

Skincare - Face - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I like to change it up and use a variety of SPF moisturizers, so when TBS was having another one of their sales I decided to pick this up. I didn't realize until I got home and looked at the ingredients that this is a chemical sunscreen (I usually go for physical). I became a little weary when I found that out because the ingredient Avobenzone is supposedly notorious for clogging pores. But I've been using this on and off for about a month now and so far, my skin hasn't had any issues with this. I like that unlike physical sunscreens, this doesn't take forever to rub in and it doesn't leave a white cast. However, it does leave an oily/shiny residue that never quite goes away. My skin is pretty good so I usually don't even bother with foundation/face make-up; but with this moisturizer I HAVE to apply some sort of powder to neutralize the shine. One thing that should be noted is that this STINGS terribly if it gets into your eyes. Chemical sunscreens break down over the course of the day so in order to get the full SPF benefit, this needs to be reapplied every 2 hours...but who really has the time to do that?! I've taken to applying an SPF 50 powder sunscreen (Physicians Formula Healthy Wear) over this for extra protection.

I tend to over-apply my sunscreen moisturizers in order to get the full SPF benefit so this small tube probably won't last me very long. $20 is pretty steep for something that I'd have to repurchase monthly, but I only ever buy from TBS during their sales. This is more hydrating than any other SPF moisturizer I've ever tried. I definitely like this better than the other TBS moisturizers with SPF (Seaweed and Vitamin E), but I'm still on the hunt for the perfect sunscreen moisturizer.

So all in all, this is a pretty good SPF moisturizer. It will suffice until I find something better...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by alixnaiq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking to try moisturisers with high SPFs, and was attracted by the smell and the Vitamin C hype. This didn't work for me at all, even though it had a nice scent and absorbed very quickly, and didnít feel greasy. On using it for the first time, I could already see this crop of pale red bumps on right cheek after a couple of hours of sweating and some time in the sunlight! I had a mild burning sensation when applied. I waited for a week and tried it again. I still had the slight burning sensation which lasted even after 30min or so had elapsed, and the red bumps appeared again after a few hours. I decided not to bother trying it again and gave it it away to an 18-year-old student of mine, who has been using it with no problems / reactions. I really regret not testing it out on my jawline for a few hours before buying this. I bought Neutrogena SPF 50 Ultra Sheer helioplex moisturiser around the same time, and it worked much better - no reaction, and a higher SPF without giving my skin a whitish cast.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I have dry skin and it looked very dull lately. I have been using my Mac moisturizer which actually dried out my skin so much - it needed an urgent recovery.

I was skeptical about Vit C moisturizer, because all the reviews been saying different things. But now that I use it, here is what I think:

Best for: this is a great product if your skin is dry. seriously, you don't need much of this product, because it is quite thick and small amount goes a long way.

Scent: this product has a very distinctive citrus scent to it (as the Vit C part suggests), however I don't find it over-powering or annoying (I usually don't like scents to my skincare, but this one is pretty fine).

Feel: on my skin this moisturizer feels amazing. I don't use SPF foundation, so this product protects my skin just fine.

I can't really say whether I feel the brightening effect or not, but for the price and quality - I believe this is a very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by earriaga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this product simply by searching online for an excellent moisturizer. I thought why not give it a try since it was one of the most affordable compared to others. It sits well with my skin and leaves it radiant.

For those who take or plan on taking Accutane, this is a great moisturizer to use for the dry skin. A bonus is that it also has SPF 20. I've repurchased this 3 times already and don't plan on switching moisturizers for daytime.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by agnebai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This has been my favorite daily moisturizer for about 5 years now. Every time I'm about to finish my tube, I tell myself that it's time to try something new, but I always end up buying the same one! I love everything about it: it smells really nice, one tube goes a long way and therefore I don't think it's pricey, and most importantly it feels great on my face skin. I have normal skin, not sensitive, not too dry, but every morning after shower I feel an urge to moisturize it and putting on this Vitamin C moisturizer feels amazing. It's quite light and gets absorbed really fast, so I can continue with my make-up right away.
I never had any skin irritation from this product, but then again, I rarely have those kind of problems... However, my sister has much more oily skin and more problematic than mine, and she uses the same moisturizer and loves it.
I think I'm not switching to another moisturizer in the nearest future.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by mariasara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin prone to breakouts. I bought this product based on good reviews, and spf 30. Well, I was very disapointed. This is so, so thick, thicker than old-style sunscreens, and makes you look white too... Also I had nasty breakouts in my jaw line. So I gave it to my mother, who has normal to dry skin, to use it in the garden.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I like this moisturizer - I got it on sale in a squeeze tube for $5 or $8 (both a good deal). I have oily skin with a few pimples, and this was really nice daytime moisturizer. It's very light and soaks easily into the skin. It seems really nice too - like face lotion and fruits.
I said I'd repurchase but I'm going to try some new things before I try this. I'm not sure of the regular price of this and I just enjoy trying new things.
Good moisturizer for sure, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by aero28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually feel like this makes my skin glow! I like the scent and it keeps my skin soft. I had a small breakout after i started it, but it has gone away. This has spf so it is great. I wear it under makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sadie324

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS IT IS SIMPLY AMAZINGGGG!! Ill make this short and sweet. Do not know what I would do without this, the thought of running out makes me shudder! Great under makeup, it brightens my face all day, and i love that it has SPF <3

UPDATE!!
I've stopped using this recently because I developed a bit of sensitivity on my skin. Unfortunatly this moisturizer was too strong for this so I put it away for my little sister :) hope she deosnt get my genes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't buy this again because I like change. There is a saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but that doesn't apply to me, I love trying new products, there are just too many things on the market to stick with ONE that doesn't do anything amazing.

I gave this a 4 because it has sun protection, it isn't greasy, it's very moisturising, it doesn't break me out - basically it works fab. But it's no miracle for skin life changing product. You get 50ml in the bottle, I can't remember how much it costs, it's not hugely expensive but it costs over £10 but it lasts a long time. The body shop definitely did good with this product.

For reference I have combo skin that is prone to hormonal breakouts.